Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] October 2009 Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove would never bring an Ass like that to one of our games cause my (off white guys) would eat her up and I mean all together right there infront of us all.....Hey theres a movie somewhere in this.
Soccer Moms Gone Wild or something like that.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quick note for Titan4Life,

You guys are legends for having our Halloween game in North Delta moved to noon instead of 7 or 8pm as it was initially!

Thanks Much! :wa:

onlygoals

Nov 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
guildford united vs sfc caps
The manager of the caps has just called and informed us that they will not be showing up to the game due to not having enough players ...We will take the points but to be honest we are little upset with this situation because we rather compete and earn our points. We have 2 big games in the next 2 weeks so we want to keep our fitness up. My team is not to happy about this and I am sure the 2 teams on our tail (acbc and nomads) are not happy with this either. More then 3 hours notice would be nice when you have known all week you won't be able to play, it costs our guys time and money to get off work for games.....

bananaman

Sep 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
any info on the GEU Pumas this year. Apparently they have a new team, which would explain their results because they were terrible last year and should have been in div 3... anyone?

cleatsupp

Sep 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
talked to thomas confirmed that they forfit but man i'm stressed. no soccer on the weekend makes me go nuts even patron doesn't taste the same without soccer

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you have 11 on the field and play the game...You cant ever use the excuse we were missing guys...You had 11 on the field and they are on your team...The biggest part of any team is the bench. It IS the bench where all good things come from. As a Manager/Coach/Guy who runs the team, you know that. You must prepair your team for Injuries,Holidays,Sicknesses,Card troubles,Work, Weddings,Hangovers... Prepairing your 12th and 13th(and so on) players is as important as any other preparation made for your team. If you lose key guys and do not win that is part of the game...As big as it gets infact. Every team has a decent 11....Its after that 11 what makes or breaks all teams.
Its what seperates the good teams from the others.
Ya I know some teams are in clubs and can call players up and move guys around...Well hell ya thats part of the dam game too...
We just played a Premier game and Abby only had 10 guys show up....We had 18. Ya it was ThanksGivin but who cares (4pm not 8pm kickoff)... We called up the 7 we were allowed because we new we would have to..They called up no one...Why ??? I dont know. I guess they were ok with drivin in to get hammered and then say ...well we only had 10. (Actually they never said boo,they took it on the chin) Still its part of the game.
Otherwise we would be playing on paper only. The most important part of the game, is getting to the park and playing.
If you are an Independent club, Like we are,than you better work harder in the office to get the Bench you need. I sign (well just look at my roster on the Website)tons of guys.
Its not fair to sit so many guys some of you say...well I have and they dont mind...or they quit and I dont mind. But thats why my teams are always fighting for a top spot..Simple as that. Big Bench.
Secret in keeping so many guys happy is easy...Play alot of midweek friendlies.
Anyone want a game? I got the field every Wednesday night for 2 hours.
Message me.

Oh we played the Div 1 WhiteCaps tuesday night. 0-0 draw. They are very good. and we look to play them again..they play 2 games a week too. Same reason.
We then played yesterday (back to back days)vs UBC Metros VMSL 6-1 us. they play us all the time too and have now moved up to the top of Div 2 and should get promoted.
They are an independant club too who just started a B team and a u-21 team so they can be a better team.
Croatia VMSL Premier has no system and is desperately trying to get one off the ground because with their top 2 players quitting this year un expectedly, they are in some serious trouble.
Guys my point is ,,Take the time and work with in your club. Get out and check out who the other guys in your club are. Meet the guys playing Highschool ball in your area.Ask guys on the team to always bring new guys out , look ahead and plan ahead. Dont be the guy on hear saying well were missing so many of our guys... And definately dont ever be that loser of all losers, a team who forfits a match on game day.

I posted that a while ago on the div 1 thread when teams were complaining about not haveing all their players...and it applies here too....
I fukcin hate forefitters...SFC Caps are the lowest of the low..How can you not field a team this time of year unless their bus on the way to the game stopped at chucky cheese...I say run the score up on them from now on and send them to div 3 where they belong.
What is the fine for a no show...what ever it is, it should be way more...

