Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2, 2002-03 Weekly Predictions & Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bookies Alert-RCougars vs NK

The VMSL discipline board is going to add some drama to the NK - Richmond game

Two suspensions, one of which includes a "Taj". Is that you TSenghera? How do like your teams odds with you not able to compete?

-VMSLis20BonesRicherCourtesyOfTheCougs-

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions

You're right Bonefish, I've been suspended for this weekend's game. I guess I've accumulated three yellows this season, altough I'm sure I've gotten at least 4, so don't know why I wasn't made to sit out an earlier (meaningless) game instead of this one. I'm CHOKED. I really wanted to play this weekend. I would like to think I'm a big part of my team's recent success, but I'm confident we'll do okay without me. As long as our D is solid, we can create enough chances to be dangerous. Our sweeper has been away for a couple weeks, so it will be nice to get him back, as well as one of our key strikers. I still have all the confidence in the world in the Cougs, I hope we can get the W this weekend, so I can play again in the Cup.
Best of luck to all Div 2c teams, I still think it could be an all div ec semifinal (CA, JBs, City, RCFC).

Go Cougs.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 2c semi-final? Ain't gonna happen.

Watcher, where are you? I believe you have some posts to respond too.:p

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
While checking out the excellent site I found this interesting ban.

The league obviously likes these guys. Rumour has it they are going to be in big trouble for last weekend's nonsense.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excellent Site's discipline page is lacking

Whoever is responsible for this page, it may be a bit of a stretch, should learn how to use fcuking excel or any other program that can sort. All I am asking for is perhaps a sort by division and by date. It would make the page so much easier to make sense of. What is up with the 1-3 game suspensions dating back to last year? I would think that the games comprising the penalty would have elapsed or is their inclusion representative of fines not paid?

YoMammy-NK et all,

Don't you wish you were back in 2C getting B-Slapped like the old days? All the trash talk and the derailments and then more trash talk was so enjoyable. Iron-Mike, and Vrater with his blue silk keepers jersey...it almost brings a tear to my when I think of the missed opportunities of putting together 5+goal wins against the "Ride for Free" Train.

I wish you the best of luck this weekend but I think that the Cougars will pounce and take you down with a fierce bite to the neck. It is cup play, however, and anything goes. PK's, blowouts and sometimes....sometimes, the stars are aligned and the tracks are all properly switched and NK"The Little Train That Couldn't" will climb and climb climb up into the sky...

-JimBeamknowsaboutCupBlowoutsAfterBeingBombedByBingersLastYear-

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Elephant Walk in an upset

I am shocked you guys are overlooking elephant walk in their matchup with City FC. This is the same elephant walk team that beat city 2-bagel and 2-1 during the reg season.

They are to be rekoned with and nobody knows it more than city.

I smell upset, but not really an upset.

Its also tragic to see that the four best teams in DIV 2 cup are playing each other this weekend instead of weeding out the weaker seeds first.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Yomama!
Watcher, where are you? I believe you have some posts to respond too.:p

I believe the Watcher is sitting at his, infamous, office desk trying to come up with a sceme to convince me to join NK Hrvat for the remainder of the Cup run...:p

NK over the Cougars 5-0. Watcher with 3 assists all created with a back heel.

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Elephant Walk in an upset
Nothing against The Walk but the Blaze will win this one. The only thing that will stop them is if their field is under water again.
Hard to beat a good team 3 times, and Walk will find this out this weekend.

EWalks

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
EW vs City Blaze

You are correct Cliffhanger.

It will be tough to beat the Blazers 3 times in a row, especially since I've heard rumors that they have made some late season acquisitions and shored up their D.

However we are determined and we are not going to just show up and throw in the towel.

This game will be a war and maybe the game that will define EW soccer.

The Blazers are young, quick and filled with a ton of talent but we have experience, we are organized and defend well.

It’s just a shame that we have to play each other in the round of 16.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
EW vs. Blaze

I really hope our field isn't under water for this weekend but it's a possibility.

As for the outcome of the game if it's played I agree it will be a battle. I never played in the first game when we lost 2-0. I played in the second game and would have to say we dominated the play.....you're keeper made about 30 stops in the second half....I don't even think EW had a shot on net.

EW plays a defensive / counter attack game.....you must have lined up 5 or 6 guys in the back and just booted it up to your forward last time we played. Your center stiker is extremely talented if we stop him then we stop EW.

We have lost 3 starting players from the beginning of the year and yes we have made some late season signings....

Looking forward to a great matchup and a Blaze victory...3-1

EWalks

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
EW vs. Blaze

We did what any team who gets a 2 goal lead against a talented opponent would do and that’s play defensively and counter.

Also when we won 2-0 on our first meeting we were down 2 men for 20 minutes of the second half, so we were forced to play behind the ball.

This will be a tight battle and to close to predict.

Also what position were you playing during the second game?

P

PREMIUM BLAZE REP.

DIV 2 CUP WINNERS

First of all , I would like to say there's to many shitty soccer players with too much time on their hands on this site and in this division. Second of all, anyone who has played at any high level of soccer knows (and I know most of you don't apply) the best pool in div.2 is "C", and the two best teams are the City F.C. Blaze and Cliff Avenue. Third of all, my prediction for the this division 2 cup is as follows, winners Blaze, losers everyone else! Not to take anything away from CA there a good squad but will agree lucky both times they played us. Anyways thats my prediction and i am sure all the marks will post and reply there BS two cents, but thats to be expected escpecially when they can't do anything else!

EWalks

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
This weeks predictions

Cliff Ave :)
Primo's
This game should be the semifinal (great cup draw) it will be close game.

City FC Rangers
Sikh Temple :)

JB's :)
Surrey United 'C'

Westside Reno 'C'
West Van Royals :)

Alemania
PwC Rangers :)

Firefighters 'C'
Signmaster :)

NK Hrvat
Cougars :)
Last stop for the NK Train Div.2 C nuff said.

EWalk
Blaze
Should be the other semifinal, it’s gonna be a hard fought battle.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
For every guy out there who thinks NK will be dismantled by the Cougs, give your head a shake. That rattling sound you hear is your peanut brain bouncing around in your head.

What's up with the Div. 2c love fest? I can't speak for anyone else but I can care less if my division is represented or not. All that matters is how far NK goes. Fcuk anyone else. It's a defeatist attitude and a total lack of confidence everytime I hear some moron tout the final as a couple of div 2c teams, as if that's suppose to make a div 2c team that lost in an earlier round feel good about themselves.

And quit whining about the seedings (or lack thereof). The bottom line: to be the best you have to beat the best, whether it happens in the first round or the finals.

Although Premium Blaze Rep. is blowing a lot of smoke up his ass, I nonetheless enjoyed his rant which was both inspiring and inciting. We need more banter along those lines. Congrats Premium Blaze Rep. for being the first player in Div 2c NOT to grab his ankles for Cliff Ave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0