Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC All-Stars will be playing a Brazilian Club

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Visl website was correct. 1-0 Gorge. Definitely not in the possession category but it was a fun game to be a part of. Thanks for the opportunity! Good warm-up game.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not a word of a lie,,Brazil controled over 75% of the play,vs Gorge ,mabee even over 85%,,crazy they couldnt score,,There was 10 minutes where Gorge never touched the ball,,Way different Brazil team this time,,Jet Lag wore off I guess,,But absolutely no finnish...I even said "watch one shot from Gorge will win this" and bang thats what happened,,Still Gorges defence played really well and they hung on for dear life to the bitter end..Another wicked game to watch,,We are now working on a few more friendlies before the team heads home next week..Ill keep you all posted so you dont miss them cause they are a treat to watch.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I personnally wanted to thank La Rocca and Lion for treating the Brazilian team for a vantastic lunch...
Simply awsome food..Thankyou so much, as feeding 24 guys is tuff..And great food for that many guys is even tuffer to find.
Its been the food highlight of the trip for the guys for sure..
So Thankyou again and I will be a regular there now too as the food is really that good.
Thanks for your Support

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta say, Lion does do his old man proud w/ the fine work at the restaurant. His staff treated my staff first class at a little retirement party earlier this year. One of the few places where service exceeds expectation.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
If your board this Wednesday night ACBC will be playing a friendly vs the Brazilians at 9pm Bby 8rinks Turf.
Haveing some fun with our new friends before they leave.
No beergarden, just a late night kick around. Yes its a real game just no hype around it as we have trained with them a few times and figuared we should have a real match.. (were doing it so we can trade kits after the game) LOL (most of you should get that)
ps .they have stolen our mittens too.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jonny if your comein please disguise your beverages,you know how anul (it a good thing) Bby Parks guys are.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lucky him,,I wish I was there with him,,We got smoked,,2-0 at half and we came out strong and made it 2-1, Things were looking good and then,,well we ran out of gas. I should have made some subs and put fresh legs in. One of their guys snuck in behind our line and Eddie halled him down for a Red Card. Playing short and not in shape they got 5 fricken more before we knew what hit us. We fell apart fast against a very fit great team. I know we learnt a few things from this so not all was lost. And we did pretty good for the most part. But subs in my opiniun might have saved the disappointing final score.
Great team they are and really nice guys.They now move onto Penticton for the Weekend. Clinic and Game.

deaner

Feb 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
This has been a great post, rather the best TTP discussion in long while, looking forward to the Brazilians coming to Penticton. They are doing a clinic for 100 kids, going for a meal at the local Portagees Sporting Club, then playing an allstar (good forbid I use the word) Youth team (U18) all for the betterment of the game and to show some South American technique.
Do the Zilians have a pint or two after the games? We have a rep to maintain.

deaner

Feb 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our Club, the PSC, not the kids. Penticton Soccer Club does Senior Soccer, Youth is the South Okanagan Youth Soccer Association (SOYSA). We did not get our Senior Guys to play as we had some short notice.

deaner

Feb 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey your right, not a drop.

Great bunch, had them doing a youth clinic for 100 kids and all of the players were great with the kids. Penticton only managed 400 people to watch with two days notice and you should have seen the Penticton Coach, he is from England but has not recently seen classy ball like that. The only hick up was when the lights went out with less that 3 minutes to go, made for a quick and messy exit for the fans.

All in all, a first class organization and a great time was had. 5 nothing for Brazil but our young team gave them a good run and we did have some chances but....5-nill says it all.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey deaner... how would our fat bastard penny tournament team have fared against them?

make the ball do the work, boys... make the ball do the work...

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took the guys to the Airport today to send them home,,Tears were rollin down alot of faces,,You know none of the guys spoke any English yet because of our common love for the world game we became as close as any could in the 2 weeks that they were here. At great costs we had these guys travel a great distance to share with us what they new of this great game we play. I have never met a team with so many polite young men. Well behaved,honest and thankful. I personally have learned so much about the game from them and I hope to pass on what I have learned to as many as possable.
I also found out from them that we Canadians are way better, player for player than many coaches and people in the game here say we are.
The difference is how we play the game. Attitude towards the game. and a few other things I hope to share with my team first before letting you all know. LOL.
This exsperiance was truely a joy for me.I would and will do it again for sure.
This trip was so overwhelming for a few of them that they have stayed behind to become Canadians themselves.
After the WhiteCaps saw 20 year old 6'4 keeper 'Diego' play a couple of times,They invited him to train with the locals a couple of times. They since have asked Diego back for a formal tryout in January. (He Accepted)
Welcome to Canada guys, May you live the Canadian dream, what ever that is.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty cool stuff Ghouse! Hopefully the players that do stay behind and become Canadian citizens don't fall into our style of play.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess Ghouse just hired a few people for his salon that know how to give a BRAZILIAN!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty cool stuff Ghouse! Hopefully the players that do stay behind and become Canadian citizens don't fall into our style of play.

It would also be nice if they would put on the Canadian colours if they are that good of a player. It would be nice if players wanted to play for Canada instead of some other country that thier grandfather was born in.

Ghouse, what is the Secret to success?

Is it the passion for the game, like what us Canadians have for Hockey?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes plus Hard work,Commitment, and plenty of $$. Used in the right places.
If we wanted to become a soccer power we could. The US is doing it. Countries with alot less money and resources and a smaller population than us are doing it. So no doubt we could become a country that qualifies for the world cup.
Canada Soccer is the main reason we do not do well. We have tons of young soccer players in this country who could grow into great players.
Our kids teams do great when traveling anywhere to tournaments. (Sweden,Texas,Florida for eg)
But the politics and regions being so far apart hold our young future stars back.
Man we all could talk all day on how we could improve soccer in Canada and what is rong with it now but to tell you the truth I just dont have the time to beat this dead horse. I personally am just going to stick to my team and dream about liveing in some country where soccer matters,,Not where they cheer for being great at a sport that only 6 counties really,play.(more people play cricket than hockey)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0