Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2, 2002-03 Weekly Predictions & Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
re Cmen and Knights crap

Like the man said , the result should stand. The fact that the ref doesn’t know the rules is not unusual, especially in 2nd div. He called pure shite the whole game. The only redeeming factor was that he called the shite both ways. As for the controversy, the Knights had the opportunity to protest many times, with our team even bringing up the fact several times, yet they chose not to probably thinking they would beat us. They even had the league fax regarding the format at the pitch(ours was at home), so to protest at the end of the match AFTER they lose is shameful weakass loser behaviour befitting two particular members of the Lites. The majority of the Lites play hard and deserve our respect other than these two complete wankers.Say what you want about the Cmen but the Westside Lites are the shame of Westside.TAKE THE LOSS LIKE MEN!!(or something)

GOO!!!

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not all refs are created equal; some refs actually have knowledge of the rules.

I have been psyching myself up for weeks anticipating an NK-PG Rangers reunion, especially since I found that a fellow Croat plays on PG R. But now that WU Bulgaria has foiled our plans and my preparations I will have to exact revenge on the eastern Slavs instead, and avenge my countryman's defeat.

:D

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
In respect to bad refereeing in Division 2.

It's totally a crapshoot in what you're gonna get from week to week. When we played CA both times we had good refs who could keep up to play and was able to control the game and let both sides have cracking games each time. Our cup game on Sunday the ref showed up 5 minutes after play was supposed to start and that was as close to the play as he was all game. He was making some great offsides calls from 70 yards away and on 3 different penalty appeals said and I quote " You guys aren't getting a cheap call from me today. Your gonna have to win it on your own." I can understand not giving the penalties seeing in our utter domination of the play but saying that. It sorta inflamed tempers on our sideline.( mine anyway, although that might have been the bottle of Bailey's in my coffee.) But I don't understand on how come the gap in quality of officiating is so big. I played in the FVSL for 9 years before this and they had some rank referees but they either got better or were weeded out. I hope as the cup goes on especially they put some of there better refs in charge of game sas they get more important , it would also be nice to see linesmen at the quarterfinal stage.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
C-men vs Knights dilemna.

If you weren't protesting before the 2nd overtime game starts tough s**t. Kudos to the C-men for arguing the decision to go to another OT and double kudos for winning the damn thing. The league should let the result stand. They cannot simply meet and go to a shootout as who was on the pitch or even at the game all comes into effect. I ca't believe the league is that dumb, although maybe they are. The gentlemenly and honorable thing for the Knights to do would be to withdraw from whatever the league tries to impose if it's not a C-men win. They had their chance and blew it.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game 22: Sikh Temple Knights-3 vs Optima FC-2 (possible ABD)
:D

As for the Knights/C-Men fiasco, I understand that apparently both teams protested a second set of OT's after the first 30.

What's a "Westside Lite"?

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions

Cup Final

CA vs. Blaze

Can't wait for the rematch....we had two fairly close games. We should have won the first one but missed a PK in the 90th minute for the win. The second game we were outplayed but were leading with 12 minutes left with 3 key starters out of the lineup.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cmen are through

I just checked the excellent site and it says WV are playing the Cmen this weekend. It also has the score of Cmen 2-Knights 1 from last week, so I guess the protest never happened. Or maybe it did and it was shot down. Either way, the right decision was made. Good luck Cmen, you guys should move on to the next round as well.

Go Cougs

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finals

I would go watch that one for sure ... but first CA have to go through us (Primos) ... and who knows what can happen :D

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
predictions

I agree with Vinnie for the most part except

Game 22: Sikh Temple Knights-1 vs Optima FC- 2

Game 24: Champlain Heights 1 vs Surrey United 'C'- 3

Game 26: Cmen 2 vs West Van Royals -1

Game 29: Bombastic FC 'A'-1 vs Alemania FC-2

Game 34: Richmond Cougars-2 vs North Shore Falcons-1

Hopefully we can continue our cup run and meet NK next weekend.

Go Cougs

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Either way, the right decision was made.
Care to elaborate? How do you feel it's the right decision? According to the rules, a deciding goal was never scored in the allotted time, ie, in 120 minutes of play.

You can't just go making up rules as you see fit, irregardless of what the two teams involved did or did not agree to.

What if the eventual loser was running outta steam but did all they could to hang on and take their chances in PKs? And then when they did, the ref turns around and says 30 more?

Under what has been reported on TTP, I cannot see how the league could rule this result to stand :rolleyes:

~Regs.

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Regs.
Absolutely ridiculous that the league gets itself in a situation like this. They should be embarrassed, but probably not because they're idiots. IMHO
The only way to do it is to replay and/or go striaght to PKs. Can it be fair any other way?
Regs, Is that Fil (saying goodbye to his girl) on the Rikers barge?

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have no problem with the decision that puts the C-Men through.
But, I would rather see the teams replay the game as opposed to just having PKs. If the game was replayed then the league should pay for the refs.

One question is why both teams decided to play and not protest the ref's decision. If both teams walked off the field then there would have to be a review and possibly a replay. But both teams decided to play on and the decision should stand.

The bigger question is why don't all the ref's have a copy of all the rules and regulations with them. We, the teams, have to come to the game prepared. We must have the nets up, cards ready, fields lined, etc. So, why do refs just show up, say I'm the boss and whatever I say goes, regardless of the VMSL rules and regs. In a sense we are payng these guys. I see no problem with a ref refering to regs (not the one that runs this site) if there is a dispute. Of course, the team diputing a decision with have to presents themselves in a cordial manner, not the whinning we too often hear on the pitch.

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One question is why both teams decided to play and not protest the ref's decision. If both teams walked off the field then there would have to be a review and possibly a replay.

And a likely chance that the league fine them for their abandoment of the game. :rolleyes:

I would've agreed to either a replay or a pk solution. Anyone in div 2 knows that 35 year olds aren't good for anymore than 120 minutes.

...that being said, I did predict we knights wouldn't go far.:D

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Round Two Predictions

WFC Rangers
Cliff Avenue United :D

North Shore Primos :D
Hagar's 'B'

Nomads
City FC Rangers 'A' :D

Sikh Temple Knights :D
United Nationals

North Shore JB's :knvb:
Maplewood United

Champlain Heights
Surrey United 'C' :D

Bosna SC :D
Westside Rino 'C'

Westside C-men :D
West Van Royals

Lobbans 'B'
City FC Blaze 'A' :D

City FC Rangers 'B'
Elephant Walk 'A' :D

Bombastic FC 'A'
Alemania FC :D

Bombastic FC 'B'
PwC Rangers :D

Firefighters C-lect
WU Polska :D

Signmaster FC :D
Eleph W. Socceroos

WU Bulgaria
NK Hrvat :D

Richmond Cougars
North Shore Falcons :D

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pred's

Richmond and West Van are two tough ones. The unpredictablity of the Falcons is a factor as well as West Van's ability to play 90minutes of footie.

Falcon's are coming off a big win and WestVan have sat for a week. Both matches are a toss up. So is your game....as far as how many balls hit the back of the oppostions net. ;)

fingers

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
the league is so adament about seeing a true cinderella story that they are letting us back in. look out. we've just been conserving energy. i hate these fcuking :wa: 's

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliff Ave 4 WFC Rangers 1

4-0 at half and then we went into a bit of a coma in the second. Props to the Rangers for playing hard all game and not giving up.
On a seperate note, the Rangers are in first place in CAT A, but I think they would be about 6th or 7th in our division.
Anxiously awaiting Sunday scores...on to the Sweet Sixteen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0