Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC All-Stars will be playing a Brazilian Club

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL All-Stars will be playing a Brazilian Club

Guys, it's a ****ing post title, not a promotional document. Maybe SoccerPaper needs to change the post title to "A bunch of BC guys playing a bunch of Brazilian guys", just to make your feelings hurt less.

KNVB, I had my appointment w/ "Doctor" Paterson yesterday, so I'm not due for another shake for three weeks. Seriously, what would you call it? "Pro"? Certainly not. "Semi Pro"? Still a far, far stretch. What's left? "Guys who aren't quite good enough to turn pro or semi pro"?

If you are really upset about being left out- again- just contact Ghouse, and ask him if the Waterboy / Trainer / Boot polisher position is still open. You have relevant experience.

On another note, I hear Notty is playing.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Did your ASS tell you that? Or are you speaking out of your again?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

It is coming from an ASS of some sort. Probably about as reliable as your chances of starting in an All-Star game.

~ASS.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Here's the team that should be playing this Brazilian team

KNVB ( team Captain )
Sir M
4STGMP
Hands of stone
Johnny bluenose
Bulljive
Kjohnsob

So far... as they are Whining about this so this must be the better team.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

the brazillians dont wear thick enough shinpads for me to play. :rolleyes:

Not good for international relations.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

KNVB will never play in an All-Star game of any kind. He's the Little Richard (and just as gay) of Lower Mainland Soccer.

I am quite sure that whatever respective Master league he ends up in one day will uphold this fine tradition.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sorry, I'm on the shelf with a bad wheel. Or I'd play whack a mole too... ;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Look, the only Brazillian I wanna see is the one on this Brazillian soccer player

NSFW

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Here's the team that should be playing this Brazilian team

KNVB ( team Captain )
Sir M
4STGMP
Hands of stone
Johnny bluenose
Bulljive
Kjohnsob

can i be on the team too? haven't been an allstar ANYTHING since 2001. besides... HOS is to fcuking old. don't want him to break a hip or something.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

JBN - nice video find, tweezers anyone? :D

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

KNVB ( team Captain )
Sir M
4STGMP
Sixfyv and (backup) Hands of stone
Johnny bluenose
Bulljive
Kjohnsob
Dude... on the bus ( groupie )

Their you go!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Why the hell did I get the back up job, I should be giving the same opportunity as knvb for the Water Boy Job.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBk7xTXOPjc&feature=related]YouTube - The Waterboy - Water Sucks[/ame]

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I almost forgot as this team needs fans / groupies.... So Dude can ride on the bus with the team.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Im just the manager guys,,helping out where needed. I was asked to do a few things to help out and I said why not,,It sounds to me like a fun night. Good for soccer and a couple of my guys were chosen to play. I never paid for the tix or picked the team ,I am just helping in the front office because they needed volenteers..
So there you have it..I like what i heard so im helpin out,,I think you all should help out in some way,,mabee support these guys and come watch the game,,easy enough eh?

SoccerPaper

Jul 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

I apologize for the post title. I just put VMSL All-Stars in the title, honestly, because this is the VMSL forum and I didn't want the post to be deleted for "not fitting in the forum."

The team is listed in promotional material as the "BC All-Stars," which may be a bit inflated, but we're certainly not trying to make out that this is a team of "The Creme de la Creme of three leagues." It's a team of players that, as Dude noted, is selected as much for reliability and character as it is for talent. Also, it's tough to get a team together for a game like this and obviously the coaches also chose people who they knew personally. I hope that clarifies things.

Also, as Rich said, he's a volunteer and he's being really helpful with his previous organizational experience... he's not in this for a buck. He's in this to promote soccer.

I agree that people should really consider coming out to the game and supporting local soccer, (and maybe even our paper, if people here care about things like that). The tix are pretty cheap, after all, and we've been doing our best for several years to cover VMSL and local soccer as no other news outlet does, save for bcsoccerweb (which is actually a link source, not a news source).

As for this post being poorly-written in the first place -- try staying up all night publishing a newspaper and then writing a forum post! ;)

Anyways, I'm off to look at some of the other threads now and stop self-promoting! ;)

Also, maybe after seeing that interview I did with Richard Howes, Regs will realize that I was serious about my request last year to interview him for our paper and take me up on the offer!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've changed the thread title and moved it to the appropriate area.

Posts don't get deleted on TTP, just ridiculed and moved when time permits to the proper area... unless of course the same poster keeps doing it which results in a bit of a TTP time out.

As for an interview, flattered but no time right now :(

I really should though because it appears you have a misconception on what site in BC provides the most relevant "news" for local soccer... it's not the bcsoccerweb, ask any TTPer :)

Good luck with the game but I'll only attend if Millar is playing, after all, he is the highest paid player in BC...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I really should though because it appears you have a misconception on what site in BC provides the most relevant "news" for local soccer... it's not the bcsoccerweb, ask any TTPer :)
You hit the nail on the head, and it isn't just blind promotion for TTP and Regs,

I know that there was an associate site or maybe still is for youth, but TTP has everything, and does a good job of it.
BC Soccer Web is a link dump. You can find nearly all links he provides in the discussion boards here, as well as the new Links feature here. Any schmuck could spend 30 minutes every morning surfing Sky Sports News, the Beeb, Soccer.com, Goal.com, Big Soccer, etc and compile a "news" Link dump site.

His site is clean and well laid out, but that is pretty much it.
The Classifieds are good there, but there is one here, and at other sites like Full Squad and Criagslist etc.
He (Richard) reports often sugarcoated news on the Whitecaps with hardly any teeth if teeth are needed.
Richard is a forum troll of the highest order on the V's board and rarely comments on matches and play, but merely the fan experience or weighs in with his often unwanted $0.02 on CSA, BCSA, and Management debates and discussions.

From what I have seen of the Soccer Paper it looks like a worthwhile endeavor and cause, however the local community is what it is. The members and players that are interested and give a toss about reading their own publicity and goings on of the community need only look here. Trying to create a market need is a lesson in futility.

I don't mind the Soccer Paper at all, in fact I have enjoyed it when I have picked it up...But I am a local soccer nerd, I love it, hence my involvement on TTP. I would humbly suggest that aside from the (shot in the dark) 5-10% of senior soccer players that care, that post and lurk and read here, nobody else cares and would not go out of their way to pick up a Soccer Paper if they could simply surf here and see what is going on.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0