Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [2008 Division 2/3 Cup] Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers over NK in Pks.

4 minutes decided nothing, and then the weirdest shootout i have ever been in.

We shoot first and hit post and out. They score. We put it wide, they score, we have it saved.

5 shots in they are up 2-0.

ended up 2-2 after our keeps stops 3 and 5 and they miss net on 4 and we slot both ours. We both make 6 and 7. and then we slot 8 and they miss net for the win.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 1 - PGR 0 (PKs)

Surrey carried the play for most of the game, but we held our shape for the most part and never felt much panic. In the PKs, we scored first, only to have our 2nd shooter be saved and the 2 subsequent shooters miss the net :rolleyes:

In the game itself, Surrey probably missed on 4 or 5 good opportunities and we were nixed on 2 or 3 chances. But in the end the better team on the day won.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 1 - PGR 0 (PKs)

Surrey carried the play for most of the game, but we held our shape for the most part and never felt much panic. In the PKs, we scored first, only to have our 2nd shooter be saved and the 2 subsequent shooters miss the net :rolleyes:

In the game itself, Surrey probably missed on 4 or 5 good opportunities and we were nixed on 2 or 3 chances. But in the end the better team on the day won.

Yup...you would think that holding SU to 0-0 for 120 minutes might give us the edge for an upset in the shootout...but no :(

Thought they were a pretty good team, moaned a bit too much, played physical and had no standouts skill wise. They were there for the taking though.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is the scoop on Squamish FC and the condition of Brennan Field pitch that we play on? Bandcamp, Telay, TooYoungToRetire?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is the scoop on Squamish FC and the condition of Brennan Field pitch that we play on? Bandcamp, Telay, TooYoungToRetire?

Boney M - I missed our game against them but word on the street is they are young, have a couple of good players in the middle, are fit and run all day. They will be tough...but beatable for sure. Unclear on Brennan.

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Yaletown" is a fancy word for the "bottom" of Davie st.

Oggy the only ass that was getting handed to them was yours at your davie street year end party!We deserved to win that game but were not apparently into playin in the round of 16!Hate to admit it but The Rangers are gonna take everyone to school,and are my pick to win the whole Frickin thing!This is a tough one to swallow I played my heart out and cant eat or sleep Damnit!Good luck Ladner youve got one more fan wooooooooooo!Mcdirty out!

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boney M - I missed our game against them but word on the street is they are young, have a couple of good players in the middle, are fit and run all day. They will be tough...but beatable for sure. Unclear on Brennan.

Yeah that about sums it up. They are strong in the middle and have decent strikers. Defence may be a bit weak compared to the rest of their team. They are young and liked the physical game that we also play - it was a fun game against them and I'm looking forward to our rematch.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights over Persepolis 5-0. An extremely slow start coupled with a dozen sitters right at their keeper kept this one closer than it should have been. Nice to see our D man Graham get his leap year header. That is,one goal every four years... and kudos to ex coach Kane for recording his 151st career goal for the Knights. Quite possibly a record for goals scored for one team.
On to face the Lions. CAT teams are always a mystery since we never face them.

Rusty Shackleford

Oct 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the ring rust was quite apparent last weekend in our game but I am glad we came away with the victory. I don't know what game Bandcamp was at but we out chanced them, carried the play and ran round them for most of the game...just no finish. I will give them that the score should have been 5-2 as there were a few defensive break downs on both ends. I have to thank our keeps for saving a big one in the shoot out! Fantastic.

On to next weekend...and playing Demesh? Anyone know anything about this team? Coming from div 3 and moving into the round of 16 means they must be doing something right.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dirty, you were phenomenal in net.

You were unbelieveable on Friday night and pretty much the reason the game went into extra time. Even our goal you stopped the initial shot but we were able to get the rebound past you. It would have been a different year for you guys if you played all season. That was the hardest game we played in all year. You guys outworked for the first half and that is only the 4th time we have been outworked in a half this season. It seemed that you started to tire after the half and we got stronger as the game went on. There some chances unfinished by you guys but a tie owuld have been a fair result in a league game. unfortunately in the cup that was not going to happen and we are very very lucky to get through after missing our first three. Good luck to you guys in the last few league games and next season.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the ring rust was quite apparent last weekend in our game but I am glad we came away with the victory. I don't know what game Bandcamp was at but we out chanced them, carried the play and ran round them for most of the game...just no finish. I will give them that the score should have been 5-2 as there were a few defensive break downs on both ends. I have to thank our keeps for saving a big one in the shoot out! Fantastic.

I was at the game that was 0-0 through 120 minutes. What game were you at? I said you guys were a good team, no standouts, but a good team. Teelay already stated you outchanced us by a few and the better team ended up winning but spare me the 'should have been 5-2' nonsense. If it should have been 5-2 it would have been 5-2 not 0-0 :rolleyes: Tired of the should have been excuses...

PGR had a plan on the day and did a pretty good job with it...just not enough to take the shootout. Like I said, you were there for the taking.

Good luck to SU in the cup.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bandcamp, you guys actually had a strategy of playing for shootouts? That's like the old Point Grey United strategy and makes for the worst games of football possible. Now I'm actually glad SU beat you :p

Rusty Shackleford

Oct 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp, dezza is right the only thing you guys did well is stand behind half and wait for us to come in. nothing like playing against a half court press for 120 minutes. some "plan".

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rusty,

If we were playing for that type of game, why would we be playing a 4-3-3? I mean, if we wanted 10 guys behind the ball, wouldn't a 5-4-1 be more atune to "standing behind half and waiting for you to come in?" By leaving 3 forwards high, we generated quite a few scoring chances and in the 1st half actually controlled quite a bit of the game after weathering your onslaught in the first 10 minutes. In OT, it was mainly one way traffic from your end, but we still held our 4-3-3 formation and you had only a few sniffs at the net. For the most part, we kept our shape very well for 120 minutes. In fact, in one of the best chances on either side, Bandcamp had a shot labelled for the bottom right corner of your net in OT, only to have our striker tip it wide.

We know our strength is in our defensive system and not playing run and gun, sorry if that didn't suit "your" game on the weekend ":rolleyes: . I can see by your post that you guys still haven't stopped whinging since Sunday either ;) Good luck vs a Div 3 club this weekend.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't know if any of theGreen devils read this but our game is starting at 8:30 pm on friday to take into account the time needed for extra time and shootouts if neccessary.

That and the Landing Kitchen closes at 10:30 and this gives guys a chance to phone in an order to be ready when we get there. You know you go somewhere too often when you know everyone who works there by name, you have their phone number on your cell along with your waitress, they always have a table ready for you, and they call to see where you are and when you will be coming by. I gotta quit drinking.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't know if any of theGreen devils read this but our game is starting at 8:30 pm on friday to take into account the time needed for extra time and shootouts if neccessary.

That and the Landing Kitchen closes at 10:30 and this gives guys a chance to phone in an order to be ready when we get there. You know you go somewhere too often when you know everyone who works there by name, you have their phone number on your cell along with your waitress, they always have a table ready for you, and they call to see where you are and when you will be coming by. I gotta quit drinking.

played em a couple times this year before the knee gave out. talented up front and move the ball well. can be had with pressure and man marking on the forward with the long hair put up in a pony tale like a tella tubbie.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0