Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2, 2002-03 Weekly Predictions & Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB's vs RC

Now Dapoytato,

I know the ref kept his whistle in his pocket a few too many times, but you did add a little salt and pepper to your falls on a couple of occasions. I likened the one down at the corner of the 18 to either you diving onto a nice little blond babe with a muff of gold, or a belly flop off the 3m springboard ;) ....Sorry about that, but I am littler bitter cause I was parked back post and thought you could have stayed up to put the cross in....

It was not a bad game, not enough space as tsenghra found out when he tried to inspect our cooler midgame. I think that RC carried a bit more of the play in the latter part of the first half but this did not lead to a advantage in terms of shots on goal.

Both teams had breakaways. The RC player passed it to our keep, and on my breakaway my dream-like dribbling skills left me with not enough of an angle to put it by the RC keep who made a great outstretched-arms save.

With RC up by 1 with about 15 left on the clock they decided to sit on 1 goal and it cost them. JB's put the pressure on with hard running and knifing runs down the sides. JB's tied up the game with a brilliant cross, header to the crossbar, rebound taken top shelf by HeyJude...

-BonefishLookingForSomeDribblingLessons-

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Bonefish for an accurate account of the game. I forgot about the Academy Award-winning performances near our 18 yard box. Classic.
You're right, I was trying to get near the famed JBs cooler, it's always mentioned by you guys on these threads. I think I tripped over it though and landed on my shoulder and head, better luck next time, I hope.
Potatohead, I hope you're not too offended by my account of the game. That's how I saw things, it's my opinion, that's all. Maybe I should trust your view in the second half, seeing as it came from the sidelines. I do remember 2 occasions where our player committed a foul after he was beaten, but to say that it happened all the time is ludicrous. Your team was guilty of similar fouls, but it's all part of the game, no hard feelings.
Best of luck in the cup, I saw your team's draw, looks pretty good.

Go Cougs.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I Hibs

Hey Capt., how did Hibs do in that exhibition game against Richmond FF? I just left Minoru when the game was about to start.

Go Cougs.

PS- bold prediction, captain. Seeing as I have no idea how to gauge the results of Div 2cat, I have no idea what the level of your team is.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe I should trust your view in the second half, seeing as it came from the sidelines

I am trying to decide if this was an intentional piss-take or not. If so, well done. Bastard. No offense taken Tsengehera. I am an intense individual (as is probably obvious) but I try not to hold grudges. I should say that you're lucky you didn't go unconscious when you hit the bleachers as Bonefish was looking forward to performing mouth-to-mouth:) (That's what you get for being treasonous bonefish. 3 metre springboard indeed:mad: ) Good luck.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mouth to Mouth

Sorry Dapotayto,

My Mouth to Mouth services are only available when attending Women's matches and even then it is difficult given the cruel hand dealt to some of those, "I can't hardly call them babes". As for you girlfriend, I provide a premium 24-7 by 10inches service. :D
Engarde my brotha.

Looking forward to Hammering some Div 2B fodder in Cup Play.

-BonesBeamAndHarmony-

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metric System

Bonefish.....now that we operate under the metric system, don't you mean 10cm????

Spud, were you gooning it up again on the weekend?? Making up for me in my absense I hope. A draw sounded like a fair result. Hopefully we'll meet again in the cup!!

If Captain has anything to do with Hibs, I suspect they'll be decent competition for the Cougs in the first round!!

Looking to continue my goal scoring streak vs Cdn Ismaili...at least they didn't draw Cliff Ave in the first round!!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gooning it up? Me? Mickster, just because the player whose style I like best is Alan Smith of Leeds doesn't mean I like to goon it up. Hunh, you know I was sitting around the other day kinda bored and all so I says to my buddy, I says "Hey man, you up for going down to Griffin Park and kickin' the ball around?"

Spud's buddy: "Ya sure, but I get to be Smithy!"
Spud: "Feck you, ahm Smithy!"
Spud's buddy (voices getting louder now): "No, I'm Smithy!! "
Spud: "Nooo, I'm Smithy "
Spud's buddy: "NOOOOOOOOOOO, I...AM...SMITHY! "
Spud: "NOOOOOO, YOU FCUKING PRICK, I..........AM.........SMITHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

With the North Vancouver noise bylaws now broken, neighbors on the phone to the cops and fist fight about to ensue, the kickaround is called off.

Mick, instead of a goal scoring streak you might consider a practice attending streak. Fcuker:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A brief interlude...

Sorry to interupt...

Less than 48 hours to enter the TTP Division 2 Cup Pool!

Click the link in my signature below...

Carry on,

~Regs.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cleaned Out

What can I say, I guess I'm just so popular :D

Hope all you div 2ers are going to enter the Cup Pool. Not only do I enjoy kicking your butts on the field but I'm sure I'd also enjoy kicking them off the field too. 3 of my 4 semi-finalists are from div 2C with Beam over CA in a shocker as the Mickster nets his first ever hat-trick!!!!:D

Bring it on !!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knvb, I would have but you see Mickster is Scottish. His mind wanders between three subjects and three subjects only. Beer, soccer and sheep. The 'full inbox' thread is neither beer nor soccer nor sheep and thus you will see the reasoning behind the location of my post.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK Hrvat 5 - Point Grey 1
Referee was great. Both teams were very disciplined, and good sports.

Highlight reels scored by One Eye, Paesano and Biscotti (two very fine assists by Yomama).

Stellar goaltending by NK keeper.

The Train, aka juggernaught, is gaining momentum. Looking forward to next week's tilt!

ps: Watcher looks good as a big yellow banana on the sidelines.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB's 5 Ismali 0

It wasn't pretty. Some sloppiness on our part gave them one good shot. Other than that they were dominated. Pretty clean game.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Onward

Yomamma
Big banana and Watcher don't belong in the same sentence it doesn't matter what color you paint him. As far as the sidlines goes "the Watcher" pulled himself, so as not to risk injury in a sure win game. This gives some of the other soldiers a well deserved chance to get some serious minutes. He will now be better rested for the bigger battles that lie ahead. Have no fear the cream always rises to the top. He also cannot believe that W.U.B. defeated point grey. Good news for NK. Maybe another week of rest is in the cards for "The Watcher" on the way to the finals!!!!!!

BoardtheBandwagonasBumblingBulgariansBiteBananawhileBeingBrutallyBeatenByBatchvaandBrothers.Bank on it!!!!!!!!!

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final Four

Beam over CA in a shocker
Come on Mick, are you planning on poisoning us before the game?
CA vs Bosna SC - Best scoring vs. best defending
City FC Blaze vs. W.U. Polska- a battle royale
I never make predictions, so take it for what's its worth.
Sorry HK Hrvat but I have you losing in the quarters to Polska.
JBs, you get creamed by Surrey in the round of 32.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0