Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [2008 Division 2/3 Cup] Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last years results are posted here for the time being(Until the new draw/schedule gets posted on Jan 19th).

This year will be interesting with the addition of some Div 3 teams that are not necessarily of Div 3 caliber and some "on paper" upsets are bound to happen. The Top four Teams from A,B,C and CAT will be seeded.

The top 2 teams get an automatic berth in the Provincial Mens Cup(Keith Millar) while the losing semi-finalists playoff for a guaranteed 3rd spot.

The divisional play this year for the most part has been very tight with each group having lots of interesting bylines as the parity seems to be much better than in years past. There are defintely some dark horses lurking in the middle part of the tables that the top ranked teams cannot overlook.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So if Ireland beat/tie Slurrey this weekend, and we beat Hurricanes, we'll be the 2CAT leaders (albeit having played 4 more games than Slurrey) and get seeded?

I suppose this is the only time I'll ever say this, but C'mon the Hoops!

andgodblesstheturfhomepitch

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many teams will be entered this year BF? Look for some of the underachieving squads striving for some redemption. Now begin the "CAT teams stacking up with Div one players discussion"...

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There will be quite a few and depending on the "take" they could be more than one prelim' round to get to the standard 32.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
All i know is i am hoping we can win one game. Our CAT team i mean. It has been a trying year getting guys out at times and we would be dead without our u21 and club guys helping us field teams. We have had more than 10 guys out at times with injury. Just beginning to get a few guys back now so we will see where we are at for the cup run. We have had to sign more and more guys trying to field teams and it is been not fun trying to get it all organized. At least our club team has been decent numbers-wise for most of the season.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All i know is i am hoping we can win one game. Our CAT team i mean. It has been a trying year getting guys out at times and we would be dead without our u21 and club guys helping us field teams. We have had more than 10 guys out at times with injury. Just beginning to get a few guys back now so we will see where we are at for the cup run. We have had to sign more and more guys trying to field teams and it is been not fun trying to get it all organized. At least our club team has been decent numbers-wise for most of the season.

Army - really hoping to draw you guys, see you in net, the demoralizer hanging from the crossbar and 1 beer per goal against. Maybe a half time charge over to the team bus to make sure it doesn't get vandalized...

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Demoralizer had to be serviced after the saltspring weekend, i am one of the keepers of it. New tubes, better valves. Works even better now. Not sure the VMSL would appreciate it in the net during a game but depends on the ref i guess.
If we play in the cup i will bring it out.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the amount of games that we have already played, one would think that there will not be too many Sat/Sun back to backs as in years past. So difficult for the family men to commit to two in one weekend.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PRELIMINARY ROUND
Game 1: Hellas Athletic Club vs Unicorns FC
Game 2: Point Grey Rangers vs Merloma SC
Game 3: UBC Metropolitan vs Vancouver Stars
Game 4: PCOV Europa vs Norvan Lions
Game 5: NK Hrvat vs Wickham FC 'B'
Game 6: Signmaster SC vs Douglas Park Rangers
Game 7: Club Ireland Hibs vs Yaletown FC
Game 8: Squamish FC vs 'B' United
Game 9: IFC Polonia 'B' vs PCOV 'A'
Game 10: Aryana FC vs IFC Zawisza
Game 11: Westside Rino 'B' vs Bombastic SC 'B'
Game 12: FC Romania 'B' vs Burnaby Luchadores

ROUND OF 32
Game 13: City FC Rangers 'A' vs Winner of Game 5
Game 14: C-Men Lions vs Green Devils FC
Game 15: Winner of Game 10 vs East Van Socceroos
Game 16: Winner of Game 9 vs C-Lects FC
Game 17: Surrey United 'C' vs Winner of Game 2
Game 18: Shaheen FC 'A' vs Desmesh FC
Game 19: Winner of Game 8 vs Norvan JB's
Game 20: Winner of Game 12 vs Winner of Game 11
Game 21: Bombastic SC 'A' vs Winner of Game 3
Game 22: Winner of Game 1 vs Cliff Avenue Cobra
Game 23: Persepolis FC vs Westside Knights
Game 24: NorWest United vs Winner of Game 4
Game 25: GN Sporting Club vs West Van Royals
Game 26: Burnaby Fury 'B' vs Punjab Hurricanes 'B'
Game 27: Winner of Game 7 vs Cleo's FC
Game 28: City FC Rangers 'B' vs Winner of Game 6

ROUND OF 16
Game 29: Winner of Game 13 vs Winner of Game 14
Game 30: Winner of Game 15 vs Winner of Game 16
Game 31: Winner of Game 17 vs Winner of Game 18
Game 32: Winner of Game 19 vs Winner of Game 20
Game 33: Winner of Game 21 vs Winner of Game 22
Game 34: Winner of Game 23 vs Winner of Game 24
Game 35: Winner of Game 25 vs Winner of Game 26
Game 36: Winner of Game 27 vs Winner of Game 28

QUARTER-FINALS
Game 37: Winner of Game 29 vs Winner of Game 30
Game 38: Winner of Game 31 vs Winner of Game 32
Game 39: Winner of Game 33 vs Winner of Game 33
Game 40: Winner of Game 35 vs Winner of Game 36

SEMI-FINALS
Game 41: Winner of Game 37 vs Winner of Game 38
Game 42: Winner of Game 39 vs Winner of Game 40

FINAL
Game 43: Winner of Game 41 vs Winner of Game 42

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp,

do your part and i do believe we play in the round of 32.

