Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Draw MEN 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...ya, because that's a comparable scenario...:rolleyes:
Surely, you're TTP?

Not at all.........Peace Arch United has done a lot to get ready to host these two games. Is that difficult to understand?

Rome has done a lot to get ready to host these games. Tell me where it is different. Yes, one is professional and one is amateur. That is it. This HAD to be determined before the tournament started, not during. It's Mickey Mouse and once again, that can't be denied.

And John, if the TTP Community wasn't told then that is a joke. :D

lookinsideurface

Mar 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
On another note.... I hear the "King" is playing with Metro Ford? Does he still carry a styrofoam cooler to all games? Could be ugly... heard there was an "incident" in Florida involving him and some of the Gorge boys.....

joe

May 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Joe,

I too thought it was interesting that he didnt pace off the 10 yards when requested. On your goal... your player was begging the ref to count the yards... our guys relaxed... then your player (sharp guy) took the kick quickly during the confusion and you got the winner on a header from a pinged cross. The goalscorer was being marked by our #1 guy for winning headers, and I dont think you won a single high ball in our box all day other than that one. It was a well taken goal, but probably wouldn't have happened if the ref actually blew the whistle, paced off the 10 yards, and restarted play.

And, no... I am not having a moan. The officials were very consistent and did well. We should've realized he wasnt going to pace the 10 yards off... as he hadnt all day.

And... if Guinness' moan is accurate (and yes, the little facker does moan a lot)... this is not proper. I am sure the FVSL / PAU have been putting a lot of effort into getting this organized... and past events at SSA have included a great beer garden and an exciting atmosphere. It would be a real shame if the game was played on the island.

Dont get me wrong about #9 he is a player for sure but I believe he wastes too much energy arguing to the refs to the point where they wont call it even when they should. As for the venue we were prepared for a great bus trip!!!! and now you added to our pain by telling there would be a beer garden...we were told by the VSL it was changed to the island....f%^%$

Gorge Prez

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
22 pages, 424 posts, 25077 views.

And TTP doesn't add anything to the soccer community? Where else ANYWHERE is the BC Provincial Cup getting as much discussion and free advertizing?

Understanding what I've read, it would be a shame and a loss for everyone to pull it from PAU now. If those boys do anything it is host a first class event, and at a great facility at that. Besides, it would be bush at this point in time. You establish policy in the off-season and stick to it, not shift gears mid stream.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

And TTP doesn't add anything to the soccer community? Where else ANYWHERE is the BC Provincial Cup getting as much discussion and free advertizing?

Try again, Dude... It's the same 30 guys posting and viewing these threads over and over and over.
Let it go...
Next question.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Try again, Dude... It's the same 30 guys posting and viewing these threads over and over and over.
Let it go...
Next question.

Seriously, man.......we know you're trying to work your way up the referee ranks and to be buddies with BCSA is critical......but how can you SERIOUSLY say they should change the rules at this point in the competition? PAU was given the semi-finals, just like Surrey United was given them last week in the womens' competition......They were given for a reason............not to be changed because things didn't work out the way B.C. Soccer expected..........

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously, man.......we know you're trying to work your way up the referee ranks and to be buddies with BCSA is critical......but how can you SERIOUSLY say they should change the rules at this point in the competition? PAU was given the semi-finals, just like Surrey United was given them last week in the womens' competition......They were given for a reason............not to be changed because things didn't work out the way B.C. Soccer expected..........

