Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Draw MEN 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The point is, is that the the format (schedule) was set out months ago when the FVSL were awarded the semi-finals. You don't change a tournament mid stream even if the tournaments duration is over a 4 weeks. For example, if the Island is to host the BC finals next year and there are two lower mainland teams in the finals can the two teams partition to move the game to the mainland? Bcsa should have spelled this out at the start because there is always a possibility for this to happen in a random draw. If the format is to be changed then it must be done before the tournament starts. Peace Arch have put a lot of effort into hosting the B.C. semi-finals with the knowledge of there being four games, (imagine the atmosphere around the park with 2 games going on side by side along with the Island teams and there fans).Bcsa wants to grow the sport yet they continually make the wrong moves.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The point is, is that the the format (schedule) was set out months ago when the FVSL were awarded the semi-finals. You don't change a tournament mid stream even if the tournaments duration is over a 4 weeks. For example, if the Island is to host the BC finals next year and there are two lower mainland teams in the finals can the two teams partition to move the game to the mainland? Bcsa should have spelled this out at the start because there is always a possibility for this to happen in a random draw. If the format is to be changed then it must be done before the tournament starts. Peace Arch have put a lot of effort into hosting the B.C. semi-finals with the knowledge of there being four games, (imagine the atmosphere around the park with 2 games going on side by side along with the Island teams and there fans).Bcsa wants to grow the sport yet they continually make the wrong moves.

i agree.... if its a money issue.. then maybe the bcsa brass should consider a salary rollback to compensate the clubs travelling issue..

The problem with BCSA is their addiction to mediocrity!

Capitano

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter vs. Peg Final on the Island, Inter vs. Surrey U. Final on the Island, Columbus vs. Sapperton,semis on the Island. Columbus vs. Fireman, Final on the Island. BC soccer told us to suck it up. Now after all this time they allow this. I hope they remember this for next season when 2 mainland teams have to go to the Island.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter vs. Peg Final on the Island, Inter vs. Surrey U. Final on the Island, Columbus vs. Sapperton,semis on the Island. Columbus vs. Fireman, Final on the Island. BC soccer told us to suck it up. Now after all this time they allow this. I hope they remember this for next season when 2 mainland teams have to go to the Island.

why not a simple protest by all four teams?

where is the solidarty ?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU vs Westside semi in Nanaimo... it's a wind up for sure...

lookinsideurface

Mar 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a Gorge player here is our view.
We are happy with road trips to the mainland and have not been "asking" for it to be moved to Victoria. If it is in Victoria, there will be a ton of people and a great atmosphere....plus the travel costs will be minimal. If it is in Vancouver, still a great atmosphere with both Semis back-to-back and a busride as well!! Also good for Vancouver and Victoria teams to see each other play..... especially if they meet in the final.
Either way, maybe in the future BC Soccer could make decisions that if both teams are in the semis from the same league, they can host their own game.
In the end, hope this decision comes down within the next day or two. Big difference playing on the Mainland on a grass field compared to playing in Victoria on Bays turf field.
When is decision time?

Capitano

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a Gorge player here is our view.
We are happy with road trips to the mainland and have not been "asking" for it to be moved to Victoria. If it is in Victoria, there will be a ton of people and a great atmosphere....plus the travel costs will be minimal. If it is in Vancouver, still a great atmosphere with both Semis back-to-back and a busride as well!! Also good for Vancouver and Victoria teams to see each other play..... especially if they meet in the final.
Either way, maybe in the future BC Soccer could make decisions that if both teams are in the semis from the same league, they can host their own game.
In the end, hope this decision comes down within the next day or two. Big difference playing on the Mainland on a grass field compared to playing in Victoria on Bays turf field.
When is decision time?
Totally agree with 2 teams staying home to play each other. Just wish they would have done this a long time ago. Playing in the Finals vs. fireman couple of years ago would of made more sense and would of been a bigger crowd if it were played here on the mainland.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
and we wouldn't have had to play on a shite field, in Nanaimo where the grass is two to three inches higher that the turf inside the 18. I'm totally cool with league teams staying at home as long as this sets a precedence. 29

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Peter. Sorry. But a lot of people are suggesting that BC Soccer repeat past mistakes again just because they did it in the past, and that is never a recipe for progress. This years set is a step in the right direction, and hopefully they will continue to employ this type of common sense. I say they finally got it at least moreso right.

