Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 RRSL Schedule: Division One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Parking

Not much cash to be made Parkhead, everyone was flocking over to the Captains house. I believe for a small fee he was letting people in to view his "trophies".
See you on Thursday. I think we are playing the lads in purple. I sure hope we don't get that Walks guy. He doesn't seem to be too popular on this thread. I would much prefer Dante. Niether one of us like to roam too far from the centre circle, so we can have a chat about when he used to ref our games when I was a teenager and he was in his mid forties.

Gazza.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Niether one of us like to roam too far from the centre circle, so we can have a chat about when he used to ref our games when I was a teenager and he was in his mid forties.

You really are old then!!:eek: :rolleyes:

Parkheadjustapupbesideyou :p

Monk

Nov 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze vs. Rangers

Blaze Rep. 1

Nicely done mate. Usually teams whine more as they get older, but I can see you guys are tops of league in this as well.

Clearly we were lucky to escape a thrashing. I am certain that on a real pitch your play would have dazzled as much as the late tackles and whinging.

Hopefully we'll see some of your cheerleaders recovered from their injuries and on the pitch. At least I hope that is why they never got in.

Looking forward to the rematch. Perhaps we are not as bad as our record, and you are not as good as yours...;)

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Monkey,

I don't know what game you were watching but we did manage to win the game with 10 players.

I believe it was you who was whining about the ref in your last post. I agree he was terrible but it went both wayz.

I also look forward to the rematch. Everybody should get a second chance ;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe it was you who was whining about the ref in your last post.
The manner in which you & yours whine on the field is very different from the manner in which Monk whines on TTP. Very, very different.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gazza,

You should be out warming up now. What are you doing on the computer? Your old bones just ain't what they used to be you know......:) See you there.

Captain

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe the final was Knights 4-6 Rangers

Shite field, good ref, and shite goals all round!! Prescott, if you're listening, when you said you guys deserved that 4th goal that we put in our own net which came right after we got our 3rd, which may also have been a bit fortunate. How can you say that, "if" you were to look back at your 1st and 2nd goals? Even Mosh said to me immediately after the 1st "I believe we've found you're week spot". And after the 2nd, Mosh again with another equally amusing comment. The Rangers were good for the win albeit with the talent they had out, but J.P., how many fortunate goals did you really think you deserved? I understand you're keeper was no Wicks either, but to compare the 2 would still be like chalk and cheese! Hopefully we'll have keeper back soon or I'll demand to play in net! Again good win by the Rangers, but I'm a little surprised with the line-up you had out that you're not a little higher up the standings instead of the less technically gifted teams who are up there..

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Imports 2
Blaze 2

A couple of comments heard tonight:

"there's no way any 40 year old can catch me"... no shite peabrain, you're only 21 :rolleyes:

"when you're this good, you have to wear your collar up"... some clown probably name Erica when Levy turned his collar down and told him he fixed it for him :D

Was #9 that Scott Williams that will be lucky not to have a serious leg injury before he's 25? Someone is seriously gonna end up hurting the lad if he runs his mouth like that. I've seen many players much better than him come and go over the years... he'll be forgotten soon enough.

As for the game, not bad I suppose though the Imports missed a tonne of chances... the game was called with about 5-10 minutes to go when one of their players got the wrong end of a tackle and may have broken his leg?

Cheers,

~Regs.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 3 Binger's Army 0

It was 0 - 0 at the half but Club I scored almost immediately after the re-start. Binger's had a few quality chances in the second half but the keeper made a couple of decent saves. Overall, it was a fairly even game but Club I took their chances well and probably deserved the result on the night. Two red cards dished out to Club I Champ and #15 who didn't like the Champ's challenge. Unfortunately, he forgot about his 2-footer he got away with about 5 minutes earlier. Rubbish.

Regs,

That's shocking what you're saying about Williams. He is a really nice guy who never trash talks. I hope the 21 year old feels good that he can run faster than a 40 year old. That is what the game is all about; playing at 100 miles per hour. It looked like the Imports had a strong team out tonight and are obviously gearing up for the annual Cup run, which they inevitably win every year. :) Nice to see No Right Peg there tonight.

DITH, what is the injury update on your teammate?