CS:
At what point did I say in my earlier posts that the decision to change the semi finals to the Island was the right one? Never did. My point was that people will feel like something should be done, but then don't get involved and wind up sitting on their hands. That was my point. Personally, CS, I agree with you that to change the rules in midflight is the wrong time; even if the decision to have and 2 teams from the Island (or the Mainland for that matter) play eachother at home is the right one. It should have been established before the competition began and that way PAU aren't out in the cold. I am sure that it is a blow to their event to have a game pulled out from them. And for that, they should be and have every reason to be pissed off. No arguments there. Now is not the time to change the rules. Poor timing.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS:
At what point did I say in my earlier posts that the decision to change the semi finals to the Island was the right one? Never did. My point was that people will feel like something should be done, but then don't get involved and wind up sitting on their hands. That was my point. Personally, CS, I agree with you that to change the rules in midflight is the wrong time; even if the decision to have and 2 teams from the Island (or the Mainland for that matter) play eachother at home is the right one. It should have been established before the competition began and that way PAU aren't out in the cold. I am sure that it is a blow to their event to have a game pulled out from them. And for that, they should be and have every reason to be pissed off. No arguments there. Now is not the time to change the rules. Poor timing.

Totally agree. :)

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My 2 cents worth, and only because I am mad at the 3 guy's that missed the boat to Victoria, and caused us to lose to Uvic is::rolleyes:

That FVSL/PA should tell BCSA that if they don't have all 4 games, then they don't want any. :eek: Seriously, hold a gun to their head!

BCSA spends plenty off meeting time asking,looking, and sometime begging for host clubs. I get the emails!

They stepped up, and to have part of it yanked from under them, is unfair! Stand up for what you agreed to, or nothing. BCSA will change that game back to SSAA in no time! They wouldn't have a choice!

Then have the Senior leagues work on an agreement for next year!

I do get kind off pissed at the way BCSA try's to control everything. Yet we are the paying members, and should have more say in how things go(now I am a hypocrite as I don't attend the meetings) rather than be told!

NSCL got in a pissing match many yrs ago over our discipline policy's. End result was our league dropped out off BCSA for a year(not ideal, but we believed in our policy, and BCSA accepted it) They lost $9000 revenue, our teams missed a chance at BC"s play. We won our discipline issue. And BCSA has never questioned us again about it!

If the FVSL and Club feel strongly about this, stand up to them. If not let it go!

I'm sure it will still be a great day out!

Good luck to all involved. Although the island teams won't have to worry about 3 guy's missing the boat:cool:

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
quote=cside17;281380]

I do get kind off pissed at the way BCSA try's to control everything. Yet we are the paying members, and should have more say in how things go(now I am a hypocrite as I don't attend the meetings) rather than be told!

:[/quote]

Ok lads Cside has admitted its all his fault now we can all move on :wa::wa:

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, that would require someone to actually get off their ass and do something about something. Why stand up and say that this is wrong when you can sit behind your keyboard and moan about it? After all, isn't that what TTP is all about? A solid contribution to the game; just ask Regs.

or maybe u get of yours and do something about it? how dare i suggest you earn you keep.

are u not part of bcsa? surely you can explain the reasoning for the desicion

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
the request to change came from the 3 leagues, NOT BCSA- get the facts before u all have a stroke over nowt!

There is a spirit of cooperation between the leagues that BCSA have no input on, they are rubber stamping not dictating;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
or maybe u get of yours and do something about it? how dare i suggest you earn you keep.

are u not part of bcsa? surely you can explain the reasoning for the desicion
We are all a part of the BCSA :D

Canucklehead runs the Richmond League. I believe he was also recently named the BCSA Administrator of the Year.

Obviously when one wins such an award they are then above all reproach.

:wa:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the request to change came from the 3 leagues, NOT BCSA- get the facts before u all have a stroke over nowt!

There is a spirit of cooperation between the leagues that BCSA have no input on, they are rubber stamping not dictating;)
I was going to post I thought that was the case last night - the BCSA has always had a bit of a "hands-off" approach to seniors, at least that is how I understood it.

I'm surprised the Administrator of the Year didn't mention that in this thread.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let it go...
Next question.

I repeat:

Originally Posted by Dude

Of course, those numbers are higher now. Over 25,077 views. Where else anywhere is this topic getting that exposure? Nowhere.

This is slightly off topic, but you seem to have a massive hard on for Regs and TTP for some reason. Just saying, it's old.

I do agree on your points, though, and if what Cloughie says is true, it is more than a dead horse now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0