Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC All-Stars will be playing a Brazilian Club

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SHould be a great night of football. Beautiful night for the beautiful game.

Excited to go watch, the local team looks decent, with i believe Jomo, Sulentic, Cucco, the Gomes, Dormer, and some color from ACBC. Its always tough though , when you shake hands with eachother a week before the game.
"4-4-2, go get em boys" against a pro team that plays daily, has tactics and travels together" (and have brasilian blood in the veins)

GHOUSE,
I know what your saying, I played against the last brasilian team that came a couple years back. They are so quick and smooth, tic, tac, movement off the ball was awesome. They knew exactly what each other were doing. Clock work.
They killed us 4-0, could have been 8-0 if Didar didn't come up with some big saves.

This time should be better though. Better venue, better local team.

No La Rocca discounts were handed out,... ever..
I helped out last time, and stepped up when he needed a bit of leadership. Also found him some decent players last minute when others sold out. As well as I promote the game locally on the drive here, in a positive manner.
So he wanted me to help out again. As well as have tickets sales on the drive if needed.

see some of you tonight!!

Forza Vancouver somewhat all stars!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go La Rocca All-Stars, when you put it that way Lion, you make everyone else on here wish thay could get a game in tonight.
Good Luck
hos

NOVA

Jan 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-2 Draw
Good game tonight. Crowd of about approx.800 people. VMSL BC All-Stars actually looked pretty good (in the 1st half)with good ball movement vs Brazil. 15th minute - a nice pass from Dormer to Sulentic for the 1st goal of the game. Minutes later I don't know who but a BC player was hauled down in the box for a penalty. Sulentic to take it .... goalie got a piece of it off the crossbar and out. 2nd Half - Sulentic on a breakway from center, laid it off to Cucca to finish off Brazil 2-0. But... subs (young guys) started to roll in for BC and things got scary as Brazil came at BC for the last 25 minutes very hard. Basically, Brazil tied the game with last kick of the game on a goal mouth scramble. Brazil did hit the crossbar about 4 X

They play Gorge on Saturday...Gorge should win.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hats off to the BC team who came out hard and played awsome,,Brazil held the ball and BC had the quick counters. Great game to watch. 800 was the correct count,to bad more of you didnt see this game it was worth every penny. Brazil looked different than the other night but settled in late. They just couldnt find the back of the net,so many crossbars. Way to go team BC,,ps they played like AllStars for sure.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Starting line up was I beleive,
Erman in Goal,
-------
Jesse Dhami, Gomes, ACBC player, Akal Guy,
------
Dave Zaharia, Jomo, Sulentic, Tino Cucco,
------
Sheldon Maistry, Ryan Dormer

Vancouver played well first half, with the starters in. The Brasilian team was much smaller, but a little quicker, and obviously play together.
The first goal was a great set up by Dormer to Sulentic.

On the P.K. Sheldon got taken down in the box from a great through ball from Jomo i believe. It could have been 2-3 nil in the first half for us.
The Vancouver midfield played very well, creating lots in the first.

The game changed a lot as the second half Vancouver got there whole bench in with all 9 subs. But still created a few chances.

It was a great night. Pints were flowing. Luckily Ghouse got involved last minute to help out on so many levels.

Gorge should run over these kids. Average height for them must be around 5'8" or 9". No Joke.

Too bad there are so many haters out there that can't come and support local events like this for whatever reason. Especially with all our local "all stars" that we all know and play with in the line up.

After playing Chilliwack and Gorge, those kids are going to need a couple weeks off in Rio (mike in brazil style) to recuperate. Good luck to them and there legs.

LION

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Define "haters" Lion.

Because with a crowd of 800, it sounds like it was a good turnout?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would say 800 or so would be a good turnout, simply because other than the TTP postings and a conversation between myself, JC Sr., Guinness, Whistleblower, KJohnsob, and Ghouse at the ACBC v PAU game last weekend I didn't hear a single thing about it on the TEAM1040, or TV or anywhere else.

I would have been there for sure if not for my excellent decision to close on purchasing a new house and having the closing 1 day after a ten day trip in Maui :rolleyes:

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks to Anklebreaker I went I watched this match. The Brazilian side was young (I'm guessing reserve or U21 at best), having said that they do play and train together on a regular basis. The brazilians contolled most of the possession, but the Allstars capitalized on the counter and were much more physical than the brazilians.

