Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BCPL- BC Premier League: Proposal

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Premier] Who will come out on top in the VMSL 2009/10

The few complaining the most are the teams threatened to not make the cut
Your spelling is hard enough to stomach, do you have to say such stupid things as well? Seriously, just stop.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Also, some investigative sleuthing on my part has come up with some stuff that may or may not surprise some people here, but obviously not all the facts are being shared fairly and equitably, so here goes..

1. A Major Sponsor is in the works. I'll leave it just at that.
2. Travel is a concern, but it has been/is being addressed. See point 1 and other plans will help.
3. I was also told that JUST the Premier teams, from each home league, did vote, and it PASSED UNANIMOUSLY
4. Then the League Executives voted, again a pass unanimously.
5. The committee set up parameters in which the home leagues were to work in, therefore if one league's teams feel particularly hard done by, it's the home leagues fault and not the BCPL Committee... funny that the teams in the home league with the most to lose (Sense of entitlement blah blah blah) are the ones whinging about this now

All of this can be backed up with Meeting Minutes, which is obviously a lot more truthful and accurate than hearsay and rumor mongering on the part of us folk rabbitting on about it on TTP behind the anonymity of usernames.

True I had a few at dinner and that with my not so good English would account for the spelling errors..So Regs I will do my best to use the spell check to make you happy......but to say I have said something stupid ,then just read point 5 from JBN where he says basically the same thing I did....And yet you comment on my statement...Not his..?

Remember its nose in ass, not tounge.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Can someone who was at the meeting please explain to JBN that the "vote" was to go forward to find out more information about how this would work... not for the approval to join the BCPL. Please. Kippax? Burnro? Bueller?

ABSOLUTELY!!!! That is what was asked of us at the Premier league meeting...in no way did we vote "yes" to approval of the league...Azzi was hammered with question after question by us club reps and he had no answers except what he had already told us of the basic parameters of how it would work...because he had no answers, he then asked for our approval to get answers to all of our questions as he was meeting again soon with the VISL and FVSL...after this follow-up meeting, Azzi promised that each Premier club would receive an email package with all the answers to the questions we had...this was supposed to arrive 10-days before the league AGM so that each club could have time to review the full details...this never happened and then 6-7 VMSL Premier teams voted "NO" at the AGM.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

ABSOLUTELY!!!! That is what was asked of us at the Premier league meeting...in no way did we vote "yes" to approval of the league...Azzi was hammered with question after question by us club reps and he had no answers except what he had already told us of the basic parameters of how it would work...because he had no answers, he then asked for our approval to get answers to all of our questions as he was meeting again soon with the VISL and FVSL...after this follow-up meeting, Azzi promised that each Premier club would receive an email package with all the answers to the questions we had...this was supposed to arrive 10-days before the league AGM so that each club could have time to review the full details...this never happened and then 6-7 VMSL Premier teams voted "NO" at the AGM.

This can't be true. JBN and Ghouse, both Fraser Valley guys who were at the VMSL meeting said it was unanimously approved. So since they were there at the VMSL meeting, they would know. JBN and Ghouse, you guys were at the VMSL meeting, right?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Shamrock ..true enough i was not there...This is what was told to me at our AGM. We do have alot of answers because we did vote and we did get these answers from our questions.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

This can turn into a very ugly situation at the end of the year if several VMSL teams decide not to join the BC Super League. Not only will it be the demise of the Super league, but it will screw up the relegation/promotion for the VMSL.

I suggest all Premier team reps contact Azzi and express their points of view...whether they are yeah's or nay's...

If Azzi gets a sense that there are too many teams against this scenario....there is chance this wil get nixed....it will have to.

If Azzi get a sense that the majority of teams are for the BC Super League....its business as usual and we'll have to live with it. After all, majority rules and thats how it should be.

The bottom line is there has to be a line of communication opened....I'm sure all team reps read the banter on this site....its all great to post and express your opinions but its going to take more than that....pick up the phone and call Azzi.....either way - there has to be a resolution.

Sandman

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

But Sandman, the only people that will call are the ones that can't make the cut, right Ghouse?

It's pretty apparent that this discussion is spurred on by the league not following up on the consultation process that the teams were told would happen.

When some say there was an unamious vote at the AGM, what EXACTLY was the vote on?

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Time for Azzi to pass the torch.. The next vote should be for his replacement.....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I propose the Valley and the Island make a 'Kinda Super' League. Obviously without the VMSL, it wouldn't be a Super league.

Also, when the fcuk is the BC Masters Super League starting? I want to feel that all the lunges and 25 yard 'sprints' I did last night are going to be worth something in the long run.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Utah said it best.

If everyone was behind this, it would be a huge step forward for soccer in the province.
Timing it with the MLS, and getting some sponsorship and media coverage could make this the league to play in.
It will just draw the talent. The road trips, playing the best from different regions, the island rivalries that could be made and grown.

Yes, it would be expensive.
1. With a professional set up, Club members spent less time drinking with there money and more on "being a semi-pro". Lots of cash goes in to the pints throughout the year. As a young man, they will have a choice what type of teams to play on. And believe me, lots of the young guys don't pint it up. They still don't get the "culture" (i realize i'll never be a pro, so lets just drink our faces off after every session, and prolong going home) They still think they can get a tryout in europe, or have college years left. B.C. league would get a ton of young skillful guys persuing soccer.

