Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC All-Stars will be playing a Brazilian Club

SoccerPaper

Jul 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP is a great site, no doubt... but due to its nature (ridicule on the boards, adult/NSFW material, etc), it doesn't meet the market need in some respects. Some people might find it intimidating to come here (even the name, for instance, might intimidate some).

I don't see the Soccer Paper as a competitor to either TTP or bcsoccerweb... I think they all do quite different things. bcsoccerweb collects stories from around the web and links to them, TTP allows a "community" aspect for users to comment/share/catch up on the latest info/network, the Soccer Paper promotes soccer, interviews people (which TTP does as well through the podcasts) and does journalistic research stories on subjects that mainstream media has missed out on.

They're all slightly different. I don't think the Soccer Paper is trying to "force" a market... the market is there, and just like TTP we're filling a hole. Remember, we don't just cover VMSL etc.

eddymondo

Sep 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the dog is getting trained for the next all star game... since he can fitt on the ALL STAR TEAM... keep checking the list and our paper more often.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
there is a miniscule amount of content on TTP that is NSFW, and it is always warned NSFW. I work at a large office with menopausal armies of women that make it their mission to identify internet timewasters etc and they have never uttered a word when they walk up to my desk and see TTP up.

SoccerPaper cannot be a competitor to ttp or the bcshockerwebm is a publication. I said the soccerpaper has it's merits.

The two good things I have seen from tsp is the article on Ghouse from a while back and one other article I remember reading about a brasilian team of note coming here a while back (Cruseiro?)

Whatever the case...TTP usually beats BCShockerweb to links, and usually beats TSP to news stories (VMSL or otherwise) and if we missed it, it probably doesn't matter.

Ridicule on the boards!? It is called Take The Piss for crying out loud, read Regs solitary blog entry on that topic.

Soccer/Football/Futbol is a cooler culture, and TTP is a very reflective virtualrepresentation of that very thing...

funnily enough, the guys that linger after the match probably too long with the bevvys are the exact same guys on TTP, coincidence, I think not... ;)

SoccerPaper

Jul 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wasn't complaining about the ridicule on the boards... I just said it might make the site less mainstream, that's all...
;)

*sigh.
I can take it.

SoccerPaper

Jul 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

SoccerPaper

Jul 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Better Translation:

Corintians of Caico Head to Canada

The Corintians of Caico embarked this morning on the first leg of their first international trip. The team will participate in an international tour featuring local teams in Vancouver and presentations at universities in Canada. In the early afternoon, the group met for lunch in a restaurant in the city of Natal, and then left to the Augusto Severo International Airport to board the plane that led to the city of Sao Paulo. The team will depart at 2200hrs.

At the airport waiting to baord, the players were taking pictures and playing soccer with each other, demonstrating their very anxious mood in this new experience. many of the them are travelling to the outside world for the first time, as is Alison, a player who is native to the city of Arez and is only 19 years old.

Brazilian trip organizer Solomon Baptista came to the airport visibily excited to lead the team to Canada. Solomon emphasized that it had been difficult to make the trip and that their passports had only just been handed to him, with the Canadian visas arriving yesterday (Sunday). He said, "We have succeeded in achieving a miracle. We received 22 passports and now we can leave with this team, which took US $57,000 to create. A miracle happened," said the entrepreneur, with tears in his eyes.

Besides taking the team to another country so that the players gain more visibity, Solomon reveals his intention to bring Canadian athletes to train and learn to play football in Caico. "Our expectations are very high. We know that we are a small team going into a country that is developed and has no tradition of football. Brining players to our state is a project for well into the future."

The delegation is going through the unusual situation of featuring a player goach, Humberto Cardoso da Silva (Betinho), with the aid of physical trainer Marcio Ferreira. The chairman of AC Corintians of Caico, Gurgel Rogerio da Silva, is also accompanying the team during the trip.

