Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] October 2009 Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
We shouldnt be so quick to judge, they(Caps) were going to play but the manager had a family emergency (not my place to post what) and couldn't get the equipment or paperwork to the players who were going to show up!

Why not explain to the league the emergency(just as the LUFC Knights did) if it really was an emergency the league would understand and reschedule the game.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So let me get this straight. If the manager of a Div. 2 team can't make it to the game the whole team doesn't come and they have to forfiet.

soc

Sep 13, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see a few here are enjoying slagging me and my team so I figured I set the record straight so you actually had the facts. Am I happy about having to forfeit - of course not. I am even less pleased it was a last minute thing which sucks even more - that wasn't fair to Guildford United. I've run my team for 16 years and played on it almost 20 and have never forfeited a game before. It is not something we do or take any pleasure doing.

The reality is we couldn't field a team. Bunch of injuries from last week, a couple of guys away and then some guys got the flu on Wednesday. Still thought we would be okay and would have a team with worst case scenario have one sub. Of course I would rather have more so I tried calling our div 3 team on Wednesday to see if we could get a couple of call ups but no dice and I simply didn't have enough time to get paperwork done to bring up youth from our club. Still thought okay we will manage with 11/12 but then a few more called me Friday morning to say they were too sick to play. So we are down to 8 guys by then. Do I think a few sickies might of sucked it up -sure but I'm not going to judge them for that decision.

Then the icing on the cake was my father-in law went on life support earlier yesterday afternoon so that kind of sealed it as now I couldn't get to the game so we are down one more. Of course if I had enough players to play one of them would of figured a way to get to the hospital get my keys and get the equipment etc. But at that point it didn't really matter because we would of only had 7 guys. Felt real bad mostly for Guildford. Called the league and Guildford and explained the situation and was man enough to forfeit rather than try to be a weasel and rescheduled. There was no reason to reschedule. The bottom line was we didn't have enough players so why should Guildford have to accomodate that?

Anyway thats the sob story and you can take or leave it but at least you can talk about it with a bit more knowledge of the situation.

Good luck the rest of the season.

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
i agree with everyone else....forfeiting sucks, especially when you are looking forward to the weekend after a hard week of training. HOWEVER, gotta respect Soc for taking responsibility and holding himself accountable. Can't blame anyone for jumping to conclusions, but with flu/injuries going around I can understand the situation. Who wants to play the number 1 team with 7 guys??? Chalk up another W and another clean sheet to Guilford...

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
well........2-1 titans over inter :(
this one hurts and is hard to swallow but it was an even game they scored twice we scored once so simply they deserve the 3 points they got. no excuses from stals top 10 just in a slum we have to overcome. congrats titans and good luck the rest of the way :( :( :( :(

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
well........2-1 titans over inter :(
this one hurts and is hard to swallow but it was an even game they scored twice we scored once so simply they deserve the 3 points they got. no excuses from stals top 10 just in a slum we have to overcome. congrats titans and good luck the rest of the way :( :( :( :(

Blame it on Franchise for being in Vegas. If you need another excuse, let me know, I'm full og them :D

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see a few here are enjoying slagging me and my team so I figured I set the record straight so you actually had the facts. Am I happy about having to forfeit - of course not. I am even less pleased it was a last minute thing which sucks even more - that wasn't fair to Guildford United. I've run my team for 16 years and played on it almost 20 and have never forfeited a game before. It is not something we do or take any pleasure doing.

The reality is we couldn't field a team. Bunch of injuries from last week, a couple of guys away and then some guys got the flu on Wednesday. Still thought we would be okay and would have a team with worst case scenario have one sub. Of course I would rather have more so I tried calling our div 3 team on Wednesday to see if we could get a couple of call ups but no dice and I simply didn't have enough time to get paperwork done to bring up youth from our club. Still thought okay we will manage with 11/12 but then a few more called me Friday morning to say they were too sick to play. So we are down to 8 guys by then. Do I think a few sickies might of sucked it up -sure but I'm not going to judge them for that decision.

Then the icing on the cake was my father-in law went on life support earlier yesterday afternoon so that kind of sealed it as now I couldn't get to the game so we are down one more. Of course if I had enough players to play one of them would of figured a way to get to the hospital get my keys and get the equipment etc. But at that point it didn't really matter because we would of only had 7 guys. Felt real bad mostly for Guildford. Called the league and Guildford and explained the situation and was man enough to forfeit rather than try to be a weasel and rescheduled. There was no reason to reschedule. The bottom line was we didn't have enough players so why should Guildford have to accomodate that?

Anyway thats the sob story and you can take or leave it but at least you can talk about it with a bit more knowledge of the situation.

Good luck the rest of the season.

Good to see a new ttper. But don't take anything personal. It's a team game and it's not your fault, you had a legit excuse. You need to question the losers(sorry, forfeiters) on your team. If you are sick suck it up, if you're injured get your limp on. I have been "injured" since we played you guys and haven't missed a practice or game. It hurts to walk but I suck it up. Tell the players with the sandy vaginas to put down their purses and whipe off their lipstick and man up.

WestCoast..What??? My thoughts are with you and your family in your tough moment. And good luck to you, hope your players will get their heads out of their asses for you.

soc

Sep 13, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know what Westcoast if I had the time on Friday afternoon I probably could of got most of the guys who were sick, and or hurt to come out if they knew the situation that we were down so many players from the last time I talked to them when I told them we would still be okay. But I think you can appreciate my priorities on Friday were a little different than worrying about a soccer game. I made a quick decision during a stressful time on behalf of the team that I stand by. So don't question the character of my teammates because you don't know them and your assumptions and conclusions about them are simply wrong and not based in any knowledge of their characters. I played with most of these guys for a long long time and while I don't know you well enough to be presumptuous enough to comment on your character or heart I would have no problem putting up any of my guys up and saying they have just as much or more heart and character as any of your teammates.

