Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [2008 Division 2/3 Cup] Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Squamish is postponed... They are supposed to get 10cm of snow tomorrow morning and then an additional 20-25cm next Thursday!

I sure am glad the league accepted their entry this year :rolleyes:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about that Cup Draw that has there potential cup run setup with home field advantage...That is not going to happen and allow for any continuity in Cup play.

Yeah, that was my point ;)

Even if just this prelim game gets postponed a few weeks it'll screw everything...

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what i gather, the thought was that there were going to be more games postponed this weekend than just that one.

The 3 games at home if they win is just the luck of the draw. I wonder what have happened if they were drawn against us in the league. Friday 9pm in Ladner is a tough one to make if you are in Squamish.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PGR 2 - Lomas 1 OT

0-0 at end of 90, we score one on a deflection top shelf in early OT, Lomas equalize in mid OT, we go ahead with 5 to play on a screw up from Lomas. I can't believe our striker played that mistake - genius.

1st half was pretty equal, 2nd half saw Lomas with possession advantage, but we held our shape well and kept them clear of the 18.

It is what it is - we've won game similarly this year, but will have a test vs. Surrey next week.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So far my Predictons are holding up pretty good - 4 for 4(picking the winners)

PGR 2-1 in a shootout: Actual 2-1 shootout
PCOV by 1: Actual 3-0
Aryana by 2: Aryana 3-1
Rinos trample Bombastic by 3 goals: Rinos 6-0 (Got the trample part right)

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wish we were playing as the team hasn't played an organized game in 20days and with just one makeup left and our cup opponent still to be decided by a forthcoming game that is supposed to be played in Squamish, it could be a while. Hopefully NK will lose today and we can get our last league game in. :D We just don't get numbers out at practice and I am sure the rest of the team are sticking to a Div 2 training regimine of N.A.A(Nothing at all). The one last regret about the forfeit as we were probably in for a nice high scoring win that would have propelled us up a few spots on the Bonefish Combined Rankings

P.S Still trying to dial in golden path for sports action but I will let you know... :D

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish,

I hear you on not playing for a while. Yesterday was our first game since mid-December. The rust was definitely apparent throughout the match. Hopefully we can play a few weekends in a row here on out. Next week we're at Cloverdale Turf I think so we should be a go.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 'B' 4 Yaletown 3

Lots of goals and mistakes but a somewhat entertaining game. The tights on the Yaletown keeper were spectacular.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 'B' 4 Yaletown 3

Lots of goals and mistakes but a somewhat entertaining game. The tights on the Yaletown keeper were spectacular.
Club I finished 80% of their chances, we shot more like 15%. Good hustle by them, and yet another poor day in the cup for us. Not the best weekend for our starting keeper to go on a trip to Malaysia; his absence definitely unsettled us. I can't remember the last time we gave up four goals. Good luck to everyone left in the Cup!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prelims are mostly done, so on to the round of 32...
Bracket available here

Looks like that top part of the draw is the toughest with Rangers FC/NK Hrvat meeting the winners of Green Devils/Cmen Lions

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No surprise really as yaletown always seems to get knocked out of the cup first or second game. I must have cursed their guy I said good luck in the cup to after our last game against them as we were leaving the pitch.:rolleyes::D

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PGR 2 - Meralomas 1 (OT)

Lomas have 3 very strong players - #5 at centre back and centre mids #'s 7 & 8. #8 is about 6'5", strong with good touch and can play...very hard to get the ball off. He was wearing rugby shorts and probably plays #8 or second row for their rugby team as well :eek:

On to Surrey United who are very strong...

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yaletown - Club I

I was at the game. 4-3 final was not really indicitive of play. It should have been more like 7-6 :D CLub I finished there chances well and Yaletown were unable to match. Oggy exaggerates the number of chances but Yaletown did have a PK stopped by the club i keeper. The Yaletown keeper from the first half, besides wearing some spectacular running tights instead of shorts, looked awful on the second Club I goal where he should/could have easily dove and got the ball but ole'd it instead where it then bounced off inside of post and to a club i guy coming in from far side. After being down 3-1, Yaletown came back to tie it up but the winner waas scored about 10 minutes left on a free kick ball from 4o yards or so that was met by 3 Club i guys back post with the keeper rooted to his line and the Yaletown D still at the 18.
The defensive play by both sides was atrocious at times but in the end a fair result as you need to be able to finish chances and defend simple set pieces to win games.

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, we've had a disappointing go in the cup the last two times we've participated. If you'd told me before the match that we would have scored 3 goals, I would have been happy. Full credit to Club I for their opportunistic finishing as they literally scored on 4 of 5 chances. That said, all of those chances came from less than 14 yards out, so obviously we had some defensive breakdowns. As Oggy mentioned, it was our first game without our first choice keeper and it showed through a lack of skill in goal and a lack of cohesiveness at the back, as our replacement keepers were both regulars on the back line all year. Once again, our disappointment mostly comes down to our own lack of finish as we had a serious possession and territorial advantage that we couldn't turn into goals at the rate that was necessary.

And termato, we did manage to win a couple of cup games in a row a few years back... I think this cup brings our all-time cup record to 2-3 :(.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Round of 32:
City FC Rangers 'A' vs NK Hrvat
C-Men Lions vs Green Devils FC
Aryana FC vs East Van Socceroos
PCOV 'A' vs C-Lects FC
Surrey United 'C' vs Point Grey Rangers
Shaheen FC 'A' vs Desmesh FC
Bombastic SC 'A' vs UBC Metropolitan
Unicorns SC vs Cliff Avenue Cobra
Persepolis FC vs Westside Knights
NorWest United vs Norvan Lions
GN Sporting Club vs West Van Royals
Burnaby Fury 'B' vs Punjab Hurricanes 'B'
Club Ireland Hibs vs Cleo's FC
City FC Rangers 'B' vs Douglas Park Rangers

Not a whole lot of interesting match ups yet. Even though I'm picking Slurrey, I think the Power Rangers have the potential to provide the first major upset of this year's cup competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0