Sir M.

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Peter. Sorry. But a lot of people are suggesting that BC Soccer repeat past mistakes again just because they did it in the past, and that is never a recipe for progress. This years set is a step in the right direction, and hopefully they will continue to employ this type of common sense. I say they finally got it at least moreso right.

Sir M.

Hey, I may be totally out to lunch on this one but the point I'm trying to make is that it should not be made mid tournament especially when a lot of time and effort was put in by Peace arch to organize the Semi-finals. Just play this year out and change it for next year.

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
for the futbal fans a big disappointment not having the game hosted by fvsl, esp since they were awarded the games. i understand why [i think], but if the semi's were say awarded to kamloops then what.......fans no matter where.....want and deserve better than the decision to change a game based on too much travel. [forget the cost its truly minor in the bigger picture] BC soccer shud move the game back to south surrey no question.....

lookinsideurface

Mar 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, I may be totally out to lunch on this one but the point I'm trying to make is that it should not be made mid tournament especially when a lot of time and effort was put in by Peace arch to organize the Semi-finals. Just play this year out and change it for next year.

Totally agree that changing it half-way through is not fair to the organizing city. I know if we host on the Island we have to pay for and book the fields in advance...so cancelling would upset the bank books there.
Whatever the decision.... it has to be made ASAP. Do I have to pull out my 6-studs from the closet....? dust off the cobwebs from Powell River trips of old? Been a while since I have slid on grass...miss the burns!! :wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's one to ponder, gentlemen, before jumping all over this is the way it is supposed to be done bandwagon.......

I heard if Chelsea and Arsenal qualify for the final, they are going to move it from Rome to Wembley because both teams are from London. It makes sense after all. People complained when the two English teams had to go to Russia last year so they figured if it happened again, they would correct this error and save lots of money. Fcuk the people of Rome who have organized it.

Hmmmmmmm, does this sound familiar?

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
why not a simple protest by all four teams?

where is the solidarty ?

Well, that would require someone to actually get off their ass and do something about something. Why stand up and say that this is wrong when you can sit behind your keyboard and moan about it? After all, isn't that what TTP is all about? A solid contribution to the game; just ask Regs.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's one to ponder, gentlemen, before jumping all over this is the way it is supposed to be done bandwagon.......

I heard if Chelsea and Arsenal qualify for the final, they are going to move it from Rome to Wembley because both teams are from London. It makes sense after all. People complained when the two English teams had to go to Russia last year so they figured if it happened again, they would correct this error and save lots of money. Fcuk the people of Rome who have organized it.

Hmmmmmmm, does this sound familiar?

...ya, because that's a comparable scenario...:rolleyes:
Surely, you're TTP?

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone consider the fact that maybe the decision was made by BC Soccer before the start of the tourny and they just didn't tell those on TTP:rolleyes:

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone consider the fact that maybe the decision was made by BC Soccer before the start of the tourny and they just didn't tell those on TTP:rolleyes:

You have completely missed the point.

What is upsetting to most is that Peace Arch United did a lot of organizing based on the assumption that they/the FVSL would play host to two semifinal games. I am sure that aside from money, a lot of time and effort were put into making this a great event. For BC soccer to announce off the cuff that they were going to play in Victoria is nothing short of a slap in the face of those who toiled.

Whether this is a step in the right direction or not is completely irrelevant for this year's tournament. Make that step next year. I am astonished at the lack of professionalism. For a beer league tourney moves like this are fine but not for BC's governing soccer body.

Govern yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0