Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Predictions, Results & Post-Game Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB's 4 C men 0

I wasn't there for this one as my wife was at work and somehow she's not comfortable with my idea of letting the dog babysit our 1.5 year old. So I heard it was somewhat one-sided. Could have been a higher score. Other than that there is nothing else to report. Mickster, Bonefish anything else to add?

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze 6 - UN 1

The field was 50 % decent, 50% tragic. It made for a bit of a mucker game but we managed to dominate our opponent anywayz. They have a few decent players but their defense is terrible and what can you say about their goalie that Army hasn't already said...simply embarrasing.

Looking forward to playing Primos next week and putting a seal on promotion for the Blaze. That's unfortunate Teelay you are not playing....who will be your replacement??

As far as your comments regarding the teams in Div. 1...Bingers' Army and Bosna are not good representatives for the Divison. Bingers is last place and Bosna played Div. 2 last year in the easiest category...They are definetly bottom feeders in Div. 1.

We played Binger's in summer league 3 times...beat them twice and tied them once. I thought they were a fairly decent squad and the fact that they are last place in Div. 1 shows how tough the Division really is.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div. 2c

Things are getting interesting in 2C....Cougars (I mean RFC) beating WFC is an interesting result. I'd like to see Signmaster and RFC give WFC a good run for promo.

Rikajoke and Porkrind....well done on dominating another weak Div. 2 opponent. You guyz are looking threating with those big score lines ;)

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How the Cookie Crumbles

...another weekend and another Westside self-inflicted gunshot to the foot...

There is still lots of soccer left to be played but here is the season title race in a nutshell. Below are the Teams in the running and the pertinent games to be played. Oh how I wish we had a few less ties cause we would be right in the mix. At least our results against the Ravens and WUS will be key in this race to the finish.

Western Union Sarajevo – 45
Ravens - 43
Signmaster – 42
Richmond – 41
WFC Rangers ‘A’ – 41

PPD Richmond FC Westside C-men Honda Field Sun/2.00pm
PPD Signmaster SC Western Union Sarajevo David Lam Sun/2.00pm
PPD Champlain Heights Ravens FC Champlain Heights Sun/2.00pm
PPD Ravens FC Western Union Sarajevo Strathcona West Sat/2.00pm
PPD Signmaster SC Richmond FC David Lam Sun/2.00pm
PPD Western Union Sarajevo Champlain Heights South Memorial NW Sun/2.00pm
PPD Elephant Walk Ravens FC Adanac Park East Sun/2.00pm

Dec. 13/14 Home Away Park Time
Ravens FC WFC Rangers "A" Strathcona West Sat/2.00pm
Signmaster SC Westside C-men David Lam Sun/2.00pm
Richmond FC Point Grey Strikers "B" Honda Field Sun/2.00pm
Norvan JB's Western Union Sarajevo Confederation Turf Mon/8.00pm
Day 16 Home Away Park Time
Ravens FC Champlain Heights Strathcona West Sat/2.00pm
WFC Rangers "A" Point Grey Strikers "B" Hillcrest Centre Sat/2.00pm
Westside C-men Richmond FC McBride Park Sun/2.00pm
Western Union Sarajevo Signmaster SC S. Memorial NW Sun/2.00pm
Day 17 Home Away Park Time
Champlain Heights WFC Rangers "A" Champlain Heights Sun/2.00pm
Signmaster SC Elephant Walk David Lam Sun/2.00pm
Richmond FC Western Union Sarajevo Honda Field Sun/2.00pm
Norvan JB's Ravens FC Confederation Turf Mon/8.00pm
Day 18 Home Away Park Time
Ravens FC Signmaster SC Strathcona West Sat/2.00pm
Westside C-men WFC Rangers "A" McBride Park Sun/2.00pm
Western Union Sarajevo Point Grey Strikers "B" S. Memorial NW Sun/2.00pm
Elephant Walk Richmond FC Adanac Park East Sun/2.00pm

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB's vs Westside C

...Not a ton of intensity shown by the JB's in the first half but a bit more in the second where we scored all of our goals. The game should have been sealed in the first but some unlucky...well, ppor finishing left the scoreline tied at half.

The pitch was a bit slick and had one sideline that was a pig's sty. Westside half too many gaping holes and a very inconsistent ground game and give too much space. Fix those and they will win more games.

Next week should be a fun one on the turf vs WUS. Should be fireworks and drama et al.

Bones

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
meaningless 2b result...

pg rangers - 3
persian - 2

we played with 8 players...thanks to kurgan for playing in net.

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wish granted Gurps!

