Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Field Closures & Cancelled Games

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
POCO?

Does anyone know if port moody turf is still open or even the contact number to find out if the game will be on this evening.

Cheers
JB

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pt. Moody Open

JB, I believe the turf field is always open unless covered in snow... don't quote me on this but that is usually the case... You could contact Metro Ford, they should know before their match...if anyone has more info please advise...
Cheers, Guinness;)

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness

Cheers Guinness,

i figured as much with it being a turf pitch and all but i was really concerned with the snow, because i was e-mailing someone who told me that there is snow on the ground in burnaby and that usually means port moody will be just as bad.

Cheers
JB

jbwaitingtoseeifheplaystonight?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Snow Here, But Could Get Cold

The snow did'nt stick here and it has cleared up, so the turf should be open in Port Mody.

If it does get cold enough to freeze, then they may close the turf, but it should be a go.

Does anyone know if the fields in Richmond are open, specificaly McNair, where we play Indo, in the Canadians Darby.

HOS

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver kaput.

All grass fields in Vancouver are closed. The excellent site is also updated.

that is all.

max

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mcnair is open for the weekend.........

Minoru is open but not tonight?????????

More to come shortly!

John

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game on

Cloverdale Athletic was just inspected and was said to be in good shape. So baring a snow fall or a huge amount of rain tonight Knvb gets to kick the crap out of slappy tomorrow.

2:00 kick off.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
snow, snow, snow

Just checked the excellent site, and in Premier, all games have been postponed except for the Trollups/Croats game for tomorrow.

KNVB walks for another day :rolleyes:

~TB.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard tonight

Looks like the Pork chops are safe for one more week. Sounds like Cloverdale Athletic is closed.

KNVBneedsomegametimebad.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Think of the all the time you waste playing soccer on a Sunday or Saturday. If you used that time to improve your arrows, you will be number one in no time.

Executioner

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
only 4-5 games in the whole league

According to the excellent site, almost the whole league has been postponed for the weekend.

Luckily, Peg was not cancelled and our game on the Burnaby turf was switched to an hour after the Superbowl kickoff :rolleyes:

Frickin' Capitals apparently were missing too many boneheads to play on Saturday so they made the switch. The real reason though I think is that Cocco won't be able to play on Sunday.

Lucky for him...

~TB.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby Turf

We're supposed to play there on Saturday and the league hasn't cancelled the game. I'm just down the road from the pitches and there's still a shitload of snow out there. Is there a number to call to find out whether these pitches are open?

I'll probably swing down there at lunch to check again, but I can't see it happening (at least in the next 24 hours). It sure would be nice to be able to make plans for the weekend.:confused:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby Parks Number

Kurgan: The number is 294-7984 for grass fields and it says zip about the turf today, only refers to the closing of all grass parks in Burnaby.

But you could call Elisa at Parks at 294-7459 and get her to give you an update or another number to call. She is very friendly.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brunaby turf closed for the weekend

The direct line for the Burnaby West Complex is 604-294-6047.

The message says "the facility will be closed all weekend due to snow cover on the fields".

PS. Thanks Reccos!!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is Brunaby in Edmonton Kurgs?:confused:

ALL Richmond fields are closed as well

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Flying Cnuts Frazzled

If Robert and his team were to have a game on Super Sunday they would be so frazzled, that they would fall asleep during the match, like they did vs. the Croats.

Should we play pretty or should we kick it in the corner and defend?

That would be the question asked, but the coach would be at the Pub watching the football game.

A good day to have the next game would be St. Patie's day when the boys will have their minds on little green men and large frosty pints.

HOSwillwearalittlegreenjersey:p

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0