Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 Province Cup (men)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jonsey...Couldn't have said it better.

CC,

As for you're misinterpreted take on the system Corky Romano...The two top teams should always win. Who would you rather representing BC at the Nationals...one who had a cake walk through the BC's or one who is going to bring the cup back to the province! Personally I am tired of sending an average team to represent British Columbia!

And if you are as ignorant as to believe that the VMSL or any soccer league in BC should be compared to, as I quote
major league sports
you are sadly misunderstood. It's a moot point with no relevance.

This broken point comes back to Mauricio Navarro. How can the CSA justify sending this plonker to Azteca stadium to ref an international match...then have him muck it out at Adanac on the following sunday! Of topic...but related...you can't compare Azteca Stadium to, Sunday @ Adanac...nor VMSL to major League Sports! Get a clue!

~Notty

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is Notty Sending a Team to Nationals

Originally posted by Notty
Personally I am tired of sending an average team to represent British Columbia!

I don't think that Gorge, who has won the B.C.'s the last two years is an Average team, they have beat some of the top VMSL teams on the way to Nationals, Last year it was Weakside in the final and the year before that Peg, they must be average VMSL teams.

If we seed the B.C.'s or not, the team that wins its 4 games and comes out of B.C. is the Top team to Represent us (B.C.) at the Nationals.

I see what Notty is saying, because if Sporting losses on Sunday to Trollers, BBY would be Side B winners for league by way of Head to Head goals for and against with all three team (it is in the VMSL constitution), then you would have the Top teams in the VMSL Premier League playing off in the first round of B.C.'s.

Good for the rest of us, tough draw for them, I guess.

DJones, how do you let in 4 goals vs. Inuit, Smiles must of been on the piss before that one, plus I think Inuit goals count as 6, making the score 24-23 for Inuit.

HOS

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it is REALLY important to makes sure that certain brackets of the draw are not overloaded with one particular league. Instead of seeding teams, BC Soccer should ensure that each bracket have 2 VMSL teams, 1 Island team, 1 FVSL team. It is very easy to do.

I don't think there is too much separating VMSL teams 1 to 8, so seeding them wouldn't really accomplish much. Even if the two VMSL teams end up playing each other in the first game it shouldn't matter because they would then play the winner of VISL/FVSL match.

My major complaint is twofold.
-The venue of the Final should take into consideration the teams that are playing in the final. ie; two VMSL teams playing on the Island? That doesn't fly. I remember going to the Island for the semi's when we played a VMSL team and the other semi was also with two VMSL teams.:rolleyes:
-The FVSL really is a subpar league, take away a berth and give it to the VISL.

Sandman

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The FVSL really is a subpar league, take away a berth and give it to the VISL.
Before some of you get your knickers in a knot, Sandman's team didn't even qualify for the BC's, so take that comment with a grain of salt :rolleyes:

:D

~Regs.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Consider my knickers de-knotted.

Sandman, we have been losing spots - albeit deservedly so - for a few years now. I think the Valley has four quality teams. The draw doesn't give us the opportunity to go head to head with many VMSL teams, but that's not our fault.

If you want to see the Valley teams and how they stack up versus the rest of the teams, why don't you come out and watch? I hear you're not doing anything that weekend.:rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reward the Best Teams, Don't Have them Play Each other 1st Round

Originally posted by Sandman
I think it is REALLY important to makes sure that certain brackets of the draw are not overloaded with one particular league.
I don't think there is too much separating VMSL teams 1 to 8, so seeding them wouldn't really accomplish much.

-The FVSL really is a subpar league, take away a berth and give it to the VISL.

There may not be a BIG difference in quallity between 1 to 8 in the VMSL or 1 to 4 in either VISL or FVSL, I agree with that.
What I am saying with Seeding, is that teams are REWARDED for consitent quallity play throughout their season. So a team like Weakside (Side A Winners) do not have to play a team like Capitals (Tied for Side B Top Spot) playing in the first round.
Or even the Top 2 teams playing off from the Valley, when 2 weaker Valley teams may get a better draw.

The Top teams (League Winners and Cup Winner that Year) from each of the 3 Leagues should be Rewarded for thier accomplishments that year by being seeded in Provincials.

As for the Venue for the Semi's and Final, B.C. Soccer likes to give each league a chance to host the Semi's and Final from year to year. It may not work out, because 2 VMSL teams could be playing in the Final in Victoria, but at least the BCSA gives each league a chance to Host the Final.
There would be no problem if Gorge make it to the Final again or there is some FVSL representation at the Semi's.

