Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2, 2002-03 Weekly Predictions & Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK to lose???

Cliffy,

Polska is a very beatable team.... Besides, City FC I think, although I haven't seen them play, will give the pesky poles a run for their money. Either way, we still have a makeup game to play against Polska and we've been eagerly preparing to set the record straight, be it in the quarters, or the makeup....manager says both!!!

boldly predicting the polish demise,

manager!

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Manager,
I haven't seen Polska play either but I base it on 1 loss and 54 goals for.
As for City Blaze, they're very good, it wouldn't surprise me to see them in the finals.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
are they the young fast team that have zoolander and Justin (american idol) look alikes on their team? if so i hear they are a chippy bunch....

BTW, the 54 goals for is a slight misperception of the polish ability. they beat b united 14 -2 the other week. BU showed up with 8 guys or something....it was awful. take that into consideration and a defensively tight team can scab a goal or two against them and shut their offense down. Besides, when we played them last, our goal scorer was away at college...he's back now and poping 2-3 per game.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, We are the young fast team with Zoolander and Justin.

As for being a chippy bunch, I can't really say. We are chippy at times but that has a lot to do with crap refereeing.(that on how nuch was drank the nigh tbefore) Unforutnately the field we play on isn't fit for a cow pasture. I've seen harder mud bogs than what we played on this weekend. Still a successful 4-0 win over Blaze"B" and onto Lobbans "b" next week. Then it's either Elephant Walk or another City FC team in round 3 if we win again.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
.(that on how nuch was drank the nigh tbefore)

Blaze,

You must been last night . Excuse me occifer I hanvant drunking mucking fuch!!!:D. And whatabout Eminem, is he still your keeper.
Doesn't the City club get along amongst the three teams? You previous post seems to suggest otherwise.

Manager,

Get back to work, one-eye tells me you've been racking up the frequent posters points alittle too much. Also, say hi to the goated one for me.

Cliff,

You guys should do well against Bosna. That is assuming they are basically the same team as last year.

But, atleast give us a chance against Surrey. It's cup time and you never know what can happen.

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie,
I haven' t heard much about the CAT teams so it's hard to judge, but they have 64 goals for and 14 against, not bad in any league.
I just hope you guys get a turnout of at least 11....and don't put your center mid at sweeper again, it's a bad place for a guy who likes to dribble.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CAT Teams - You just never know...

After this past weekends results you have to acknowledge that anything can and will happen in Cup Play.

Case in point is 2nd place PGR-A(2B) vs lastplace WUBulgaria(2CAT) losing 1-0

1st place MFWolves(2Cat) vs 5th place NSUFalcons losing 3-2.

The West Van Royals upcoming game has not been posted. They should be playing WS C-Men. Is there some controversy brewing with sunday's match played WSCMen and WSKnights?

Cliff Hanger,

You didn't pick us to get out of the Sweet 16? I, unlike Mickster was not willing to put my money where my mouth was and picked you to take us in the Semis but to get "creamed by Slurrey". Give the Mickster and crew some credit. We have done some research into your great success this season and are developing a new thong'ed weapon of mass destruction to go tete a tete with your Portly Pink Masked Marauder. If you don't see us in the eight's you will be missing out. :D

-BeamIsBestStraightUpandStraightOutOfTheBottle-

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie

quit picking on me. i have a baaaad hangover from last night. Luckily its Monday today and i can recuperate at work.

Eminem is still in goal. ( Although he nearly died of boredom yesterday)

As for the City FC teams and getting along. We had never met anyone on the Blaze B team till yesterday. But we do get along with the other 2 teams.

as for the CAT teams I can't tell you much. Except about Blaze B

But after the performance by the team we played yesterday , they have to be the worst team in the whole of the metro league. They played with 9 guys behind the ball from before the game started. We didn't score in the first half because we couldn't get a shot through without hitting someone from the other team. We finally score after 55 straight minutes in there half and a guy actual yells " It's a lucky one, we got them where we want them."

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final 4

Cliffhanger, poison might be a bit extreme but I'm sure I can come up with something. Maybe if our team wears nothing but thongs and ski masks you guys might be scared away (sound familiar). As for any predictions I might have for the final 4, well I've already lost as Point Grey Rangers are out and thay will screw up my pool. As for getting creamed by Surrey.... I guess we'll see but we have to get by Maplewood first and Surrey has to get by Champlain. Hopefully Vinnie and the boys will be on their game for that one!!

Cliffhanger

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish,
Sorry about the prediction but I've heard that Surrey is pretty good. Only 2 losses, and scoring 62 goals.
Believe me, I want you guys to go through so I could finally collect my beers from Mickster. Looking at the schedule, we could meet only in the semi-finals.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mickster singing the thong song...

Fcuk,

After reading that and having a cataclimistic visual of Mickster in a tiger thong, I think we had better lose to Slurrey...Well then again, I could take some pics and make some money sending the the pictures to the National Enquirer.