Man of the Match (IMO) - Tino Cucca - played very well, scored a goal and applied constant pressure in trying to close down the brazilian ball control.

I hope Joe Sr. was watching.........might have found a new position for Anklebreaker!!

Best part of the game was halftime.....that young kid can sure juggle a ball!! Even took his shirt off while balancing the ball behind his neck. Then proceeded to put his shirt back on while balancing the ball behind his neck. I wonder if he can play?!?!

Gilly

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if there were 800 there. I was thinking a few hundred max.

Regs,
Maybe the word hater was a bit strong. But many people I asked to come or told about the game, simply didn't have much enthusiasm or positive things to say about it.

dissing the marketing of it,
dissing some players chosen,
dissing the cost of the game,
dissing whom chose the team,
dissing the time of year it was being played (with our season kicking off)
that it wasn't B.C. soccer sanctioned etc..

To be honest, I can go on for much longer, as you have seen before.

Like when I tried to get a crew of people down to watch Canada vs Brasil in Seattle. Half my friends who love the game, and say soccer is there favorite sport. Didn't give two shits about it. NOt a little excited. at all.
Half the Canadians were wearing brasil colors. But you think these guys who play and love the game think its too expensive to watch one of 42 Canucks home games for over $100 a ticket.

These events are a treat for us local fans and players. We barely ever get to see this type of soccer being played. But when it does happen, where is everyone.

Come on now.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear what you are saying Lion, but at the same time, people only get upset when they themselves try to put something on.

How many involved with this venture were at the BC Provincial finals out in Chilliwack this past May?

How many TTP Premium Members are there? Not what one would hope, even with free boots available - for less than $3 a month...

It is what is.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lion,

I had school work to do last night and I'm no hater. My comments were just a crack at Ghouse as I thought this was take the piss. On your other tangent I had whitecaps tickets for about 3 years and have definitly done my bit in coming out to watch local soccer events. Honestly watching Canada isn't a huge priority for me, they are shite and an embarrasment and I rather go watch local kids play soccer at the park. It's take the piss people shouldn't post things here if they don't want a few smart ass remarks.

NDFC still holding a spot

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljive, Regs,

Word.

My comments are no crack at anyone on here. If anything, you guys are the ones doing something and I am sure supporting the game. Just by being a part of this online forum.
I didn't put it on. But I understand both what you guys are saying.
Its tough in this country I guess.

Total Side note, I love the "it is what it is".
Just a few nights ago, having laughs with that line, as that is the ultimate line to use when you don't wanna discuss something or hear someone rant. Its the best shut down line EVER. love it. Use it with the ladies. They have no where to go with it after.

Regs, no ttping here. It is what it is, is huge right now.

another one, "especially with gas prices these days". You can work that one in any conversation. Even if gas prices don't connect with the convo at hand, people feel it.

SoccerPaper

Jul 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
CORRECTION TO THE COMMENT ABOVE:
The game was sanctioned by both the BCSA and the CSA. The head referee was Mauricio Navarro, for goodness sake.

ADDITIONALLY, IN RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION:
"How many involved with this venture were at the BC Provincial finals out in Chilliwack this past May?"

I honestly can't say that I was at the BC Provincial Finals, but I have been at the previous BC Provincials for the past 3 years. I have also attended youth tournament finals and every Imperial cup final for the past three years... don't know what you mean by questioning the local involvement/attendance of the organizers.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a rhetorical question in response to Lion's post.

Lion was involved and called out the Haters and lack of support for grassroots ventures.

No harm done.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I honestly can't say that I was at the BC Provincial Finals, but I have been at the previous BC Provincials for the past 3 years. I have also attended youth tournament finals and every Imperial cup final for the past three years... don't know what you mean by questioning the local involvement/attendance of the organizers.

I hope so, you are the SoccerPaper, if you didn't show up, then we would all just call you Paper, who wants to be called paper, then they may try to call you TP?

ON TTP

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
according to the visl web there is a quote of 1 zip gorge...[no confirmation]. also have to provide my 5 inches worth...it certainly has become apparant that support in the way of advertising is not going to happen to the local soccer community unless you happen to be the whitecaps, prob see the same in the rugby side as well. on the other side way way too much talk about the nucks, the only problem with this is as we all know soccer/rugby support the local economy in a massive way...alcohol abuse/dui's/mickeyd drivethrus, etc

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0