Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A Night at the Races

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure ........

Here is the e-mail that was sent to me today......

Hi Stephen

Admission is free and parking is $2.00, it is only included in the clubhouse pre paid dinners. You will be in the homestretch
There is a table reservation charge of $10.00 per table, which I will waive this time usually we only do this if a group pre-orders
party trays, just let me know how appox. how many, I am holding enough seats for 30 right now.

Hopefully, she is telling the truth.......

:wa: :wa:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
no show

Sorry Boys from TTP. I wish I could have made it, family stuff came up....I know you lot are having a great time....:(

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great times

Good to meet more of the TTP family, although it would have been nice to win some money rather than donate $40 to Fraser Downs. At least it wasn't the $80 that KNVB donated. Just a little warning, don't listen to anything the Captain says about the evening. Just let the picture of him with the balaclava over his head do the talking.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highway to hell

Last time I EVER bet on the ponies. I really must be stupid, because I continued to bet after realizing you can't win any money. The point was hammered home when Shamrock and Parkhead both dropped $50 bucks to win $55.00. That's a big risk for a fiver. I actually won a bet tonight and lost $3.20. I won for Fcuk sakes.

Anyway, the drive back to Richmond was Priceless, I had the Captain and Jinky Karaoke show going on in the back seat. I'll never be able to listen to Highway to hell or Ratt's Round and Round ever again without busting a gut. Speaking of busting, How's the finger Captain? I told you to keep all hands and feet inside the vehicle until we came to a complete stop. :D Shamrock decided it would be funny to put on his balaclava and start yelling at pointing at the local Cloverdale birds in the car beside us. He was apparently still pointing and I accidentally closed the window on him. I was laughing so hard I had to pull over to compose myself.

That had to be the best time I've ever had being DD, btw, Jinky after the cops are nice enough to let us through the road block I don't think you're suppose to yell fcuk you pig as we drive away. :rolleyes:

Great night guys. Thanks.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Almost forgot, If you ever get the chance, I highly suggest you play DJ E-Z rock and Rob Base around Captain, The butchered words are enough to make you piss your-self laughing, but the dance that precedes it will make you drop to the floor holding your stomach. :D

Top notch Bursie. Top notch

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It takes two to make it outta sight

Other than the throbbing pain in one of my fingers, I feel pretty good this morning. I had a mixed night in terms of betting , winning $83 one race thanks to an old couple who led me to the promise land. I was in with the 80 year old who was taking our bets. I think the lads were jealous but that is okay, she is only human. It was great to at least get into a photo and of course, it was the horse that we bet $50 to win $5. :rolleyes: Anyway, it was nice to meet more of the TTPers.

One Dart, you take losing money too seriously. I didn't see you smile enough last night. I am very disappointed. Is this the type of teacher you are going to be? I sure hope not.....

Overall, an entertaining night. BTW, I would like to thank Jinky and Parkhead for leaving the Captain in the line at the Foggy Dew, which forced me to walk all the way to the shoc-king Garage Pub. Anyway, a fun night nonetheless......

Captain

BTW, I would like to thank KNVB for driving all around B.C. last night.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Time, not a lot of wins...

KNVB is right about the pay back and about not knowing what we were doing with this kind of horse racing. With so little dough on the favourites, it leads to a lot of dumb exactor, triactor and a stupid couple of superfectas (the order of finish for 4 horses) in races where they were all crap and hadn't won $701 in the past five races!!!! I did better on hedging with place and show bets to at least cover the dumb ones - in part, until the last five races when I was all over the map.

The Captain promised us all a winner in the first five races. First of all this was complicated by the Captain leaving his form at home so he had to get his wife to read it all back over the phone. We sat there waiting for the Captain's pick for the first, with the anticipation of One Dart waiting for the Captain to tell him what video to show next in class. The Captain's pick-- a show bet!!! We all won on that one, just like the Captain said.

He kept some of the best stuff for himself as he won $83 in the second, but didn't tell us!!! Or, was it that we didn't listen? I bet a ton (okay $10 box on a horse the Captain's new found friends own). It did his part but the other fcuker didn't! The Newcastle Australia betting was shite. I put $10 on the favourite so the fcuk could come in fourth as I was too slow to get up there for the local race!!

CDK had a great win on one race - well $120 I believe. And he said he didn't know what he was doing!

Oh, and Ross the HOS in the 5th was a shite bet that many of us bet to show. After the race, when we are trying to find that broken down piece of shite, I overheard someone saying that it was disqualified BEFORE the race! And I had a hunch on this sucker as I had just talked to HOS in the bank and thought it was a sign. I should have known it was not a good sign, when I saw him drive past me after in his fcuking municipal car!! Fast and municipal is definitely an oxymoron.

