Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT [FVSL Cat] Results and Banter - October '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

discman

Sep 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley Rangers 3 GN Sport 1
Whalley definately the better team out there today. Take nothing away from GN they never gave up but the Rangers wanted this game more. Frustration levels a bit high with some of the players on both sides but all in all the Rangers deserved the win. Poco comes to Whalley next week...

lilhank

Feb 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley 3 GN 1
Had the misfortune to take in GN's second goal of the year today at Erma Stephenson. Hit a bald guy in the belly and bounced in. GN generally outplayed, if Whalley couldn't have made good on more chances they probably would have won by a touchdown. Highlight of the match was the GN keeper showing one of the Whalley forwards how to throw a right cross. Other than that seemed like Whalley was missing something in the middle. Just can't put my finger on it though. :rolleyes:

discman said:
Poco comes to Whalley next week...

Sounds like it could be a good match. I hear Mr. Weiner may make an appearance. :p

-lilhank

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eating some ****ing turkey! Don't get your panties in a bunch just cuz you got 35min today.
:rolleyes:

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda, sumed up the game quite well. I will pose the question once again, how are teams going to last the entire season relying on their prem players with suspensions, double headers, injuries etc... Good game all in all fair no bs G.E.U did loose there legs in the second half which alowed our young kids space to move. Cheers G.E.U

P.S no chirping throughout the game Allan Mac left at half !!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's true he did say he was leaving at half. He might as well of left anyways, i had him shut down anyways.
:D

Belfast,
we are waiting for 5 college players to return after their season is over so we are sticking it out until then.
Obviously we hope to win as many as we can with what we have but it's tough on us old guys.

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda, the comment was not addressed to just your team, there are alot of teams this year in the C.A.T system that are relying heavily on there prem players. I just think this is the wrong approach and teams are going to suffer especially when teams have to be finalized for cup play. Anyways just my two cents. Cheers

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
lilhank said:
Whalley 3 GN 1
Highlight of the match was the GN keeper showing one of the Whalley forwards how to throw a right cross.

-lilhank

Well, that was a little frustration coming out, the keeper has let in 15 goals, the team isn't the greatest so though they weren't all his fault. But atleast your forward took it like a man :D

I thought the highlight of the game was when your sideline was screaming the score, 3-1. You do realize when we score a goal, that is a win for us :eek:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cryuff said:
ANOTHER road win for the Rapids...

Chilli 1-0 Langley

Chilliwack looks much improved over their past seasons in Cat.

Langley needed to shoot, with several opportunities in the 18 yard box and even into the 6 where players CARRIED the ball in an attempted "Serge Savard" like move.
I missed the 1st half so cannot comment much. Chilliwacks goal was a nice shot, Far Post over the keepers head.

The Tackle with 10 to go was horrible. Bad tackle to start and then a cheap knee to the guys back as he was getting up. Zero Class. He might be lucky because I believe the ref was on the opposite side of the kneeing incident.

Dude, you low on numbers? Why all the Premier, or X-Premier players?

Anyhow...nice to see some old friends on the Langley Cat side...

lilhank

Feb 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
So good you had to post it twice? Where's the fcuking moderator?
Obviously didn't mean to post it twice. This electronic do-dad is a lot different than the typewriter which I am accustomed to. But ya it is and was that good! :cool:

lilhank

Feb 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kokanee said:
Well, that was a little frustration coming out, the keeper has let in 15 goals, the team isn't the greatest so though they weren't all his fault. But atleast your forward took it like a man :D

I thought the highlight of the game was when your sideline was screaming the score, 3-1. You do realize when we score a goal, that is a win for us :eek:
A little punch from behind for a little frustration. Fair enough. I guess the whole Bertuzzi thing didn't teach us anything. No harm done though talked to the player on the receiving end of the cheapshot, said there wasn't much weight behind it. Should have been given a red I think but I'm not quite sure what the call should be when one player punches another. Anybody know?

About the sideline screaming, it was the only excitement of the game so could you blame us? I think you guys could do lot better if you played the ball on the ground more. It's not like you didn't have any chances on that elusive third goal of the year. If you did get the third I would have enjoyed the party after! :rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belfast,
I understood that, i was just giving our teams situation on that matter. We have tried to make a concerted effort to not let players signed to the premier team play for cat as it has hurt us in the past. Cascadesoccer played a game for us last year and did some serious ligament damage and is still not playing yet. Also had 2 guys come down and play for us 2 weeks ago and re-aggrevated injuries. Both were CAT players last year and maybe feel some connection with our team. I mean we are more fun to play with for starters. :)

Though i'm not complaining as it means i get the call more often.
From the premier teams point of view, letting players come down really is taking a chance.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll have the Match Of The Week poll up in the next day or two. See if we can't get a few more votes from some people outside of the CAT division.

Maybe this week we can hit double digits in voters!!!
:rolleyes:

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier Players in CAT

For us in North Delta it's been a little tough to put together a full cat team, so we are slowly signing players to try to make a full two team system. We try to play the players that don't get in to the premier games and the young guys in the CAT game so they can still get a game a weekend. Also the premier guys that aren't in game shape yet can get a few extra minutes a weekend, and that are coming back from injuries can work back up to the premier team.

PS-ND Lions 4-1 over SU

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd like to say Langley, but we need to get our goal scorring sorted out. On a competitive basis, we'll be fine, but nobody likes a scoreless or 1-1 game.

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Chilliwack has moved into a tie for second place with a record almost identical to DMU's. With most of the "tough teams" already played... (Whalley, Langley and DMU), and a road game against the lions in two weeks a spot atop the tables is within reach. If an obviously hungry LUFC can be the first to stop the Lions undefeated run and climb the tables themselves, this could come down to a stretch run for all invloved! This season is shaping up for a sprint to the finish. Most teams have to be looking forward to this weekend with optimism thinking that they all have the upper hand, or at least a shot at the title. With Whalley looking to batter and bruise their way to a victory over Poco, DMU looking to extend their god run over PAU and Chilliwack looking for their first home win of the season against a GN Sporting club who are bringing up the rear of the standings, Langley will look to avenge being blanked last week at home with a lot to prove against a Lions team that may have difficulty getting up for this important match after cruising through their first five tests.

Big games for all involved as a spot at the top looks to be within reach but a loss this weekend could signal an early end to hopes of winning this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0