Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Predictions, Results & Post-Game Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know only a few games were played this weekend but was looking forward to some recaps of the ones not postponed, especially from 2C. How was WFC vs EW and CH vs CMen, any new signings to report Vinnie??

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing too dramatic to report....

EW had one chance in the game ringing a nice shot off the post.... good thing as The Keeper was sick and could barely hold his head up straight!
We had 80% of the play and should have won the game 6-0! We had a team function the night before and everyone was feeling shitty! That's about it.... And, just to take a little piss.... Whoever that loud mouth was on the sideline (coach I guess), he outta put on the boots demonstrate the proper way the game is played! He gave me a freakin' headache with all his damn yapping!

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB's 4 PG 0

Not much to say here other than that we pretty much destroyed them. They put up some fight, but we played sloppy and won that way. Easily could have been 8-0. A good bunch of guys as it was not chippy. It seemed they gave up at the end.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to avenge a 0-0 draw with these guys earlier in the season and to also avenge a close game at the end of last season. Great bunch of guys and #13, not only their best player but a good guy too. Kudos to #10, who after every goal scored said we had nothing and that they were still in it. Even at 4-0 with under a minute to play he was still saying we had nothing!!! PGS did have some quality chances as Therapist mentioned... mostly due to our sweeper who kept coughing up the ball......oh yeah that would be me.... Better to do it now that against WUS.... I know Keeper and Ranger will be buying us bevvies when we win that one :D As long as WFC don't fcuk it up they should win promo and I'll be glad to be the constant reminder that they never beat us!!!! JB's to win the div 2 cup...look out Blaze...here we come!!! No one in 2B is worth mentioning as they won't contend at all........ gotta love drinking too much before posting..... I feel like Therapist;)

fingers

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
no excuses here because we pretty much stunk, but we had 11 to start and after our goalie went out with his recurring knee injury, we had 10. either way, we reeked it up pretty bad. i don't know about 8-0. it's really hard for a team that has played 80% of all thier games this season on strathcona or sunset to learn how to make passes and it showed. whatever. good game, guys. you've obviously learned how to work the field.

fingers

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
yeah, he did make some. keeping was not the issue last night. it was more the 9 other clowns out there who couldn't make a pass.
the monday night game robbed us of a few key players but whatever. it was one-sided. time to get back to the basics and show up for some of these games. not sure what has happened to is in the last part of the season. but now our keeper is out for the season and we have no backup. that's a great field. especially in the rain.

T

toph

uh oh

crap, i'm out 4 the season? Thats all right, injury aside, my ego coudn't have taken anymore of that constant shelling. I still have nightmares.
GO STRIKERS

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys should merge with PGS A this summer and form a new team for next season... They play in a summer league as well - could help the newly formed team to gel a bit..

Just my advice... but what do I know ;)

fingers

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
it's good advice. what we need to do is seperate friends from actual players over the summer and make the appropriate cuts. even if that includes me, it has to happen.
oh, and mickster...
#10 was joking. i hope the humour wasn't lost on you because it was frickin' hilarious. he just yelled, "c'mon boys, we're all over'em!" while in fact we were down 4-0 with minutes left.
toph, you're not out for season?

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bed shitting 101

C-Men - 4
CH - 3

Well what can I say.
The more players I sign the less players come to the game.
On that note I'd like to welcome Dapotato to the team.
He did help on the weekend eventhough he was going to puke by half time.
We started with 11 guys.
Went up 1 after 10 minutes, then I had the biggest brain fart of my life. I was play keeper by the way. One of our D-men proceeds to poke the ball past the end line for a corner.
In my infinite wisdom, I thought I'd try to keep it from being a corner and stop the ball. Of course, I pass it right to their forward, 1-1. We then go up 2 and then 3. Just before the third we lose a player to injury. So it is 3-1 CH at the half. We were pretty much in control of the game. We are playing with 10 guys and 1 of them is about to hurl. About 15 into the half everything goes down hill as players start to run out of gas. I'd say 2 of the later three were good goals and I should have had the fourth.

Oh well, I'll just keep signing players...

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fingers, yes we were all having a laugh at his comments too. No harm done. Hope your keep is ok, always tough to lose players.

Vinnie, too bad about the loss, sounds like you should have had this one. Was Dap hungover or just out of shape?? He loves to run doggies at training so make sure you give him lots to keep him busy!!!!! Hopefully by the last game of the year you'll still be able to field a team to play us, otherwise we can just go and drink!!

Duke

Jun 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by mickster
Better to do it now that against WUS.... I know Keeper and Ranger will be buying us bevvies when we win that one :D As long as WFC don't fcuk it up they should win promo and I'll be glad to be the constant reminder that they never beat us!

I will be more than happy to buy a round of Stella's for you chaps if you win against WUS. That's your incentive, you win and I will get the Stella's in for you.......and I mean it as well!!

The cup is coming to Westside Rangers, but feel free to give us shite about getting the better of us this year!

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky!

Unlucky Vinnie! The Cmen usually dig a hole like a mutt having a crap and never come out or blow a lead like a crack ho for a fin! Yours truly also ended up in net as our keeper never showed and with no subs we played with 10 the whole 90. 75% of the game in their end with the Indo keepers' fat pakora filled ass ( he really had no hands!) keeping out numerous chances including a point blank header with seconds left. Their goal was a good strike low right corner seconds before the half after our fullback appeals for offside- always a bad idea in div2- plays catch up only to have a bad pass bounce off a leg to an open guy who finished well. No goals= no win. Or draw. Pity as a win meant a tie for 4th and a match this weekend with a tie for 3rd on the line. Here's hoping for some more good weather :cool:

Tough luck Bandcamp- still having numbers problems?:confused:

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Angryman,

No offence, but I don't think you guys stand a chance against Westside Rino. If you do beat them, however, I would be very happy.
They are a good solid team, that should do well in cup play. We are ahead of them in second place(Sikh Temple "B"), and I see either us or them finishing second or third.

As for your lot, we haven't played yet due to postponment, but should be a good game.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div. 2 Cup

The cup isn't leaving the place it is right now.

Yes Army, well said....however this year our main concern is being promoted to Div. 1. Last year we didn't stand a chance as Cliff Ave. had the division won so we basically made the cup our priority...beating Cliff Ave. in the process.

Even with the Cup being on the back burner this year I still see the Blaze beating the Primos (for the 3rd time this year) in the final.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
don't worry Vinnie I'm back this weekend.........but can you guys spot me a 2 goal lead at half?..........why didn't you pull guys back to defend?...........oh well shite happens.......we now must prepare for the Bosnians.........get me a lead!!!!........who scored by the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0