HOS

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice Try

Originally posted by Notty
As for you're misinterpreted take on the system Corky Romano...The two top teams should always win. Who would you rather representing BC at the Nationals...one who had a cake walk through the BC's or one who is going to bring the cup back to the province! Personally I am tired of sending an average team to represent British Columbia!

And if you are as ignorant as to believe that the VMSL or any soccer league in BC should be compared to, as I quote you are sadly misunderstood. It's a moot point with no relevance.

This broken point comes back to Mauricio Navarro. How can the CSA justify sending this plonker to Azteca stadium to ref an international match...then have him muck it out at Adanac on the following sunday! Of topic...but related...you can't compare Azteca Stadium to, Sunday @ Adanac...nor VMSL to major League Sports! Get a clue!

~Notty

There is no misinterpretation of the system. The system is quite clear. The only misinterpretation is on your part with my original post. The team that wins four games in the provincials is the best team to represent the province in the nationals....very simple.....very clear

I'm not sure who Corky Ramono is..:confused: so I can't comment.
Must be a North American joke or something?

Major League sports and the VMSL.......:eek: I don't think so.

"The top two teams should always win"...:rolleyes: . What happens in the Final ???? a draw maybe... fukcing idiot!!

My apologies for pissing on your little parade

Cheers

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fat Monkey,

i knew I'd get a rise out of somone

I think the Valley has four quality teams.

I'll beg to differ, although it depends on how loosely you use the word "quality". It was just a couple of years ago we were FORTUNATE to have drawn 3 of the top Valley teams in the Provincials (wild card, round of 16, quarters). As a team that squeaked into the BC's we beat them all handily....including your team..............quality I don't think so.....

So save all the "where is your team know", "what div did you play in", "you're free that weekend, so come and watch" jokes till you actaully do something.:rolleyes:

Sandmanofftovegas...bye

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vegas Baby

Originally posted by Sandman
As a team that squeaked into the BC's we beat them all handily....including your team..............quality I don't think so.....

Monkey, I think that with a FVSL Premier Div. of Only 8 teams, the 4 teams that come out of the Valley will be better than in the Past.
Just like now that the VMSL Premier Div. is 14 teams, the 8 teams that Qualify for B.C.'s are not as strong as when we were a 10 team league, its all the numbers game

Sandman, but you guys Shite the Bed vs. MetroFord in the Semi's, that sucked, I saw that game.

Now we know why you can't come watch, Vegas Baby, VEGAS.

HOS

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sucks

I'll have to agree with earlier posts on the match of GEU/PAU. It definately takes away some excitement from playing in the BC's.Both of these teams respect each other and love to see each other in regular season but when we only have 4 teams representing the fvsl in the BC's and there are 12 other teams in this thing how can this be exciting?OH boy we're playing PAU first round Whoaeee.:(

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why they did it

The reason they matched up the FVSL teams together first round is so that there was less of a chance for the VMSL teams to have to play them.

They're just scared is all.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did they do the draw

Im wondering when the draw took place, they have spots for the Jackson Cup winner and runner up. Why are there no spots slotted for the Pakenham Cup winner and runner up. I know they took into account the teams in the semis, but why wouldnt they just do the same format for the entire draw.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No seeding

I disagree with seeding teams. Random draw is totally unbiased and fair. We don't like our drawing of GEU either. The two best teams in the Valley play eachother in the first round:(
Isn't that the same thing that your all crying about

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just Read

Just read this from the VISL website and thought I would put it up here for some opinions of others.

I have come aware of an issue that is floating around, which originates out of one of BCSA Boardmeetings. The issue is, signing players after they have fulfilled their commitment with their team and resigning with another team before March 31 to play Provincial Cup. If you do so, here are the risks. BCSA Senior Vice President Victor Montagliani, states that if a team wants to stake winning the Provincial Cup on using a resigned player, they will carry the risk of being protested against and lose for this issue is against the spirit of the game. I will support any such protest for reason of fair play. Vancouver Lower mainland has a far greater number of players to STACK the 8 VMSL and the 4 Fraser Valley teams that will play for the Provincial Cup. If you persist as a Provincial Berth team to do so, the VISL will make numbers available for players to be resigned, however, THE RISK IS ALL YOURS.

Cheers
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0