The rest of the team is: dham Eristh Bonaventure Vincent, Alison Medeiros do Nascimento, Diego Aparecido Ferreira Oliveira, Ducivan Nascimento de Souza, Everton Wanderley Cosme dos Santos, Francisco Magno Gondim de Medeiros, France Sandro Francisco da Silva, Hugo Bruno de Azevedo, Humberto Cardoso da Silva, Isaac Keys Adonias, Joao Luiz Tavares, Julio Palmeira de Morais Neto, Kairo Weshley Figueiredo Dantas, Lenilson Estevam dos Santos, Marciel Luiz da Silva, Murilo de Lucena Roberto Santos, Thiago Oliveira da Silva and Marcos Teodoro. Betinho takes over as coach after Betinho the resignation of Reginaldo Souza, who left the command of the team to be candidate for councilman in the city of Paraibana Itaporanga.

For Betinho, acting as player-coach of the team was an unexpected situation, but he does so with the support of physical trainer Marcio Ferreira. "Marcio stays off the field and has a good look at the team and if I have to leave during the game, I can stay out and look at the boys," said Betinho.

Betinho explains that only 18 players could go on the trip due to financial limitations. "I chose the players who formed the most balanced team," he said. "If you had four in the same position, I cut some to make the team more balanced."

The commander of the Corintians showed his belief that this is the first international journey for a football team from the state, which has left many players very anxious. For the player, the expectation is that the team shows the values of the northeast, which means that Canadians will get to see that the team is capable of playing beautiful football and giving good results, returning from Canada with a great experience. "We're not going to toy around, we're not going to walk. Our intention is to show that we are a team capable of representing Brazil very well," says Betinho.

Regarding the difference in climate between Brazil and Caico, Betinho said that the players are taking their own clothes to withstand the cold. He believes the temperature will be well below what the athletes are accustomed to, around 14 degrees. He does not expect this to disturb the Corintians' play and the team will return with excellent results. The Corintians should arrive on Canadian soil today. The first stop will be the city of Toronto, where the group will follow a flight home to Vancouver.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC All Stars, Gorge FC, Chiliwack Premier, last I heard the 4th wasnt set in stone, they are also running training camps for at least 3 youth districts.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just trained with the Brazilian guys,(more like watched em train ) all I can say is WoW.
What focus they have even in training. I have learned so much so far and its been a treat to hang out with these guys. Just so you know we do have guys here and lots of them who have skill equal to most of these guys for sure,,whats different is how they know what each other is doing with and without the ball . Its like second nature or another sence they have to read and see the feild. Like Gretz did in hockey with the oilers. Their first touch is amazing and really thats when they move the ball,,no one really dribbles, just touch and gone..and always to where a teammate is. so smooth.so fast.. Cant wait till Thursday where Ill be havein a cold one and watchin my new friends play the game I love.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC All Stars, Gorge FC, Chiliwack Premier, last I heard the 4th wasnt set in stone, they are also running training camps for at least 3 youth districts.

Chilliwack Premier? Those cnuts knocked me out of the fcuking survivor pool in the first week. I hope they get destroyed by the Brazilians......:D

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilliwack?? not really sure if your info is correct,there was talk of the guys heading out to the valley to do a youth clinic and mabee playing a friendly with someone but nothing was confirmed..
They do have a few days of down time and we are looking to book some more clinics and mabee friendlies to go along with the clinics,,We did one last night in Surrey and then right over to Burnaby West turf.
It was the first time the guys from Brazil played on turf,,LOL it was to funny to see them walk on the field,and to watch them get up after takeing a tumble ,brushing off the little black rubber things from themselves.
They actually said they enjoyed the speed of the turf game and how true the ball moved..AND did they move the ball..ACBC played a super short scrimage with them and all I can say is Im glad it was super short. In 30 minutes they never not once turned the ball over from a bad pass. Scored 3 on us in that time and we mustered 3 shots from distance.
The Clinic with them before was awsome as we learned a few new drills but best of all to train with a group of guys at this level you see how important training is and how focused you must be to get what you are supposed to out of a training session. They made each and every player feel apart of their team and inter mixed everyone in all the drills so you felt ,,well you felt like a better player. Afterall you do play to the level that is on the field.
A great night as we trained from 8pm till midnight and no one left early.
Tonight 7pm Swangaurd, Come see for yourself..oh and buy me a beer cause i earned it.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GHouse, does this mean we can expect to see ACBC make a run for provincials this year?
The Clinic with them before was awsome as we learned a few new drills but best of all to train with a group of guys at this level you see how important training is and how focused you must be to get what you are supposed to out of a training session.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0