Bombastic B 5 Westside Rino 2

Happy Gurps? We were up 3-0 after 20, 3-1 at the half. They never got closer than 2 with their 2nd goal coming from a corner that was well out but Mr. Bell chose not to stand on the line for that one. He did however stand on the line for the rest of the corners. The Rino lads are young, fast and skilled and never gave up but defensive mistakes plus our finish(100% on the day, how often does that happen?) did them in. Our back line and keeper were completely solid, only giving up 1 real goal. Magnificent volley by Raphael for the winner and a natural hat by our striker makes the beer taste real good:D Pity we didn't get the win last week as this would have meant a tie for 3rd.

Bonefish-sounds like quite a bit of fixing to do for the Cmen.Congrats on the win.Sounds like Mcbride is just about done and with 5 games per weekend David Lam is getting there although it was mostly slick but not yet chewed yesterday.(that sounds kinda dubious:wa: )

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Wish granted Gurps!

Originally posted by angryman
Bombastic B 5 Westside Rino 2

Happy Gurps?

Angryman,I must eat my words, 5-2 is a really good result. Westside is a good team, at least now we can try putting some space between us and them.

Well done boys, just don't play that hard when we meet.

;)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to see we hit the 50 goal barrier for the season.
I'm sure that's pretty much evryone but Pressley on the scoresheet now.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div2 Reorg

There is a strong case for the return of a Div3 and a move to only two groups of Div 2 Teams. Some of the teams in our group with lesser team abilities have great attitudes(Westside C, PGS) but seasons such as theirs do nothing to build team confidence etc. I played a season on such a team and it was mentally trying.

-WhatLightThruYonderWindowBreak...ItIsTheJimBeamAboutToDropSomeScienceOnWUS-

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That makes too much sense for it to become reality...

Blaze Rep 1,

We have 13 or 14 guys who are quality players so whoever is my replacement will do a fine job. If it is the guy who I think it will be, he's got a hell of a shot :D But of course that decision will be left up to Enzo.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Realigment

I agree in that there must be a Div 3 and even a Div 4. I t would be nice to see 2 Div 2 sides next year instead of 3, with 4 teams going up (2 from each side). Or even do a playoff, kinda similar to what they do in the English League. This would makes things a lot more interesting and games played after Nov would be meaningful for alot more clubs. Have it where the first place club gets a promotion and have a playoff format for the teams that finish say 2nd to 5th or something. Single game knockout 2nd plays 5th, 3rd plays 4th, winners squeare off for a fight for promo. Lets face it, theres a lot of Div 1 clubs that suck ass as well and having two teams go up/down would make things more competitive.

That enuf of me, time to get a "lift"

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I mean 2 teams go up/ down per side. Whereas now I believe 3 go up/down, I demand 4.

Azzi where are you? Come out come out where ever you are...

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
20 teams in a 2 sided division would seem to work out quite well for the most part. 4 teams up would let teams that do not really deserve the chance to go up to do so. 3 is a good number and makes the battles for 2nd place and a playoff spot all the more important. You can't go lower than 2 nd place for a playoff as teams that can't perform over the whole season should not be allowed to go up.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeeeeeppeeer, where are youuuu? If you are thinking about flinging yourself out a window or such I am sure you will do it with typical german efficiency, but I implore you, do it with flair, man! For example, throwing oneself out of a moving airplane sans parachute and achieving terminal velocity whilst trailing a banner declaring "Division 2 Metro is for the birds and I aim to prove it" wood be a good start. And landing on Gordon Campbell and pancaking his smirk-laden face and body across the steps of the Robson Art Gallery would be a good end.

I feel two groups of ten teams would be the best, with three teams promoted. The top team from each group would be promoted automatically with the following four (2nd and 3rd place from each side) battling it out for the final promotion spot. This is the playoff system used in the English First Division (four teams play for one spot) and it is freaking magic! Blaze, you say that you shouldn't have teams ranked lower than 2nd in the playoffs because teams that can't perform over the whole season should not go up but I could use the exact same argument for why you should let 3rd place teams vie for the spot (i.e. If you can't sustain a high level for the whole season, including the playoffs, you shouldn't go up). I believe a playoff format would make the whole season a hell of a lot more interesting

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
damn right

Originally posted by Shriner
Congrats, I hope you guys got high and wasted; or vice versa.
We got both, some of us more than others, I think Bubbles took the title. There's nothing funnier than watching him harrass the old Chinese ladies collecting empty cans.

Originally posted by Shriner
Whats going on, new signings or what? Who you got? I heard you got some Akal guys and Reshams boys. But anyway congrats on your promo run and good luck. Its good to see that games being played after November actually mean something!
You heard right, we got the same Akal guys from last year and we combined with the PFC guys who played Indo-CAT last year, as well as one of Indo's CMF and another from Van Utd. It feels good to be in a title race for a change. Last year we were out of the promo run after week 1, now we're in the thick of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0