Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [2008 Division 2/3 Cup] Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
can be had with pressure and man marking on the forward with the long hair put up in a pony tale like a tella tubbie.:D
Charlie is much akin to Oleg from Yaletown. He is their leading goal scorer but there are couple of other players who will put the ball in the net from distance or up close. Take away the space and make them run will be the key to success.

For the GD's to be successful, they will have to match the work rate of the Rangers and capitalize on any early chances.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bandcamp, you guys actually had a strategy of playing for shootouts? That's like the old Point Grey United strategy and makes for the worst games of football possible. Now I'm actually glad SU beat you :p

You took me saying 'we had a plan on the day' and turned it into we were playing for a shootout? I will defer to Teelay's post as he is spot on...we had a game plan and stuck to it. Nowhere would we ever play for a shootout, especially with a 4-3-3 :rolleyes:

The facts are that SU has a bit more talent than we do and we knew going in that sticking to a plan was going to keep it close - which it did.

Again, good luck to SU in the cup :rolleyes:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Demoralizer had to be serviced after the saltspring weekend, i am one of the keepers of it. New tubes, better valves. Works even better now. Not sure the VMSL would appreciate it in the net during a game but depends on the ref i guess.
If we play in the cup i will bring it out.

too bad we didn't play each other.

John was the ref. He would only have complained if we refused to share beer with him. YOu should have seen the look on his face when he asked for a beer after the game and someone threw him a Molson Cold shot. Needless to say he got his actual beer and i ended up drinking said "warm"cold shot. :mad: It almost put me off beer the rest of the night.

i am finding it interesting to see what a team from one of the other groups is like. Our Cat team played a "b" group team and they were terrible. We are worse but they would have been humped by 4 or 5 teams on our side if they had played them as well as a few of the Cat teams i have seen. It was unreal to look them up sunday to see where they were sitting and finding them 3rd in their group. Maybe it was playing on turf that screwed them up but that was one of the slowest games i have ever played in on a turf field. My buddies on the club i hibs get a shot at them on sunday and i would be surprised if the hoop-clad ones don't win that game.

Rusty Shackleford

Oct 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teelay, whatever makes you feel better!

on to bigger and better things

westside on wednesday night....good luck with that! hope you make it through because we're lined up to play in the quarter finals if all goes well. should be a hell of a match! looking forward to it!

Sep 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy,

You were right. We played like shite on Saturday. I would rather have been watching the Nucks game or Superman win the Slam Dunk Competition. No disrespect to your team, but our play on Saturday was not a good indication of the typical level of play in 2B. Your team would undoubtedly avoid the bottom of the standings, but on almost any given day would have no chance to be within 3 goals of the top 6 teams..
I wouldn't blame it on the turf.. I think we just didn't show up, and as usual did the bare minimum to win. We were missing some key players, but what team isn't without a full squad at our level?
Most noticeable difference was the weight difference between the teams. Clearly the CAT division has a steadier diet of cheeseburgers, poutine and Jolt Cola than do the rest of the groups in Div 2... I saw a couple of your players lose 20 pounds in 90 minutes right before my eyes!! You should call up Richard Simmons and let him know...

hajduk

Aug 19, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How does the game on Wedneday look? How good is Westside Rino "B"? Should be intresting a Div.03 team vs a Div.02 Cat team.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Rino 5 - 2 Burnaby Luchadores

The game was much closer than the score line indicates, as we managed to catch them pushing late in the game trying to tie things up. #0 (Reuben) was absolutely outstanding for the Luchadores. He scored their first and setup their second. He could probably play premier if he wanted.... I can't believe he just spent the season in div 3. Anyway, it was a good game and I think these boys will do just fine in Div 2 next year.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Squamish FC vs Norvan JB's - wishful thinking, although I suspect Squamish isn't that strong
Rangers FC 'A' vs Green Devils - Rangers' pk win over NK less than convincing
Aryana FC vs PCOV 'A'
Surrey United 'C' vs Desmesh FC
Bombastic SC 'A' vs Unicorns FC
Westside Knights vs Norvan Lions - Knights' experience helps them edge an equally gritty Norvan side
GN Sporting Club vs Punjab Hurricanes 'B'
Club Ireland Hibs vs Douglas Park Rangers - DPR missing 2/3 Hernandezes to suspension. Are these the "diving mexicans" that were mentioned last year?

Let's go JB's!! I'm really hoping Norvan wins so we don't have to go up to Squamish. Good luck tomorrow Bonefish and don't forget your snow shovel!

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your on glue Dezza!

The Rangers are gonna win it all ,dont let your hate for NK cloud your already clouded sense of reality!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Your on glue Dezza!

The Rangers are gonna win it all ,dont let your hate for NK cloud your already clouded sense of reality!

Mr. McDirty, I don't hate NK. In fact sitting behind the net for the shootouts and seeing Rangers miss the first 3, I was expecting an NK win. Unfortunately your shooters couldn't finish the job... No fault of your own, but since the GD's won 2-0 obviously my evaluation was correct.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What was really less than convincing was our crap play last night.

