Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks In The Offseason

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couldn't do squat when sent down his 1st year too. Immature and selfish. By all accounts the kid is becoming a pro. Maybe now he's starting to get it.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heatley just made a trade request to come west, do the Canucks entertain? Even if they wanted to, is it possible to fit him in with the Sedins?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heatley just made a trade request to come west, do the Canucks entertain? Even if they wanted to, is it possible to fit him in with the Sedins?

Sedins and Heatley nope

Heatley would be a second line guy

Only chance is if Kesler was in the deal....so don't think it will happen

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am very interested in what Gillis is going to do. It appears to me that he and the bobsy twins agent are playing a bit of chicken.

They want an uber-long term deal with major frontloading on the cash side of the deal.

The Nucks would probably do a 7 or 8 year deal in that fashion, but not 12 FFS.

Gaborik is an interesting cat. part of me thinks that the injury routine over the last 4 years has been a bit of him trying to get traded out of Minny.

He is explosive, exciting, adn the closest thing to Pavel Bure in the "New" NHL (Ovie is better and more physical than Bure ever dreamed of being)

I also know that he is tight with Demitra, and that could go a long way to him joining up here.

We still have to see what happens up until the draft. The Canucks are supposedly one of the teams alot of the other clubs with star players on albatross contracts are talking to. If the TB Lightning ownership situation gets any clearer there just might be some clarity on what happens to LeCavalier. Same in Philly with their stars, and Gomez in the Big apple.

It will be a fun late June/early July in Canuck land, that's for sure.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am very interested in what Gillis is going to do. It appears to me that he and the bobsy twins agent are playing a bit of chicken.

They want an uber-long term deal with major frontloading on the cash side of the deal.

The Nucks would probably do a 7 or 8 year deal in that fashion, but not 12 FFS.

Gaborik is an interesting cat. part of me thinks that the injury routine over the last 4 years has been a bit of him trying to get traded out of Minny.

He is explosive, exciting, adn the closest thing to Pavel Bure in the "New" NHL (Ovie is better and more physical than Bure ever dreamed of being)

I also know that he is tight with Demitra, and that could go a long way to him joining up here.

We still have to see what happens up until the draft. The Canucks are supposedly one of the teams alot of the other clubs with star players on albatross contracts are talking to. If the TB Lightning ownership situation gets any clearer there just might be some clarity on what happens to LeCavalier. Same in Philly with their stars, and Gomez in the Big apple.

It will be a fun late June/early July in Canuck land, that's for sure.

Why does know one understand the loop hole....Give the twins a 20 year deal front loaded at 6.5 a year. Years 10-20 make it 1 million. That gets the cap hit to 3.5 a year.

Theres a loop-hole use it for fukc sakes.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Cap hit is the total amount of money divided by number of years. Cap hit is not what you pay per year.

Franchise. The Twins are 28. 28 + 20 is 48, in case you failed to notice, there aren't many NHL'ers playing at that age, and certainly not for 1 mill per. :D

The best thing to do here is figure out what cap hit you need and then reverse engineer it. Like...

Sedins at a hit of 5.00 is very desireable for the Canucks. Should be desireable for the twins as the cap is going to fall, and with it will fall Salaries they may feel compelled to compare themselves against.

Year One: 9 Mill (28 years old)
Year Two: 8.5 Mill (29 years old)
Year Three: 7.5 Mill (30 years old)
Year Four: 6.0 (31 years old)
Year Five: 5.0 Mill (32 years old)
Year Six: 2.0 Mill (33 years old)
Year Seven: 1.0 Mill (34 years old)
Year Eight: 1.0 Mill. (35 years old)

Total money is 40 Million each over 8 years is 5 million per year cap hit. The Problem with this is that you have two second or third liners once they get to 34 or so, with a cap hit of 5 mill.

How many guys in the NHL Produce at their level at the age of 35? Not many.

Could you imagine if the Canucks had signed Bertuzzi or Naslund to an 8 year contract during the 03/04 offseason!? We would have been calling for Naslund and Bertuzzi to retire. yet look at the stats they put up that season. Once they turned 30 the points started declining, for Bertuzzi it was once he turned 28 FFS.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In ten years the Cap will be higher than now.

Are you working for the TEAM 1040? What you wrote sounds a lot like the stuff one of the talking heads was spouting last week.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since they are currently under 35, the cap hit would come off the books if they were to retire at any point during the contract.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In ten years the Cap will be higher than now.

Are you working for the TEAM 1040? What you wrote sounds a lot like the stuff one of the talking heads was spouting last week.
You think so Dude? Really?

I'm not sure of anything these days. These guys are lost with Bettman at the helm. freaking blind leading the blind.

Here's an idea. BLOCK the move of a franchise that hemorrhages 20-30 Million in losses per year to a location that could see them, at the very least, profitable. Why? To save your job.

That sounds like good business.

Here's the problem. You have 5-6 Franchises in real & certain trouble
-Phoenix
-Tampa
-Florida
-Atlanta
-Nashville
-Maybe more, but who do we believe?

Each year the teams that are run well, in good hockey markets, write cheques to teams that spend to the salary floor (There's another bright idea :rolleyes:) How much longer are these owners going to take of this?!

I'm not just rabbitting back to you a Pratt's rant Dude. It is common sense.

Which would you rather!?

The Sedins on a contract that will see them through to their retirement on an inflated contract or Guys getting paid well on shorter term deals?

fact is that assets are not just players anymore, cap space is an asset. The Rangers will trade Gomez' deal to anyone who will take it at this point, same can be said of Philly's deal with Briere. You can trade a bag of used practise pucks for these guys these days... but nobody wants the contracts, why?

because the only thing less predictable than this "Bad economy" is Gary Bettman and his stooges running of our game into the ground in an effort to win fans that are unwinable and to get a National American TV Contract that will not be granted again, EVER.

the lockout was all for not, this is the fallout. Not "parity" not "cost certainty" the only thing was the players ended up making the same, or more on average league wide, and we have teams in bad markets in bankruptcy, teams with owners having to have Bettman mediate debates on who should control the team (TB Lightning) and owners in jail or up on charges (Samuelli in Anaheim and "boots" in Nashville.

the only reason the cap will be up in ten years is because of normal inflation, not because of a growth in the game. Not unless the NHL gets back to the regional niche it lived in for most of the glory years of the 90's when it was popular with Uber stars in Major american markets, and no "wellfare state" teams in places that think all Canadians live in Igloos and drive Dog sleds to work.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Cap hit is the total amount of money divided by number of years. Cap hit is not what you pay per year.

Franchise. The Twins are 28. 28 + 20 is 48, in case you failed to notice, there aren't many NHL'ers playing at that age, and certainly not for 1 mill per. :D

Thats the point they are not going to play. I.E. they will retire. It doesn't matter there isn't a penalty.

I don't want to explain it seems to be a waste of time!

20 years front load the contract (golden!!!!!)

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if it really matters who they have on this team does it? They still won't win a cup.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beg to differ.

If we'd had the EXACT same players, and coaches, that Detroit has had over the past 2 years, we'd probably have won a cup.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0