"Tiger Thong'd Scottish Footballer takes on the Pink Masher in the Battle for the Barley" could be worth some cake... :D

Seriously though, I played against the Surrey team when I picked up a game with our CAT team and they are a young hard nosed team but definitely beatable. Our CAT team played them to a 3-3 draw.(...and then they lose to fckuing Signmaster in Cup...Fcuking CAT teams!!!)

Not looking ahead but it would be nice to play CA again and have some more cracks at G-money...the smallest keep in div 2...I think that if we get a few swords in you early, we might be able to keep the scoreline respectable... :rolleyes:

-BonesThuggeryandJimBeam-

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, I stopped by the B United - Polska game on my way home a couple of weeks back. There was ten minutes left in the game and I must have counted the field ten times over! I kept counting seven guys.....6 or 7 shirts on B United! I asked one of their players after the game about the situation and evidently they started with a less than full squad and lost a couple to injury during the game. (I believe even their goalie so they had a player in net). The ref even allowed them to play.

So, although Polska started the year very strong, they have been playing weak soccer lately. This score does not reflect anything at all. To quote the Manager, Polska is "beatable."

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish

Is there some controversy brewing with sunday's match played WSCMen and WSKnights?

I was unable to attend. But from what I hear (from a player involved)...

The game was tied 1:1 at the end of regulation. The ref played 2x 15 min extra time (no golden goal). The game was still tied. The ref then insisted 2 more 15 min extra time halves (this time golden goal) instead of PK's. C-men protest to some degree at this point. Ref basically says talk to the hand cause....:rolleyes: The C-Men end up scoring in extra time. The game may need to be replayed.

Again, I was not there. I've heard this second hand but from a fairly reliable source. If I hear more, I'll pass it on.

number2

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OT

In my opinion, a victory that way is more deserving than one that goes to PKs ... so the result should stand as-is.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No replay, if they do, that's a joke... both teams need to meet for PKs and PK's only.

Simple solution to a VMSL problem - some of the ref's don't know the rules :rolleyes:

~Regs.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The first question that someone needs to ask that ref is: "Where else in the world do you think that FIFA allows more than two 15-minute OT halves?"

:rolleyes:

If he refs the replay/pk-do-over (or any other ref for that matter), will he get paid a second time?

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Where do they find some of these refs????

Originally posted by watcher
A couple of years ago NK was playing that chicano gang called Chile FC at John Rogers Park when one of their players climbs the back of our 6'4" mid-fielder, going for a header, only to get a full body slam from I swear 4' in the air. The Watcher from high on his 8th ave. perch uncovers his eyes to see, to his astonishment that the ref (Mr. Mcgoo) allows the play to continue. OH MY FREAKING GOD!!!!!!! There was going to be trouble. Sure enough about a minute later fans are on the field in a total melee. Play on??? after a vicious body slam???? Unbelievable.

NK to beat polska on the way to the semis.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, most of the refs they give us for Div 2 don't know the rules. They seem happy enough to make them up as they go along. (excluding the young ref we had versus Ismali, he was very good) Fcuking Vmsl, it's getting....er.....gotten to be a joke.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just hope you guys get a turnout of at least 11....and don't put your center mid at sweeper again, it's a bad place for a guy who likes to dribble.

Cliff,

Unfortunately, sweeper is the position we have not been able to fill this year. We have had about 6 differnet players playing it.
As for number, we should be OK for the rest of the season after signing a few guys.

As for the "C"-Men vs Knights....leave it as it stands. The game was actually finished in regular (non-PK) play and thats the way it should be.

Refs in div 2., what can I say but....shocking!!

We had a ref give us (and the C-Men) a fine for inadequate jerseys. This was not correct when pertaining to both teams. The only thing that happened that both teams had players come late and possibly grab the wrong number. The Azzi/Tremarco mafia wins again as I found it more costly to fight the $25 fine than fight it. Other than that, the ref did a good job on the field.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Preds:

Game 19: WFC Rangers-1 vs Cliff Avenue United-5
Game 20: North Shore Primos-4 vs Hagar's 'B'-2
Game 21: Nomads-1 vs City FC Rangers 'A'-2
Game 22: Sikh Temple Knights-3 vs Optima FC-2 (possible ABD)
Game 23: North Shore JB's-4 vs Maplewood United-1
Game 24: Champlain Heights vs Surrey United 'C'- No comment
Game 25: Bosna SC-3 vs Westside Rino 'C'-1
Game 26: TBS vs West Van Royals - Stupid VMSL
Game 27: Grandview Lobbans 'B'-1 vs City FC Blaze 'A'-4
Game 28: City FC Rangers 'B'-1 vs Elephant Walk 'A'-3
Game 29: Bombastic FC 'A'-1 vs Alemania FC-0 (PK)
Game 30: Bombastic FC 'B'-0 vs PwC Rangers-1 (PK)
Game 31: Firefighters C-lects-2 vs Western Union Polska-3
Game 32: Signmaster FC-1 vs Elephant Walk Socceroos-2
Game 33: Western Union Bulgaria-0 vs NK Hrvat-3
Game 34: Richmond Cougars-2 vs North Shore Falcons-1 (OT)

Cooment: Div 2C teams should do well, proving it is the toughest group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0