Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Co-Ed] Pre-Season Rumors

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking at the 2004 stats, it appears the Conductor was correct. YG Inc did not run up games. In fact, the only team that appeared to run up games on a more consistent basis was...ahh never mind--it will only lead to more bickering.

Maybe I'm thinking of a few years back when Conductor would average 4 goals per game. Throw in Nutmegs 3 goals per game, and the rout was on.

However, that 8-0 game vs the Beefeaters is indicative of why new teams should not be forced into competitive. Even though the Beefeaters have enough talent to win the league, they lost badly in a lot of games because a) they had to draw straws each match to see who would go in net b) they only needed 9 straws and c) Larsson ended up smoking 3 of them.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think looking through the links that Regs posted there were a few teams that had games where they scored 6,7, even 8 goals.
I was just making a point that Conductor was not correct in his post is all.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
I think looking through the links that Regs posted there were a few teams that had games where they scored 6,7, even 8 goals.
I was just making a point that Conductor was not correct in his post is all.

Yoda, I've already agreed and disagreed on this point. But yes, I agree.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know, i just wanted you to say that you agreed with in again.

It's not that often i hear you say that.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
I know, i just wanted you to say that you agreed with [me] again.

It's not that often i hear you say that.

It all changed after KNVB professed his love for me. I think when he humped me, he baptized me at the same time. I'm a new man.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another long one. Sorry guys.

I have to agree with Conducter on a whole bunch of his points.
-I am a knob, proven the moment when I said I would do this job.
- I didn't have control of the meeting. If I was to hold another meeting I will have a play pen ready for timeouts but don't worry no more meeting for me.
- I never consulted the league when allowing three teams in. Agreed but I will be honest with you not everyone is great at getting back to me about things. I am still waiting for about three team rosters from last year. I didn't think making the league from 18 teams to 20 teams was a big concern. Warren and Herb never expressed any concerns when I told them three weeks ago and in fact Herb offered to help bring Ron in. I am working 60 hour work weeks right now and didn't want to track everyone down to get permission for something I didn't see as a big deal. I was wrong.
- I never told Cosmos, Gunners and Beernuts. I agree on the Beernuts one but I have a feeling they may have already known and besides I believe they were still bragging about their rec. trophey so they must figure they are good enough. Most people I have talked to agree they are one of the teams that should play competitive. Maybe if people stood up to them and told them no they can't play rec we wouldn't have these problems. I talked to Warren from Cosmos and he wasn't thrilled about it but would have played in competitive. I believe he backed out because Beernuts were already refusing and guys like you were supporting them instead of trying to explain to them they should be competitive. Gunners finished second last not last, they were only requesting to go down.

I agree that I messed up with more than a few things at the meeting.
I never had the new people introduce themselves and that was my bad. However with all that you had to say why not mention that as a suggestion. I appologize to everyone for my mistake.
I should have asked Jeremy for help but I believe Jeremy is really busy and I didn't think I needed to bother him but apperently I was wrong. Jeremy did step in to settle things down a couple of times and I thank him for it and for doing this job for five years which is 4 more than I want to do. I believe Jeremy slowly worked his way into this Job working under Tony before taking over. Gerry and myself were thrown into this job and with the help of Matt and Jeremy last year things went not too bad. We have been learning as we go. My first meeting I was ever at was last year.
I was wrong in trying to use comon sense when setting up two ten team division with the strongest in the top division and the weakest in the bottom division.
I guess I must have decieved people when I had my job introview. How did that go again:
Jeremy says: come on guys someone has to do it.
Matt says: Paul will do it.
I say: what exactly would I have to do?
Jeremy says: not too much welcome aboard.
I am not going to come on here and explain and defend myself to you everyday, I was at work till 8:00 last night getting stuff ready for this year and will probably be here even later tonight so if you are not going to help out why not just leave thing alone and prepare to do the job next year.

I hope this is my last little rant and wish everyone good luck this year. Lets try and make this year go smooth from here on out.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD
I am not going to come on here and explain and defend myself to you everyday
I never asked you to!!I'm not gonna rebuttle about this meeting thing anymore,so thank you and Gerry for all the work you guys do without the pay but with lot's of abuse!!If you need help or suggestions there's lots of people that have been in this league long enough that I'm sure if you called them would probably help outmyself included.
I wish everyone good luck this year
I hope this includes YG too!!! :D

gambler

May 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
This league seems to be like that secret model wonderland that George (from Seinfeld) could only get into when he had that picture of a model.

No teams seem to need players and no new teams can get in. I've posted threads about a half dozen times now asking how I can get into this league and I don't get any replies.

I'm a decent soccer player and I'm just looking for a casual league to play in. I figured a co-ed league would be somthing along those lines but how does a guy get onto a team?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gambler, we fear change. Use Conductor as an example... why else would he be that much of prick for so long?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gambler,
I saw your thread and got your PM but you did not specify which league you were talking about, hence you got information on the Winter Mens league not the AMSL.
Although, maybe that info was helpful too as you didn't respond to tell me that it wasn't what you were looking for.
STD is the one you should PM, he will give you any information on this league you need, and as well, any teams that may need players. Trust me, as the time goes on teams will be scrambling right before season starts.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know I am going to regret this but people looking for teams can email me at paulsirec@telus.net I asked teams if anyone is looking for players and nobody has said they are yet. I am sure I will hear all about teams unable to field a team and wanting to reschedule but they already have enough players :rolleyes:If someone asks me then I can pass along peoples contact information.

There is no room for new teams this year.

Thanks, your friendly slave to the people.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just looked at what i think is the season schedule for this season.
Does it really start on May 4th?

That's like 4 weeks away!

I better start looking over my contract offers.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agents just cut into the profits, i do it myself.

~Greedy Yoda.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure if it's true but over heard someone saying that Yoda and Skytrain are going to Slapper Ron's team.Term's of the contract are unknown!!! :D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unless you overheard Yoda and/or Skytrain say it, it's probably not true.
In fact, i can vouch for myself (and only myself) that rumour is untrue.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
STD I never asked you to!!I'm not gonna rebuttle about this meeting thing anymore,so thank you and Gerry for all the work you guys do without the pay but with lot's of abuse!!If you need help or suggestions there's lots of people that have been in this league long enough that I'm sure if you called them would probably help outmyself included. I hope this includes YG too!!! :D

Conductor seems to know what he's talking about. He should take over for this STD guy, he sounds like a flake. Probably can't play soccer worth a lick either.

By the way, what team am I on? I know it can't be that good with at least 4 Highlanders on it. :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0