Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT [FVSL Cat] Results and Banter - October '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice write-up, but the sprint to the finish shout is a bit early. We won't have an idea as to who will contend for top of the table until at least 1/2.

Good game yesterday, BTW. Some of the best officiating we've seen in two seasons as well. First time I've seen this guy, but he commanded respect, but was also respectful in a quiet conversation I had w/ him about your midfielder playing Spiderman, and me being the wall. Can't recall one bad call or missed critical call. Where were you on the park, Cryuff?

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
yeup #9

If you guys win this weekend you keep it tight... If you lose... this is a major game as far as teams getting on a roll go. It may be early, but looking at who has played who so far this is big for you guys... and us to be honest. If you win and we can match this weekend... then we have the chance to steal a victory on the road and move past North Delta. Really it puts us all in better position to make a move come mid season when we all meet a second time. We all benifit from teams beating the Lions so if they keep their lil run going then we may be fighting for second place...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't get me wrong...we play to win every game, and personally am very pissed when we don't. I don't take losing well. But I also know that over 20 games w/ 3 points / win, the table can change drastically week-to-week. Patience, young Skywalker.

Where were you on the park, Cryuff?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Apparently I don't have a real name...

You do, just nobody cares what it is.
I had a wife joke lined up but i'll hold off on it. It's so last week.

Cryuff, your spoiling the whole fun of TTP by asking who everyone is or where they play. Most of the fun here is getting and receiving pleasure from Regs.........i mean getting and receiving pisstakes from people you don't know. Although that has been missed by a few people (maybe even me a few times).
You can usually figure out who everyone is by there posts anyways.

Don't know everyone elses thoughts but isn't it more fun when you don't know who everyone is? I think sometimes you hold back when you finally meet people and put a face to the username.
I know i did when i first met Notty.
:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Negative- that's Colin.

At any point we're either going to be accused of being pillow bitters, or told to take it to PM's. So I'm signing off on the conversation.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was being a little too honest...you asked me if it was a good time, I said no. Anyhow, you know me pretty well by now...I'm not a nice guy to be around when we're losing or have just lost. :mad:

Thanks for buying the tix, BTW. :D

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
I was being a little too honest
Thanks for buying the tix, BTW. :D

No worries. I cannot wait to win your beer.

I assume all your good friends and opponents in CAT are stepping up and buying your beer tickets as well??? HINT HINT.... When do you play GEU?

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh... didn't mean to ruin anyones fun... besides even if you told me a detailed description I wouldn't be able to identify you on the field... I just remembered this guy with a huge bandage lol. wondered why the hell he was goin up for headers with a broken nose.

I agree with the comments about the ref. THAT's how you do it boys...

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
so when does the MOTW get going? and are we all allowed to make predictions? or do you have to be in the pool?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sub...trying. I did manage to get a few tix sales out of the Poco boys, although they were a bit bitter at buying any because a certain midfielder with great hair, wearing #8, scored a pretty little game winner with about 2 minutes to go against them. ;)

On Colin and his busted beak...yeah, the guy in a warrior, for sure. I was already very impressed with how far this guy has come over the past year, but to play like he did (winning most of the headers) with a broken nose got him huge props in my books. He had a great game, with the exception of not actually scoring. :)

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who, if anybody, keeps tabs on which players are in the hunt for the golden boot? Is anyobe keeping track of how many clean sheets each goalie have? Do we have a stats page?

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately Nobody. Last season I tried to keep tabs on Goal scorers on behalf of all Langley teams however few coaches bothered to keep me updated.

The only stats you will find are at fraservalleysoccer.com and they include Wins, losses, ties, Goals for and against. The rest is up too you...

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jesus Cryuff, we should all stand back and hand you the title. Do you realise what week number we are in, my god if we all do not win this weekend...you can finish the rest. Thats right we are all finished !!

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
yea, week six... maybe if you paid attention you'd have a shot too :)

I SAID it's a close race and that this weekend could end up being a big weekend for all involved.. a turning point... we are a third way through now. wake up or you'll end up getting left behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0