Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Draw MEN 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
the ACBC - Norvan write up is wrong.

Chris Kyd scored the first goal. Abu Hussein gave the ball away in the 94th minute to allow Norvan to tie it ,and then scored the winner in 2xOT.

And it wasnt so much of a deflected into his own net as it was, tried to beat the striker as last back, giving him an open net to shoot at.

WHAT!? Azzi make mistakes in the writeup!? Not possible KJB.

:p

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
And the Chris Kyd goal was actually scored by Jon Sotelo as it hit him in the chest on the way in.

darkmeat

Apr 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
shamrock,
in my opinion...
if someone rips a ball at my arm from maybe a couple feet away -no penal.
if someone rips a ball at my arm from more than a few feet away, and i had time to move my arm- penal!
i would just prefer that games are decided on skill, etc rather than handballs and pk's.
i saw an acbc defender in the norvan game defending in his box with his arms behind his back. kudo's to him for being aware and careful, but is that what we really want?
as long all the refs try to call it the same way, and its the same for both teams, i don't have a problem.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shamrock,
in my opinion...
if someone rips a ball at my arm from maybe a couple feet away -no penal.
if someone rips a ball at my arm from more than a few feet away, and i had time to move my arm- penal!
i would just prefer that games are decided on skill, etc rather than handballs and pk's.
i saw an acbc defender in the norvan game defending in his box with his arms behind his back. kudo's to him for being aware and careful, but is that what we really want?
as long all the refs try to call it the same way, and its the same for both teams, i don't have a problem.

totally understand what you're saying, Darko. As long as the arms are not being used as an extension of the body on purpose......the other thing I've seen players try to do is purposely flick the ball into the arm because it is 'just outside' the plain of the body.....would never call that as a ref. Unfortunately, this will always be a judgment call but the referee should let the players know before the game what he deems a handball and what he doesn't, of course, according to the laws of the game. :) We'll have to get to the Flying Beaver at some point again......with rear view mirror in hand. :D Nutmegs and KVALE 7 will hopefully come along too. :)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally, I am a big fan of hitting the beaver whevever possible. Lately the beaver has been biting back...hoping for a tamer and more understanding beaver this weekend.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally, I am a big fan of hitting the beaver whevever possible. Lately the beaver has been biting back...hoping for a tamer and more understanding beaver this weekend.

Thats not what west coast said:confused:;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where has the comic relief knows as West Coast What? been the last little bit?

I bet he would think this whole Surrey United / Clanbus things was...wait for it...

GAY!

Ahhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.................

professor

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Columbus - Surrey write up is wrong too.
Red card ejections and timings of goals are not in sequence. Makes you wonder who writes these things and what game is being watched?

Guy Smiley

Apr 13, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Besides the Columbus players does anyone really give a rats ass about what happened? You've all been beating this dead horse to the point that Mr Base's posts are starting to look entertaining. Poor officiating has been a staple in BC for years. Of course there is the odd exception.

I read these posts to see trash talking not bitching.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A very good week predicting 7/8 only Norvan lost to ACBC in overtime. This week quarterfinals.

Game 13: Croatia SC vs Coquitlam Metro-Ford Wolves, April 26 at Burnaby Lake West #3 at 2:00 p.m. Wide open soccer last week as Metro Ford scored 6, but gave up 4. Expect them to tighten up defensively this week and rely on their offensive weapons (Aldridge, Rosenlund, Ayre, Valente) to get the win. A close one, that is settled by one goal.

Game 14: West Van FC vs Surrey United Firefighters, April 25 at Ambleside Park 'D' at 6:30 p.m. Game of the week. Surrey will be playing without Big Pete, and West Van is on a quest for a three-peat. I really like the big four of West Van (Dailly, Doddy, Berg, and Shorty), but for some reason the Firemen teams are built for Cup play. Firemen are experienced, savy and have enough offensive talent to squeak this one out. Firemen on peno's.

Game 15: Bays United vs Athletic Club of BC. Don't know much about Bays, but are they don't give much up defensively. ACBC is loaded with talent and Gablehouse has done a great job of getting his guys to play as a team. Defensive wins this one, Bays by one.

Game 16: Gorge FC vs RCIU Legends, April 25 at Hampton Park at 2:30 p.m. Burnham has done a great job with this Ireland team in their inaugural year in Premier since the early 90's. However, Gorge are the defending champs and I don't see them losing at home. Gorge by two.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't quote me.. but I don't think Arye or Rosenlund played last week and Valalente only lasted about half if memory serves. That said, he's majic on a dead ball and rang two free kicks off the bar.

MF
WV
Bays
Gorge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars