Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC All-Stars will be playing a Brazilian Club

SoccerPaper

Jul 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't want to sound too promotional, so I won't include any ticket details or anything, but a VMSL/FVSL/PCSL All-Star team will be playing against the Division 1/Series C Brazilian soccer team AC Corintians on September 11th at Swangard.

The All-Star team will be:
Yaw Osei - ACBC
Brando Ciccone - Metro Ford
Tino Cucca - ICSF
Mike Gomes - Sporting FC
David Zaharija - Croatia
Justin Atwal - Akal FC
Jasdeep Toor - Van. Olympics
Corrado Lenzi - Peace Arch
Mark Gomes - Sporting FC
Ryan Dormer - Sporting FC
Eddy Amadeo - ACBC
Venton Atwell - ACBC

(This is an incomplete list of players).

Coaches are: Ahcene Adlani (Adlani Football Academy) and Kash Sandhu (Akal).

How do you think the BC team will do?

Which players should we have chosen for the all-star team who we missed?

(In the interest of full disclosure, The Soccer Paper are the organizers of this trip... more info is on our website, soccerpaper.com... AC Corintians are from a poor corner of Brazil, and we are bringing them over as a good-will gesture and celebration of the club's 40th birthday, and in recognition of the city in which our paper's founder was born, and to give local players a chance to play against quality competion. With that in mind, I am not attempting to spam this board... in other words, we'd love the soccer community's cooperation with supporting this event.)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL All-Stars will be playing a Brazilian Club

Not to be critical (he says knowing full well he is), but who the heck picked this team?

Corrado 'played' for Inter last year didn't he?

SoccerPaper

Jul 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Re: Corrado. Yes, he did. The list was made using the teams listed by the players after a practice, so I don't know why he would have written that team down next to his name. You'd have to ask.

As for who picked the team, it was picked by the coaches.

Keep in mind that the list is far from complete... those are only about half the players.

(Also, it's fine to be critical).

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Quite a few ACBC names...where's the Dog?

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

With exception of a couple guys the furthest thing from an All-Star team that I've ever seen.

Even the Delta WFC U-16 team could give these guys a run.

What a joke

4ST OUT!!!!:bronco::bronco:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I wonder if Ghouse has his finger in this pie :rolleyes:

SoccerPaper

Jul 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

If I could comment again. The word "pie" is inappropriate. This is far from a huge bigtime money-making venture. We're selling tickets for the event, but the price is modest, and, considering that we're flying a team in from Brazil, it should hardly be surprising that there are costs associated with this event.

Not speaking on behalf of the paper or the organizers, but from my own personal opinion, I find it odd that some people on this message-board will leap at the chance to bus down to Seattle to watch team Canada play Brazil in an international friendly that IS definitely a huge money-maker (despite the huge mismanagement of the CSA over the years), but are so critical of a grass-roots venture to allow some of our local players to play against a team of a good caliber.

If any of you are skeptical about our intentions, I urge you to pick up a Soccer Paper and look at the content that fills the pages. There is no media outlet, national, locally or anywhere in Canada that is so supportive of local athletes) and local volunteers like this guy, and Howes, from BC Soccer Web).

And, if you are curious, Ghouse is doing the scheduling for the event and helping out with some of the details due to his experience as an organizer. There is no mystical "pie" out there... if there is, I'm sure some large corporations that certain soccer fans are so quick to support already have their fingers in it.

-lucas

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think the criticism (he says knowing full well this is exactly where it come from) comes from you calling a 3 league all-star team when it's clearly, clearly, not. Gomesy's and maybe Dormer excluded.

Other than that... good on you. Fill your boots, but people go to watch 'stars' not a Sunday 5 aside. (he says wonder if his La Roca discount card has just been put through the shredder)

This is a 65 fault.

SoccerPaper

Jul 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

knvb - that's marketing... i just type in the team names as they're given to me.

in other news: the team will also be playing 2001,2002,2008 Provincial Champions Gorge FC in Victoria two days later.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Is that right... You should try some for your paper. Might help.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Corrado got cut from my U-16 Silver team. I dunno....:confused:
;)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

This thread has "VMSL All Stars" in the title...:confused:

Wow.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The real joke is a bunch of guys sitting on the sidelines who have non interest one way or another ripping apart a grassroots initiative.

Clearly it isn't a money making venture. And, if Ghouse is the manager, why would he pick a bunch of guys who may flake out on him? If he chose some of his players because he knows they are fit, ready, willing, and of decent quality to display a skilled game, then why not.

What would you rather have, Stevie Millar in there running over a bunch of poor Brazillian kids?

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rumour has it that Millar has already signed with the Corintians

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

SirM, it's marketing don't you know.

Dude, grass roots? Have your manceptionist book you in for a good shake.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

You would think just once though, eh?

Crap!

:D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'll actually agree with knvb.
1. The misrepresentation is gross. You don't put VMSL allstars in the thread title and then have guys from all over hells half acre there. Is is a lie
2. Marketing the game with a poorly written post on TTP is so unlike anything GHouse does, ususally he has all the promotion engines going fulltime, this doesn't look like Ghouse at the moment, at least IMHO, it very well may be his thing, but it doesn't look like it
3. The Players, it doesn't matter. Like someone mentioned above...players that will show up and be committed is more important than being the real "All Stars" but then do not call them that. Call it team BC or some shite.

On the positive side of the coin, I find it funny that the Soccer Paper and a guy that owns beauty salons and runs a soccer club can get a foreign team here yet the Whitecaps, after promising as much during their season tix drive, cannot

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0