We were lost and suspect all game. We have been muscling by lately while not playing very well but got exposed last night by the Green devils. Green Devils had 2 or 3 posts and our keeper made a couple of saves on balls behind him. We had plenty of chances on headers but we were just off all night and never really tested their keeper.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy,

You were right. We played like shite on Saturday. I would rather have been watching the Nucks game or Superman win the Slam Dunk Competition. No disrespect to your team, but our play on Saturday was not a good indication of the typical level of play in 2B. Your team would undoubtedly avoid the bottom of the standings, but on almost any given day would have no chance to be within 3 goals of the top 6 teams..
I wouldn't blame it on the turf.. I think we just didn't show up, and as usual did the bare minimum to win. We were missing some key players, but what team isn't without a full squad at our level?
Most noticeable difference was the weight difference between the teams. Clearly the CAT division has a steadier diet of cheeseburgers, poutine and Jolt Cola than do the rest of the groups in Div 2... I saw a couple of your players lose 20 pounds in 90 minutes right before my eyes!! You should call up Richard Simmons and let him know...

Your team was OK but not the div.2 cream of the crop. And for us, we do play similar to our name, Rangers FC, nothing fancy keep the ball away from our end. When I was 20 pounds lighter as you indicated. It would have been davey_bc 3 - DPR 1, ( tough to keep fit at 41 and a family ) so feel fortunate. You wouldn't want to think about playing Div.1 as you guys would get your asses handed to.

And for CI Hibs i recommend marking the short hair/bald guy outside mid. closley with a speedy player to shut him down, as DPR likes to play the ball through him ( he also doesn't back check at all ) Also DPR was crap in the air, even the balls they got there head on went astray. Plan on playing your goal kicks to a flick on to space and have a guy run on (unlike us), you will find that successfull. Good luck to CI, and finish your chances!

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your team was OK but not the div.2 cream of the crop. And for us, we do play similar to our name, Rangers FC, nothing fancy keep the ball away from our end.

Correction, Rangers FC CAT. Our club team seems to have a better work rate and movement. Unfortunate they lost last night to GD. I heard they where just out worked in the end, and gave up the 2nd goal as they pushed forward late. Next year Rangers FC A will probably have some younger talent from the u21, tHey should be tough with a good mix of youth and experience.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Charlie is much akin to Oleg from Yaletown.
As much as I like Charlie, I resent that, Bfish. ;)
Charlie seems to be having a slow season with only nine goals so far, according to their website. Of course, he might get a few more in an extended cup run...

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan Lions 3 Westside Knights 1

Ran out of apple crisp today as we were missing a couple of starters and some key subs. We were not really in the game as they score a chitty one off of our defender early to go up 1-0. A lot of hard work on their part today as they just simply out hustled us and out worked us. They score 2 more through their hard work and I get one late for us splitting the defence and notching it far stick past the keeper. Would have been nice to have tested their keeper as he seemed to be the weakest link or maybe it was the guy in hightop rugby cleats (a real coin toss). Both their centre defencemen played outstanding as they cleared everything that came their way. Norvan played well and fully deserve the win as it's never easy losing I wish them the best and a long cup run. As for team senior citizen we have some promotion issues to take care of with 3 games to go. Good luck Norvan and good game ... all the best ,

The rattler

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
An Average Squamish side 4 - 1 A terrible Norvan JB's. The weather in Squamish was perfect with little wind, warm temperatures and the sun shining down. Things were looking good to get a good run in as we got to the field but problems became evident even before the whislte. The field was covered in Gooseshit that was replacing the grass the birds must have ate up over winter and there more lumps than strathcona. Next up was one our players forgot his card at home leaving us with 1 sub but at least we were starting with 11 players.
Game starts and we are on our heels as the 1month off(thanks C-Lects for the forfeit) was exposed early. We were bleeding in the middle field with our 2 center mids unavailable for todays game and the space given was used by Squamish to attack the back line with numbers. On a breakaway that our keeper came out to meet the ball is kicked and bounces off our keep and then the opposing player and onto to goal for the easy tap in. We get one back after some sloppy play in the Squamish box sees a free ball drilled through the keeper. With things level the play evened out a bit and then evil genie was let out of the bottle. A free kick ball from afar is launched into the 18, our keeper comes out but can't collect it. it bounces around to a Squamish player who gets a weak shot on net. We still have a man on the goal line but the ball bounces past his foot. for the 2-1 lead. Not a big deal but then our sweeper goes leg to leg with a squamish player and gets the worst of it. He hobbles for the remainder of the half and that was it for him. No more subs and we needed them with our lack of stamina. We then give up an own goal to go down by 2 goals as a cross careens of our players torso and eludes the keeper. We are playing horrible kicking the ball up the field and not making any passes. We then go down a man with an injury and a couple of other players get hobbled. Squamish gets the killer 3 goal lead as the space begins to open up for them. We then get a red card on a second yellow offense and that was all she wrote with Squamish converting another of there many odd man rushes. That is the worst display of soccer I have been a part of for some time. Squmish were decent but beatable. We on other hand, know we can play better but have no business being in the cup with that effort.

Sorry Dezza, The goose shite awaits you...

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As much as I like Charlie, I resent that, Bfish. ;)
I thought you would like that. I was not comparing skill to skill but more of the fact that you both are centerpieces for the offense. Anyways...1 more game for us and a very trying season is over.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought you would like that.
Haha, cheers. ;)

I know this is the Cup thread, but our game today was so insignificant that it doesn't really matter if or where I post anything. 10 YFCers showed up to beat 9 Cobras 1-0, with the only goal a first-half penalty. It was nice to get a win in the final game of the season, and we're looking forward to a full six weeks off before our summer league starts. This is the first time in four years that we've actually had a break between the two, and it's quite refreshing. All in all, it was a pretty good season, and good luck to everyone left in the Cup and Promo Playoffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0