But I do appreciate the thoughts for my family so why don't we just leave it on that pleasant note and I say thanks because I do appreciate it.

WestCoast..What??? Looking forward to our next game with you. I plan to score a goal (and I don't score them often).

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know what Westcoast if I had the time on Friday afternoon I probably could of got most of the guys who were sick, and or hurt to come out if they knew the situation that we were down so many players from the last time I talked to them when I told them we would still be okay. But I think you can appreciate my priorities on Friday were a little different than worrying about a soccer game. I made a quick decision during a stressful time on behalf of the team that I stand by. So don't question the character of my teammates because you don't know them and your assumptions and conclusions about them are simply wrong and not based in any knowledge of their characters. I played with most of these guys for a long long time and while I don't know you well enough to be presumptuous enough to comment on your character or heart I would have no problem putting up any of my guys up and saying they have just as much or more heart and character as any of your teammates.

But I do appreciate the thoughts for my family so why don't we just leave it on that pleasant note and I say thanks because I do appreciate it.

WestCoast..What??? Looking forward to our next game with you. I plan to score a goal (and I don't score them often).

Just ignore Westcoast, he got hit by a truck when he was young and lost 50 IQ points. He's technically retarded. As for players coming out to play when they're sick, that's pretty stupid too. Great way to make yourself more sick and spread it around. Just what we need, a whole team getting swine flu. My wife is prego and if someone showed up with the flu I would tell them to go home. If you're sick you should put yourself in quarantine.

cleatsupp

Sep 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Duffy you need another hobby bud. Caps called me and explain me what happened which is fine.Karl's father in law is on hit deathbed and your running your big monkey mouth have some class. On our end it shows a 1-0 win which we don't want anyways. You don't see us complaining? As for your team showing the Div that we are beatable. I'll show you something next time we play you. Don't write cheques your ass can't cash.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Duffy you need another hobby bud. Caps called me and explain me what happened which is fine.Karl's father in law is on hit deathbed and your running your big monkey mouth have some class. On our end it shows a 1-0 win which we don't want anyways. You don't see us complaining? As for your team showing the Div that we are beatable. I'll show you something next time we play you. Don't write cheques your ass can't cash.

The problem is my ass can cash checks all day long. I'm the last to be worried of anything happening to my big monkey mouth. Class is in the eye of the beholder. No one can question my heart as I have not missed a game or practice since I started running my team. But people come up with excuses and need to be questioned. I have plenty of hobbies and tons of friends so this isn't the place for either. I don't like teams that forfeit and being from an independent club it makes it impossible to call up players so we play with what we got. Players say they're sick and injured to excuse their laziness sometimes. Fair enough I am a prick and people hate me, but I understood his problem but his teammates needed to step up and help a guy out. It can't all be on the manager to get players to the games, players need to own up. It's my opinion no ones has to agree with it.

And yes my thoughts are with your family and do hope you score against us and hopefully this puts some fire in your teams bellies because we don't need anymore forfeits.Well you can forfeit against us if you want hahaahahahahaha. Good luck to you man.

WestCoast...What??? doesn't it just make you want you to say it......let's say it together now. West...Coast.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just ignore Westcoast, he got hit by a truck when he was young and lost 50 IQ points. He's technically retarded. As for players coming out to play when they're sick, that's pretty stupid too. Great way to make yourself more sick and spread it around. Just what we need, a whole team getting swine flu. My wife is prego and if someone showed up with the flu I would tell them to go home. If you're sick you should put yourself in quarantine.

Not the tears again, you didn't see robj on here crying after I hit him. Let's not bring that episode up again.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Left on that pleasant note. Hope all gets well.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just in as I leave for our game...9 players out with flue....were still going and its last minute...why ...because I planned way ahead incase we had a problem like this, because we are a 2 team independent club and cannot call anyone up or down(div 2). We play with what we have..
Sorry but Im with WestCoast on this.
I am signed and am dressing to make 11...fat fortyfour and ugly...I am the pilon....God I hope we have 11 so I dont have to do this.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND Titans 3 - SFC Bullets 2

Played alright and got off to a 2 - 0 lead in the first half although our second goal was questionably offside. They started to get dirty, cheat where possible and scored before half by punching in a cross with their forwards hands. 2nd half was more dirty bullets play with a lot of whining to the ref. We scored on a penalty do make it 3-1 and then had a guy sent off with a red card. They scored with 15 to go while we were down a man but we held on to win.

The Bullets are old, whiners who are past their prime. Some guys are good, but most are just hacks and should be playing in Div 3 or Masters.

Knight

Aug 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey WESCOAST
Rob J is still suffering from Headache and hasn't played since. you ran a Goalie and you should have been Red carded and fined. You are fat and lazy, cause all you can do is hurt people. Hopefully you get relegated for the second time!!! What no illegal players this year?

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic and Royals 2-2. Celtic finally score 2 goals and still can't win a game. Good game to play although lots of bitching from Poco, like when we didn't get the ball for them when it went out? Reffing was just a debauchery especially in the last 20. Both goalies knocked it out for goal kicks and I've spent most of Sunday picking dry blood out of one ear and icing the other side of the back of my head. Not sure what happened, head or elbow, didn't see either coming. On to next week, where hopefully we can pick up a W.

Also, where does Poco keep their cooler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0