Landing after perhaps.

Not so unfortunately. If we get through the Meralomas then we see Surrey United C...a very tough game as they have to be one of the favourites to win this thing.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Squamish would have home advantage for the first three rounds if they progress. Happy trails, Boneyfish!

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure if the field in Squamish will be ready given the weather pattern we are in. But that will be a few weeks out at least.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First Round is scheduled for the Feb 9th/10th weekend. Let the games begin.

Hellas Athletic Club vs Unicorns FC: Hellas will be hard pressed to win points in this one. Unicorns have not lost in 7 and Hellas last picked up their last point in October, 9 games ago. Prediction 4-1 Uni's

Point Grey Rangers vs Meraloma SC: PGR have picked up their socks over the middle course of the season, but Meralomas have stopped the bleeding with 2 straight wins in the new year. PGR 2-1 in a shootout

UBC Metropolitan vs Vancouver Stars: UBC, if they play 90min should be able to take this game against the Div3 Stars. Prediction, 3-2 UBC
PCOV Europa vs Norvan Lions: PCOV Europa will struggle against a Norvan side with more experience. Prediction 3-1 Lions

NK Hrvat vs Wickham FC 'B': The train love Cups (Watcher likes Double D's a bit on the sloppy side). Wickham will press but NK should win by one, 3-2

Signmaster SC vs Douglas Pk. Rangers: DPR opened the new year with a victory over Signmaster and there is no reason why they shouldn't be able to do the same in this match. DPR by 2

Club Ireland Hibs vs Yaletown FC: Not sure if Club I was using CAT players from their other teams but this game should be fairly competitive with Yaletown looking for success after failing in a promotion bid. 3-2 Yaletown win in OT.

Squamish FC vs 'B' United: Squamish haven't played since mid December and B'United may be able to catch them if they come out hard. It will be a tall order but I call upset, 2-1 B.U

IFC Polonia 'B' vs PCOV 'A': A good measuring stick of CAT vs Open with these two top of the table teams. PCOV by 1.

Aryana FC vs IFC Zawisza:
Aryana have some new signings which have seen them string together 3 victories since Jan 1. Zawisza will not be able to match Aryana's skill. Aryana by 2.

Westside Rino 'B' vs Bombastic SC 'B': Westside Rino have excelled in cup play over the last 3 years and they are the favorites in this match. Rinos trample Bombastic by 3 goals.

FC Romania 'B' vs Burnaby Luchadores: The Burnaby team have scored 60 goals in the newly formed Div 3 and should score a bundle against a Romaina team that is languishing in the cellar of the 2CATB

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unicorns 4-0 over Hellas- No chance for the hapless Hellas here.
Lomas 3-2 over Pt. Grey - If Lomas have a full squad, they can be dangerous.
Stars 4-3 upset over UBC. -UBC too erratic this year. Ripe for picking
N.V.Lions 3-1 over PCOV (not the real PCOV...) -Youthful PCOV has not shown much this year to warrant consideration.
NK 3-2 over Wickham- Da Train love cup play
DP Rangers over Signmaster in P.K's-This is a you pick em matchup.
Yaletown 1-0 over Club I-Yaletown because they can probably defend better than Club I can attack
Squamish 2-1 over B United- Squamish could be upset if United can score more than 1
PCOV 2-0 over Polonia- The real PCOV should have little trouble
Aryana 4-1 over Zawisza- The Poles have no chance here.
Westside 4-1 over Bombastic B.- Westside in a romp.
Luchadores 2-1 over Romania. Did they get their name from Nacho Libre? Two 3rd div. squads make it to the round of 32.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hellas Athletic Club vs Unicorns FC
Point Grey Rangers vs Meraloma SC
UBC Metropolitan vs Vancouver Stars
PCOV Europa vs Norvan Lions
NK Hrvat vs Wickham FC 'B'
Signmaster SC vs Douglas Park Rangers
Club Ireland Hibs vs Yaletown FC
Squamish FC vs 'B' United
IFC Polonia 'B' vs PCOV 'A'
Aryana FC vs IFC Zawisza
FC Romania 'B' vs Burnaby Luchadores

Could be some weird results with so few games having been played leading up to cup... Luchadores are a wild card having played div 3, but to my understanding having some former Croatia SC players in the squad...

hopingsomeoneknocksoutsquamishsowedon'thavetodrivethere

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dezza your understanding is correct on the luchadores, what the hell do you do, lurk around eveyones teams knowing all this info???? u knew that our coach quit before 3/4 of our team did lol

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually I do a lot of remote surveillance... bugged cars, wiretaps, remote cameras at fields around the city. It's too cold to be lurking in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0