BTW, Regs, those were entertaining lines. I didn't think anyone could stoop that low or have that little sense. Silly boys.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 1 - Richmond U 0

The battle of the 2 bottom teams in an epic 6 pointer went in our favour. We generally had the run of the play with an emphasis on missed opportunities. The only chances they got were on miscues by our keeper, which he then preceded to rob them of, one of which was a PK.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 1 Richmond 0

Good hard fought win last night. High spirited affair that lots of emotion but one wouldn't have expected anything less for a 6 point game. Shorty hands down the man of the match......absolutely dominated the center mid. Great team effort. Seems as though (knock on wood) Delta have finally started getting their shite together. Three wins and a tie in our last four - looking forward to our re-match with the Blaze next week. Hopefully we have a better showing next week than our brutal performance in our first meeting where the 3-0 score flattered us. Who was it on the Blaze who hurt their leg?

Oh yeah almost forgot......Dante called a great game last night;)

4ST OUT!!!:bronco:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raines. Not sure what outcome was? Either a fracture or dislocation it looked like. Knowing him he'll probably play next week.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who was it on the Blaze who hurt their leg?

Mark Raines. He was walking on it later on at the pub, after shotgunning a couple tall cans. Most likely a severe sprain, or fracture....he'll be back in no time.

Not a bad game all around. Impact with the majority of the play 1st half, and Blaze with all of it in the 2nd. Dolan with a couple silly dives that got him 2 free kicks...which he scored on both. Nice shots.

Blaze still on top with Club I. closing fast. Will be a good race to the finish.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
don't forget about the incredible ducking wall on the secong goal, Jew- It was a BR moment

you gotta admit Regs some of the lines that come out when we play are funny. As the oldest and Self appointed wisest of the Blaze(29 in 3 weeks), I've come to enjoy some of the sh*t that we say on the field. You gotta understand a lot of teams forget about playing soccer when we're talking and only try to go for a big shoulder or swipe at someone. it totally throws teams of their games. At times I admit it gets off of our own game but all in all it is part of who and what we all are. Please remember every single member of the Blaze has known each other since we were kids. We all grew up in Tsawwassen and a lot of us still liv ethere. The talk you guys hear on the field is about half as bad as what we do to each other in practices at the pub etc. Talking smack is something pretty much everyone in Tsawwassen does. Ask the Captain, he teaches there, he will confirm this.

6-4 was I in net for both teams:D

The title looks like it's going to go down to the end and the Blaze- ClubI rematch is gonna be huge.

As for the tackle there was no malice in it and it was plain to see it was an accident. I thought from what I saw of the game it was pretty clean and the end result was well deserved.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
When's the movie?

Please remember every single member of the Blaze has known each other since we were kids. We all grew up in Tsawwassen and a lot of us still liv ethere.

Very touching story. The group of T-town boys that left the Valley to make it in the VMSL. The title : Bad News Blaze

Quality players do not allow smack to get them off there game, especially in the summer when who really cares. The shoulder or swipe is because a few of the Blaze are twats, plain and simple.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
They shouldn't let that sh*t get them off their game but they do.

We left the Valley cause travelling to Chilliwack sucks. In the VMSL we never seem to travel for more than 40 minutes, that's almost to Coquitlam when we were in the Valley. every other week seemed to be an hour or longer to go to a game and that got stupid after a few years.

A couple of our guys are twats, even we think so. Most of us aren't. We live with the fact that our few twats give us a bad name. It doesn't bother any of us as far as I know. a lot of our guys enjoy the fact that a lot of the other teams hate us, it makes things a little more competetive.

As for the girl, we are hoping to get Eliza Dushku to play Blaze Rep #1. Justin Guarini will play Rainesy, Eminem will play our goalie and the Dude from Malcolm in the Middle will play Scott Williams. I'm hoping to direct.:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
stockboy2000 should play Williams... splitting image, I swear :D

If you're not familiar with him, he's one of the brothers who played on Sapperton a couple of years ago and got busted for manipulating some stocks by posting bogus info on some bulletin boards. The real name escapes me right now...

Anyways, agreed that there were a few twats out there... which one were you? I have a $100 with your name on it :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ask the Captain, he teaches there, he will confirm this.

I can't really confirm the smack, BlazeArmy, but I can confirm there are a lot of kids who come to school stoned. I'm not sure of the correlation right now but I'm sure it is there somewhere. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0