With weekend road trips to the Island, lots of younger guys, with no wife or career, would play in this league. Especially if they were taken care of.

I could see ACBC and some valley teams getting lots of talent next year as guys would want a crack at this league .

It will take a couple years. With the old guard staying put. But if this league is set up right, All the "serious" ballers will play in it. But in saying all of this.
The VMSL top teams have to buy in to this to make this work early.

Also, to make this really work. I think it should be played in the summer, timed out with the Whitecaps season. Where you would ACTUALLY get fans and support.
The league would be off for nov.dec.jan.feb. It should beMarch to October, just in time for Nationals. And the months where you can get families, friends and fans out to the games. But I here this is in the five year plan.
This league would be great if everyone saw the bigger picture. GREAT.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

But Sandman, the only people that will call are the ones that can't make the cut, right Ghouse?

It's pretty apparent that this discussion is spurred on by the league not following up on the consultation process that the teams were told would happen.

When some say there was an unamious vote at the AGM, what EXACTLY was the vote on?

The vote was far from unanimous as there were many no votes by teams premier and non-premier alike. The majority was in favour, but then that included both lower division teams AND Masters teams who have absolutely no skin in the game, so to speak.

The exact thing being voted on was:

At the end of the 2009-2010 season, the top 4 premier teams would be promoted to the BC Premier League and the remaining VMSL teams would be re-aligned to end up with 10 teams in Premier, 10 team in Div 1, 30 teams in Div 2, and the remaining teams in Div 3.

Outside of the premier teams who attended the premier-only meeting, this was the first time that 90% of the other teams had heard of this proposal. The first bone of contention from the premier teams was that the original proposal weeks before was for the BC premier league to have 12 teams including 6 from VMSL. We were told that this was impossible and the BC Premier League committee had decided on 10 teams only, take it or leave it. Then the whole thing was spun as a "great opportunity for local soccer" and we were basically told that we were screwing ourselves by not voting for it. Unsurprisingly the majority of teams who are not directly affected by this then voted for it.

As an aside, I find it funny to see here now that Reedie is steadfast against going forward with this, yet Sandman was a vocal supporter and yes voter at the AGM.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

This can't be true. JBN and Ghouse, both Fraser Valley guys who were at the VMSL meeting said it was unanimously approved. So since they were there at the VMSL meeting, they would know. JBN and Ghouse, you guys were at the VMSL meeting, right?
Look,
there's no reason for you to act like a fcuking knob and make this something I am forwarding. I was just passing along info ffs.

I never said I was at the meeting.

Obviously the minutes from the meeting were that a vote was passed, apparently the league and voting members of the clubs thought a different topic was being voted on.

Give your head a shake, no need to make it personal, I have prefaced everyone of my posts saying I am indifferent as I am NOT a stakeholder and don't care either way save perhaps watching the matches.

~Moving right along...:rolleyes:

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sorry Captain, let me clarify that I'm referring to the original Premier-only meeting that occurred before the VMSL AGM...this was the meeting that my previous post is referring.:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

As an aside, I find it funny to see here now that Reedie is steadfast against going forward with this, yet Sandman was a vocal supporter and yes voter at the AGM.
Not that the knucklehead needs me to step in for him, but Reedie has never said he is against the idea. What he has said is that he has talked to people from several other organisations who have concerns and that they (these other teams/clubs) wouldn't go up if they won a spot.

And rightly so, he has pointed out that if the consultation process for the VMSL was flawed, it needs to be rectified ASAP.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

FYI - I was part of the committee that created and supported the re-alignment.

The manadate was IF THE SUPER LEAGUE WERE TO HAPPEN - HOW WOULD WE BEST REALIGN THE LEAGUE

I was never a part of the Super League discussions....we were in Div 1 at the time and were not invited to the Premier League meeting.

Sandman

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Look,
there's no reason for you to act like a fcuking knob and make this something I am forwarding. I was just passing along info ffs.

I never said I was at the meeting.

Obviously the minutes from the meeting were that a vote was passed, apparently the league and voting members of the clubs thought a different topic was being voted on.

Give your head a shake, no need to make it personal, I have prefaced everyone of my posts saying I am indifferent as I am NOT a stakeholder and don't care either way save perhaps watching the matches.

~Moving right along...:rolleyes:

What website are we on? Oh that's right......... www.takingeverythingtoheart.com

Carry on.......nothing to see here.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

What are the reasons some VMSL teams can be against such an important move???

Look, it is a great idea, to have a Super LEague. If financial situation becomes resolved I do not see why this league would not be happening. You can charge people to watch the games, plus have sponsors, and the money will be there. Plus as someone said, all the best talent in BC will be playing here. No doubt.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

You'll be charging me exactly how much to stand field side of Van Tech on chilly rainy Friday night? I'll get my visa...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

when the fcuk is the BC Masters Super League starting?

Kaptin:

Colemanj and I already started it years ago. It plays at Willingdon every Saturday afternoon....:D

Trece

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0