We didn't see Chuck anywhere. I guess we should've asked the waitress where he was. When we were leaving there were about 10 of the most gorgeous young ones standing around some guy's table, who I couldn't see. Maybe it was the owner, Chuck. When I left, I think CDK and Rovad were betting on the blonde in the black! Gotta got the dough back somehow.

Dude, WTF were you. A short cab ride and all that....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would have loved to go- sounded like fun. To make a long story short, the wife's birthday was Friday, but I was busy with my team getting the shite kicked out of us by Townsend Park out in Chilliwack. Since I wasn't around all day Friday, I decided I would be wise to take my wife to dinner last night, instead of having fun.

:(

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Broke Even

My horses may not have come in, but my 649 ticket has. 4 numbers for $66.70 and and 3 for $10! That about gets me back to break even, not counting food and drinks.

And, Dude, the food was great (not expensive either) and so was the layout in the Homestretch. Also, they don't charge admission to get in. Somewhere at the place, not where we were, was the smorgasbord for $25.

We were sitting in the home stretch at the end farthest from the finishing line. Apparently, Chuck must have thought HOS was coming and we were away from the regulars.

A fun night. I may go again, but definitely you need to follow the horses, trainers, jockies, etc. for more than a 10 minute talk from the Captain.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Captain's Balaclava

It's a good thing the Captain wasn't wearing his balaclava with it covering his face as he was when he was collecting his Newcastle winnings at the end of the night. KNVB likley wouldn't be making the match today with the Carphin goons. The cops would be kicking him instead!!

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's more like it

I must admit that I was a little disappointed at my mentor's antics, or lack there of, at the races. Glad to hear that he did himself proud with his singing. Next time perhaps a tape recorder needs to be brought, that way, KNVB could share with the rest of TTP the musical enigma that is Captain Shamrock. And Captain, you obviously weren't looking hard enough, just ask Parkhead, I was all smiles when our #7 Newcastle won, I guess you did come through on the winner after all. Well done.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart

If your horse at Newcastle came in the 7th, then how come, what I thought was a copy cat bet of $10 on #4 to win- the favourite- came fcuking 4th in the race, and out of the money?

:knvb: :knvb: :knvb:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-Rich Cam (Camluck-Rich Jan) 2.20 0.00 0.00 3158
1-Red Star Emerson (Armbro Emerson-Blazing Sevens) 0.00 0.00
5-Billy The Cheetah (Daylon Marshal-Arianna) 0.00

EXACTOR (2-1) paid 3.40, pool 5847
NO PLACE OR SHOW WAGERING

1 MILE, PACE, PURSE $9,500.
BC BREEDERS 2 YR OLD COLTS & GELDINGS QUALIFYING LEG
Last
Horse PP 1/4 1/2 3/4 Stretch Finish 1/4 Driver Odds Trainer
2 Rich Cam 2 1/2 1/4 1/7 1/7 1/5 29.2 D Jungquist 0.10 D Jungquist
1 Red Star Emerson 1 2/2 2/4 2/7 2/7 2/5 29 T Brown 12.70 B Beelby
5 Billy The Cheetah 5 5/7 4@/7 3/11 3/9 3/12 29.3 G White 8.35 G White
4 Mad N Rich 4 3/3H 3/6 4/13 4/17 4/20 30.4 K Anderson 29.95 A Anderson
3 Burn Brightly 3 4/5H 5/8H 5/16 5/20 5/28 31.4 J Burke 10.45 D Woolley
Time: 29.1, 59.1, 1:27.2, 1:56.4 (Temperature: 9, Condition: FT, Variant: 0

This was the HUGE $50 race that netted me a cool $5.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What wrong with betting 50$ to win five! atleast I finally won something. I gave 95$ to the track last night, hope they spend it well. Thanx to Knvb for driving us all over last night, even through a road block!! that had to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen!!:D and the Captain's yelling my finger my finger just topped it off. Hopefully at the next one the Captain can come up with a couple more winners so the track can give me some of my money back. What the next event boys?

Another good outing with the boys from ttp:)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Upon further review.......

I thought I only drank a couple of pints when I was at the races. Apparently, by the photo evidence, I may have drank a couple of pitchers......:confused:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

That looks about the amount you drank during the last six races, when you donned your mask! It didn't show the pitchers earlier.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I won on two races. One exactor paid out a $12 profit while the other paid out a $94.00 profit. I think I made $70-$80 in wagers and with the food and pints included I broke even.

Nice to meet Reccos and Kurgan (I pictured him much taller) for the first time as well as others...

I didn't notice a camera there.....no pictures of me I hope....:eek:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0