Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Results & Banter - January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter's 1-0 loss to the Royals could put there promotion in our hands last game of the season, as if Royals win out, they finish 2nd :D

unless of course they just ask the league for promotion -right sentinel? westcoast?

Jay#7

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westcoast I thought the ref did a pretty good job, he was stern but fair. As for the yellows for the subs, well that was pretty much mismanaged on the sideline. I didn't even see some of the guys come off, until they strolled up the sideline from coming off at the other side of the field. I remember in youth that it was always sub @ center and wait for your guy to get off the field or at least with a couple yards...Although I may not agree with the yellows, a verbal warning could have sufficed but as IS21 said, I'd rather have a guy make proper calls, keep up with play(especially since no one on your sideline picked up the flag) and have the proper understanding of the rules than some guy just out for the paycheck.

As for the game itself, it was the Matthew show, he kept you guys in the game after so many defensive breakdowns. Titans had more ball poss. and attacking time but was seriously lacking any offensive threat. Westcoast was all about the long ball and trying to counter, but didnt have the speed to really pose any threat. First game back and it showed, a lot of huffing and puffing out there.

Matthew

Jan 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Waaaa. I'd take this guy over almost any ref I've had this year. I'd rather a guy that can keep up with the play and make the right calls, than one that lets me sub from anywhere and is otherwise useless.

Yea true, id rather have this guy then half the refs out there.

Matthew

Jan 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westcoast I thought the ref did a pretty good job, he was stern but fair. As for the yellows for the subs, well that was pretty much mismanaged on the sideline. I didn't even see some of the guys come off, until they strolled up the sideline from coming off at the other side of the field. I remember in youth that it was always sub @ center and wait for your guy to get off the field or at least with a couple yards...Although I may not agree with the yellows, a verbal warning could have sufficed but as IS21 said, I'd rather have a guy make proper calls, keep up with play(especially since no one on your sideline picked up the flag) and have the proper understanding of the rules than some guy just out for the paycheck.

As for the game itself, it was the Matthew show, he kept you guys in the game after so many defensive breakdowns. Titans had more ball poss. and attacking time but was seriously lacking any offensive threat. Westcoast was all about the long ball and trying to counter, but didnt have the speed to really pose any threat. First game back and it showed, a lot of huffing and puffing out there.

i feel special.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ref was okay in the calls he made but doesn't know the league. He needs to tone down the hitler attack and let players play. And as for the subs coming off at center its fine but when it's pouring rain and teams are making constent subs the quicker the better. As long as the ref sees the player leave and the other enter. It made it so we all had to stand around while a guy ran off then wait for the other to run in.

I want consistency. If these were league wide practices I would have no problem. It would be nice it followed by all. Also the play was already slow as it was we didn't need some dictator slowing it down anymore. And I would take some other refs over this guy any day. Just not whistleblower.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I want consistency. If these were league wide practices I would have no problem. It would be nice it followed by all. Also the play was already slow as it was we didn't need some dictator slowing it down anymore. And I would take some other refs over this guy any day. Just not whistleblower.

Everyone does. And they should be league wide practices, I'm pretty sure the FIFA LOTG apply to all footy, its just that some ref's don't employ them. We shouldn't be bitching because we have a ref that does things properly, we should be happy and hope that all ref's follow to apply the rules.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
What it really goes to show is the officials have never been tested and told what the norm in the BCSA is. It verys from league to league and ref to ref....And that is the problem...Not this one new ref who I found great. But our system. This just goes to show that NONE of the REFs are being evaluated. They just get a call show up do thir thing get paid and what ever they write in the report stands no matter what.
Its something we must have the league work on...I brought it up at the last AGM and no one would second or back anything up...So if you want change then lets do something about it. Or we can complain forever. I personally fill outthe refs report after every game for both my teams good or bad...I know for a fact that I am one of less than a handfull that do it for everygame. So that right there shows you and the league that no one really cares. Change will not happen unless you ALL do something about it.
Take the time to fill the ref reports every game..EVERY game.
Then at the AGM stand up and be heard.

Every week someone is bitching about the Officials. I say shut the fcuk up unless you want to do something about it.
I will stand with you. I want to do something to better our league. We need more quality officials. We need new younger officials to train. We need to pay them more and treat them better...But they need to be held accountable.
Its all doable,

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
What it really goes to show is the officials have never been tested and told what the norm in the BCSA is. It verys from league to league and ref to ref....And that is the problem...Not this one new ref who I found great. But our system. This just goes to show that NONE of the REFs are being evaluated. They just get a call show up do thir thing get paid and what ever they write in the report stands no matter what.
Its something we must have the league work on...I brought it up at the last AGM and no one would second or back anything up...So if you want change then lets do something about it. Or we can complain forever. I personally fill outthe refs report after every game for both my teams good or bad...I know for a fact that I am one of less than a handfull that do it for everygame. So that right there shows you and the league that no one really cares. Change will not happen unless you ALL do something about it.
Take the time to fill the ref reports every game..EVERY game.
Then at the AGM stand up and be heard.

Every week someone is bitching about the Officials. I say shut the fcuk up unless you want to do something about it.
I will stand with you. I want to do something to better our league. We need more quality officials. We need new younger officials to train. We need to pay them more and treat them better...But they need to be held accountable.
Its all doable,

I will be filling them out for now on. And could be counted on at the AGM for any speaking up.

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

i waited for the guy to come off, looked at the ref and he gave the nod for me to come on, i come on and get carded. this guy was all ego, as for the game it was brutal... we couldn't even string two passes together... yet very easily could have got the win if it wasn't for a great save off of a header by their keeper.
and not everyone was huffing and puffing out there

thedefender

Sep 22, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter's 1-0 loss to the Royals could put there promotion in our hands last game of the season, as if Royals win out, they finish 2nd :D

unless of course they just ask the league for promotion -right sentinel? westcoast?

This is true, but we will not be asking for any promotion unless we earn it, and even if we do earn it I personnally don't think are team is ready for it as is.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tell me guys is Max the Rusian machine playing for ACBC second team in div two.
They look strong in div two B. Cup time is around the corner just want to know who the main dogs are. Do they have a small guy from Elsavador in the back that can jump high.
Who plays in net for them?

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tell me guys is Max the Rusian machine playing for ACBC second team in div two.
They look strong in div two B. Cup time is around the corner just want to know who the main dogs are. Do they have a small guy from Elsavador in the back that can jump high.
Who plays in net for them?

Max doesn't play very much. The small guy from elsavador quit soccer, and they have this Hugo guy in net. He is very sound. Should help them do well in the cup this year. Their "main dogs" are their 2 centre backs, all their midfielders, and they have a lot of options to choose from upfront. They are all full of speed. I think this team might be better than the team we had last year when we won the cup.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Max doesn't play very much. The small guy from elsavador quit soccer, and they have this Hugo guy in net. He is very sound. Should help them do well in the cup this year. Their "main dogs" are their 2 centre backs, all their midfielders, and they have a lot of options to choose from upfront. They are all full of speed. I think this team might be better than the team we had last year when we won the cup.

Remember that time I scored going through your center backs and left you standing frozen on the spot in shock as I tied the game up;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0