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you have 11 on the field and play the game...You cant ever use the excuse we were missing guys...You had 11 on the field and they are on your team...The biggest part of any team is the bench. It IS the bench where all good things come from. As a Manager/Coach/Guy who runs the team, you know that. You must prepair your team for Injuries,Holidays,Sicknesses,Card troubles,Work, Weddings,Hangovers... Prepairing your 12th and 13th(and so on) players is as important as any other preparation made for your team. If you lose key guys and do not win that is part of the game...As big as it gets infact. Every team has a decent 11....Its after that 11 what makes or breaks all teams.
Its what seperates the good teams from the others.
Ya I know some teams are in clubs and can call players up and move guys around...Well hell ya thats part of the dam game too...
We just played a Premier game and Abby only had 10 guys show up....We had 18. Ya it was ThanksGivin but who cares (4pm not 8pm kickoff)... We called up the 7 we were allowed because we new we would have to..They called up no one...Why ??? I dont know. I guess they were ok with drivin in to get hammered and then say ...well we only had 10. (Actually they never said boo,they took it on the chin) Still its part of the game.
Otherwise we would be playing on paper only. The most important part of the game, is getting to the park and playing.
If you are an Independent club, Like we are,than you better work harder in the office to get the Bench you need. I sign (well just look at my roster on the Website)tons of guys.
Its not fair to sit so many guys some of you say...well I have and they dont mind...or they quit and I dont mind. But thats why my teams are always fighting for a top spot..Simple as that. Big Bench.
Secret in keeping so many guys happy is easy...Play alot of midweek friendlies.
Anyone want a game? I got the field every Wednesday night for 2 hours.
Message me.

Oh we played the Div 1 WhiteCaps tuesday night. 0-0 draw. They are very good. and we look to play them again..they play 2 games a week too. Same reason.
We then played yesterday (back to back days)vs UBC Metros VMSL 6-1 us. they play us all the time too and have now moved up to the top of Div 2 and should get promoted.
They are an independant club too who just started a B team and a u-21 team so they can be a better team.
Croatia VMSL Premier has no system and is desperately trying to get one off the ground because with their top 2 players quitting this year un expectedly, they are in some serious trouble.
Guys my point is ,,Take the time and work with in your club. Get out and check out who the other guys in your club are. Meet the guys playing Highschool ball in your area.Ask guys on the team to always bring new guys out , look ahead and plan ahead. Dont be the guy on hear saying well were missing so many of our guys... And definately dont ever be that loser of all losers, a team who forfits a match on game day.

I posted that a while ago on the div 1 thread when teams were complaining about not haveing all their players...and it applies here too....
I fukcin hate forefitters...SFC Caps are the lowest of the low..How can you not field a team this time of year unless their bus on the way to the game stopped at chucky cheese...I say run the score up on them from now on and send them to div 3 where they belong.
What is the fine for a no show...what ever it is, it should be way more...

I am tired now I have to go to bed after reading this novel. I agree with you Ghouse it is the most pathetic thing to forfeit. If you can't get 7 guys(yes that's all you need to field a team.) you don't deserve to be a team or in this league. I would rather show up with 7 guys then forfeit. It's not like it was in Chilliwack or something it was their home park. I am so pissed that we lost to this shite team(yes we were playing players in positions they never play in) and that's their only win. Someone needs to beat Guildford because as we showed they are beatable and I don't think they are Div.1 calibre unless onlygoals starts playing with them.

Forfeiters are shite ass losers that need to quit.

WestCoast...What??? need to continue this streak of getting points.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We play today at 4pm and it's a guys wedding on the team. and half the team is going to the wedding but we'll still play. (those of us who aren't going) and that's in div3 so if we can only call up two U21 players then so be it. and if we have only 8 to 10 players then so be it. but we'll be there.

guildford7

Oct 17, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
. Someone needs to beat Guildford because as we showed they are beatable and I don't think they are Div.1 calibre unless onlygoals starts playing with them.

Forfeiters are shite ass losers that need to quit.

WestCoast...What??? need to continue this streak of getting points.

How did you show that? You lost.

Also, give you team more credit on that night, you were very descent.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did you show that? You lost.

Also, give you team more credit on that night, you were very descent.

We showed it by only losing 2-1. Yes we lost but we aren't a top team. We played well yes but if we had the depth of most teams we could have won. It's good that you guys are doing so well but you will definately have to get that club system off the ground if you want to compete in Div.1, and maybe the merger talks will happen again in the off season.

WestCoast...What??? Caps are garbage.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
We showed it by only losing 2-1. Yes we lost but we aren't a top team. We played well yes but if we had the depth of most teams we could have won. It's good that you guys are doing so well but you will definately have to get that club system off the ground if you want to compete in Div.1, and maybe the merger talks will happen again in the off season.

WestCoast...What??? Caps are garbage.

not necessarily, we did fine in div1 with only one other team in the club and that was the masters which we never pulled anyone from. And we missed players week in week out thru suspension and injuries etc, and yet we almost got promotion but then folded lol

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
not necessarily, we did fine in div1 with only one other team in the club and that was the masters which we never pulled anyone from. And we missed players week in week out thru suspension and injuries etc, and yet we almost got promotion but then folded lol

From what I've seen of my division is it is probably the shittiest in all of Div.2. There are 3 good teams and 7 poo poo teams. The 3 good teams are not Div.1 calibre except maybe ACBC but only because they would be able to feed off there premier team. Guildford and Nomads are good but they are good Div.2 and probably would be near the bottom in Div.1, just like the Coyotes.

Knight

Aug 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
We shouldnt be so quick to judge, they(Caps) were going to play but the manager had a family emergency (not my place to post what) and couldn't get the equipment or paperwork to the players who were going to show up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0