Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks In The Offseason

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
For some reason people are all caught up on the length of this contract and cannot imagine having to pay them $5.5 million each when they are 39 or 40 years old.

This is all about finding a way to pay them what they are worth (i.e. 8 years at 7 million plus a signing bonus) but at the same time freeing up 3 million per year (1.5 million per twin) to sign someone else.

Personally, I think Franchise's 20 year plan is golden, but I think Bettman would see through this and not validify the contract.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
For some reason people are all caught up on the length of this contract and cannot imagine having to pay them $5.5 million each when they are 39 or 40 years old.

This is all about finding a way to pay them what they are worth (i.e. 8 years at 7 million plus a signing bonus) but at the same time freeing up 3 million per year (1.5 million per twin) to sign someone else.

Personally, I think Franchise's 20 year plan is golden, but I think Bettman would see through this and not validify the contract.

Bettman can't see through it. Its a loophole...look at Zetterberg, Lacavlier and few more....

20 years works.....JBN look into it for me ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Curious...why haven't we seen NFL style contract restructuring to maneuver guys into cap space in the NHL yet? Would seem to me this is also a viable option for some teams.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Curious...why haven't we seen NFL style contract restructuring to maneuver guys into cap space in the NHL yet? Would seem to me this is also a viable option for some teams.

The NFL needs more freedom with their cap structure since their marquee players often find themselves in jail for murdering their wives, running a dog fighting operation, and/or going to nightclubs and shooting themselves in the leg.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The NFL needs more freedom with their cap structure since their marquee players often find themselves in jail for murdering their wives, running a dog fighting operation, and/or going to nightclubs and shooting themselves in the leg.

...and for coming up with new words like "validify.":D

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beg to differ.

If we'd had the EXACT same players, and coaches, that Detroit has had over the past 2 years, we'd probably have won a cup.

I doubt it. Something about our jersey makes them lose the big games?

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
...and for coming up with new words like "validify.":D

Trece...too funny! I was saying to myself...should I go back and edit that word? what are the chances of someone calling me on it?"

I even googled it to double check before hand...though there is some debate whether or not that word exists. I'm going with the wiktionary people on this one!:D

validify - Wiktionary

Urban Dictionary: Validify

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Radio up here in Kamloops says that the deal with Gaborik is a done deal. And if anyone would know, it's the guys on the radio up here in Kamloops.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Team 1040 is reporting that John Butchagrass (sp?) from ESPN is reporting that he has learned/heard from a Source that Luongo has agreed terms with Gillis and Co. on a long term contract extension.

To Echo Pratt's comments I heard on the way home coupled with common sense... He must have heard Gillis' plan-B if the Twits sign elsewhere.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wasn't reported on The Big NL so Idoubt it's accurate.
The Team 1040 is reporting that John Butchagrass (sp?) from ESPN is reporting that he has learned/heard from a Source that Luongo has agreed terms with Gillis and Co. on a long term contract extension.

To Echo Pratt's comments I heard on the way home coupled with common sense... He must have heard Gillis' plan-B if the Twits sign elsewhere.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob...what does The Big NL predict the chances are for the Lords of Langley our upcomming Masters season?

~Inquiring minds.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some rumours doing the rounds...
-Bieksa, Schneider, and the Nucks 1st round pick for Tampa's 2nd overall. :eek:
-Wellwood for the rights to Boumeester
-Niedermayer is STILL unsure he wants to play
-Twins are adios amigos.

If that first rumour comes true how does this look!?

Demitra-Cammalleri-Gaborik
Burrows-Hodgson-Tavares
Raymond-Kesler-Bernier
Rypien-Johnson-Hordichuk

Mitchell-Boumesster
Edler-Salo
O'Brien-Journeyman Plug

Luongo
LaBarbera

-assumes a reduced cap of 55 Mil.
-Assumes Bonus inclusive cap hits to both Hodgson and Tavares of 1.75 per
-Assumes Cap Hits to Cammallarri and Gaborik of 6 mill
-Assumes Cap Hit to Boumeester of 6 Mil
-Assumes resigning O'Brien for minimum qualification contract as he is an rfa.
-Assumes the 6th DMan makes a mill or less
-Assumes LaBarbera signs for 750k.

Very doable in my books... leaving Hansen, Grabner, and a the farm alone...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wellwood for the rights to Boumeester

Don't like that one, if you look at past trades for rights, it's mostly been a draft pick, and even then if you don't sign the player you've wasted an asset. Look at the Habs last year trading for Sundin's rights, waste of a pick, nevermind a productive player with good potential for this season, considering the offseason workout regimen he's been following.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't like that one, if you look at past trades for rights, it's mostly been a draft pick, and even then if you don't sign the player you've wasted an asset. Look at the Habs last year trading for Sundin's rights, waste of a pick.
Wellwood doesn't fit on this team anymore with Hodgson, Johnson, Kesler, and a first line centre in Sedin or UFA.

Get what you can for him in rights alone, he is an unsigned RFA

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0