Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Draw MEN 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
UBC were not that great..they were just better than Us. We were shocking today.
That and the phantom PK call 25 mins in..WOW took what little life we had out of us...
Much better 2nd half and we made a game of it..thought the ref would even up the PKs since the first was a huge mistake but no luck and they got one late as we were caught pressing. 3-1 final..Both UBC goals were very nice shots.
Good luck to them the rest of the way.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
UBC were not that great..they were just better than Us. We were shocking today.
That and the phantom PK call 25 mins in..WOW took what little life we had out of us...
Much better 2nd half and we made a game of it..thought the ref would even up the PKs since the first was a huge mistake but no luck and they got one late as we were caught pressing. 3-1 final..Both UBC goals were very nice shots.
Good luck to them the rest of the way.

How was the playing surface?

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions for Quarter-Finals??...

Top Half:

Cowichan at UBC (UBC 3-0)

ICST Peg at Gorge (Peg with the upset 2-1 ET)

Bottom Half:

Port Moody at Surrey United (Surrey 4-1)

Columbus at West Van (Columbus 2-1 PK's)

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally an outstanding strike with less than 5 minutes to go, from 25 yards and an impossible angle hits the top corner. Great goal...

CJ with a spectacular goal...possible candidate for goal of the year. Was placed oh so very nicely and was such a hammer to bring down after owning that match.

On to Gorge Gents...

lookinsideurface

Mar 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akal came to battle on the island, but giving up a goal in the first two minutes is deflating for anyone. That said, it remained 1-0 till half and that is always dangerous during Cup play. A couple dangerous free kicks and corners could have swayed the game a bit at the right moment....but the second goal ended that. Besides a couple reckless challenges later in the game, the Akal guys were class and hope they enjoyed their time in Vic. Not many yellows, a descent reffed game.
Onto Peg.........should be a battle. Don't worry...no 12 o'clock start for you boys over here.
Gorge 24

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
CJ with a spectacular goal...possible candidate for goal of the year. Was placed oh so very nicely and was such a hammer to bring down after owning that match.

On to Gorge Gents...

Yes, CJ's goal was a thing of beauty, curling into the top corner, off the post and in. Even the opposing fans were applauding.

All in all, an outstanding peformance by our boys....it is very difficult to play any game on the island at this time...with a 12pm kickoff...and on the biggest pitch I have seen this year (walked it off before the game at 150 yds x 75 yds)...not to mention it was extremely bumpy grass....only our 2nd game out of 26 on grass this year! Of course, the real beauty of it all is....

We get to go back and try it again next weekend vs. Gorge! We went to check out the Gorge/Akal game afterwards and what a brilliant set up they have for a match. Great clubhouse, beer garden, and atmosphere (most clapping by fans I have ever seen at this level). Going to be a very tricky game for us next week...we are looking for supporters to make the trek and we have access to several blueberry vans if anyone needs a ride :D

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can someone from BC Soccer explain to me........ as I do not understand how the top 2 teams in the Bc provincial cup will possibly meet in the semi final:confused:

No offense to other squads still around...:)

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Reedie, you will go from playing on a huge pitch to a very short one....

Gorge were a classy bunch and great hosts!! (if I were Gorge 24 I would make sure I left room for ICST on Darcy's VIP list....;))

Good luck to the final 8

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can someone from BC Soccer explain to me........ as I do not understand how the top 2 teams in the Bc provincial cup will meet in the semi final:confused:

No offense to other squads still around...:)

Polska, I believe that Surrey and West Van were "seeded", which in this case simply means that they do not have to participate in the preliminary round of the prov cup. I believe Gorge and ACBC were also seeded in this same way and maybe even UBC, as they all won their respective leagues. After that, it is a crap shoot with names and slots being drawn out of a hat.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blueberry vans...nice. you know you're in tight when. :D

Cowichan is a scrappy and young side, they remind me a lot of Port Moody. Both our teams worked extremely hard for the entire 120mins, but when it’s all said and done I think we just ran out of gas. That'll happen when you spend you last 8 weeks playing for your cup lives, eventually, you'll just run out of bounces and luck.

Liam Breen worked his nuts off in the middle of the park and if you've seen them, you would know the extent of that compliment. Hi Liam. He was rewarded with a nice goal 20 mins from time to put us up 1 -0. And, as it happens, we end up pinned in our 18 for the last 15 minutes or so. They had a guy who could throw the ball a mile, albeit with 1 arm, "he has two hands on the ball the ref says" and they get a fluke goal from a long throw with our defender heading it off their forwards back and the ball looping into the corner.

The ref who until OT was doing quite well, decided they needed a PK for running over our defender. Karma prevailed as he missed it horribly wide. The winner came late in the first OT off a corner kick where the cowichan forward had two hands on Jacko's shoulders and got up and headed it in, with the comment from the ref “com-on you’re a big guy you can handle that”

We had a couple chances to tie late, but like I said, we just didn't have the legs or bounces to get it done this week. It was a great run for PAU in the second half and although I think we could/should have progressed another round maybe two I think over-all a successful season all things considered especially with the first half of it being flushed down the toilet.

Fore!

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polska, I believe that Surrey and West Van were "seeded", which in this case simply means that they do not have to participate in the preliminary round of the prov cup. I believe Gorge and ACBC were also seeded in this same way and maybe even UBC, as they all won their respective leagues. After that, it is a crap shoot with names and slots being drawn out of a hat.

Thx reedie.... So there is no bracket hiding anywhere... i wondered if it was not being published due to bandwith limitations on the vmsl web site:D.

I always thought a bracket system to be more appropriate at this stage..and i belive it can be done without any problems as long as bc soccer sends out a once a month rankings update.

my six cents

good luck in the great 8

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thx reedie.... So there is no bracket hiding anywhere... i wondered if it was not being published due to bandwith limitations on the vmsl web site:D.

I always thought a bracket system to be more appropriate at this stage..and i belive it can be done without any problems as long as bc soccer sends out a once a month rankings update.

my six cents

good luck in the great 8

There is a bracket that is on the BC Soccer web site for all divisions. The problem with the Men's Open bracket is that you start it with 19 teams...hence, the preliminary round. Here is a link to our bracket:

ACup(MensOpen)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We get to go back and try it again next weekend vs. Gorge! We went to check out the Gorge/Akal game afterwards and what a brilliant set up they have for a match. Great clubhouse, beer garden, and atmosphere (most clapping by fans I have ever seen at this level).

Agreed... Gorge's Park (I think it is Hampton Park) is a great place to play. The turf surface is small, narrow, and shitty, but the rest of the venue is great. There had to be hundreds of people watching our battle with them last year... many of whom like to heckle the goalkeeper from immediately behind the net :D.

They scored on us on a set play from about 25 yards... pinged in to a tall lanky lad for a header. It was very well taken. Be aware. Other than that, they battle and plug up the small pitch. My suggestion... get the ball wide and use your wheels.

Best of luck.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
We get to go back and try it again next weekend vs. Gorge! We went to check out the Gorge/Akal game afterwards and what a brilliant set up they have for a match. Great clubhouse, beer garden, and atmosphere (most clapping by fans I have ever seen at this level). Going to be a very tricky game for us next week...we are looking for supporters to make the trek and we have access to several blueberry vans if anyone needs a ride :D

I'm workin on it Reedie :D

Bushleague

Feb 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolute bullshit that the WV/CC game is been played at Ambleside. That field should'nt even be open. It promotes shite futbol and is dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0