Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Predictions, Results & Post-Game Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcline

Oct 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks once more to west van. We did ourselves no favour on the weekend by tying our match 1-1. They scored first shorthanded starting the game with only 8 or 9 guys. We managed to tie it up before the half and then just couldn't seem to put the ball in the net. I can't speak of flow or posession as I was not at the game but I heard that the field did neither team any favours. A 1/4 or the field was a gravel baseball pitch. That's all I have to say about that. Providing we don't have any more episodes, we should be able to wrap up the season at 2nd place in div 2 a.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah the goal against was wholly my fault. At the time I didn't think it would matter as I thought we would be able to score more, but obviously I was wrong. Oh well - at least the game didn't mean anything...

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
City FC Promotion

Yes - congrats to the Rangers. Good hard working bunch. I hear their only loss came to the 9th placed team. Just a rumour.

B.R. KELLY

Sep 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
good to see that 2/2 of the CITY F.C. teams made it into div 1
took both teams only 2 years to reach their goal. GOOD WORK BOYS....hopefully a club to be reconned with in the years to come, its only going to get bigger & better from now on. now that were up in 1st div, people are callin from premier & other div 1 teams , wantin to join. we aint goin down.(to all the haters)

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
B.R. KELLY said:
good to see that 2/2 of the CITY F.C. teams made it into div 1
took both teams only 2 years to reach their goal. GOOD WORK BOYS....hopefully a club to be reconned with in the years to come, its only going to get bigger & better from now on. now that were up in 1st div, people are callin from premier & other div 1 teams , wantin to join. we aint goin down.(to all the haters)

Congrats to both teams from City FC. Having played the Blaze over the past couple years, I'm confident they'll stay up in Div 1. If they pick up 3-4 starters they'll do well, not promo-well, but top 4. As for Rangers, haven't seen them play, but from what I hear, they're a decent bunch, nothing more. Others in their div have compared them to last year's Burnaby Fury, who (much like the Rangers in one year) will be back in div 2. Gonna check out their game this weekend and see how they stack up. I would think they're a solid team, but they lucked out in playing an easier div. Time will tell.

TS

porkchop

Feb 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primos losing to Maplewood thats as horrible as us losing to West Van. I guess Firemen get to finish 2nd in 2A afterall. :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa:

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan JB 8 CH 0

Kudos to CH for deciding to play with 8. They tried up until the final whistle.
Nothing much else to report.

Dapotayto,
What happened to you? We were looking forward to defending your offensive prowress (sp?)

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Therapist said:
Kudos to CH for deciding to play with 8. They tried up until the final whistle.
Nothing much else to report.

Dapotayto,
What happened to you? We were looking forward to defending your offensive prowress (sp?)

I feel sorry for these guys as they seem to have a good core but no commitment. They just need to fill in a few or 5 blanks and they should be able to compete better.
It looks like the JB's 6year reign of terror in 2'C is over as we will be making the move to 2'A to contend with the likes of Firemen, the Primos and either Bosna, TheFury or Bingers. Bingers should be most challenging...

Until then it will be a summer of Sun, Beer and Women and soccer...wait a sec. I am married with children....Sun through the skylight, beer if I can sneak it pass the missus, Diapers, Pregnant wife and lots of fun convincing the other half that my playing summer soccer is great for not only our relationship but for better quality family time....

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Therapist said:
Dapotayto,

I was on the Island skiing, visiting and losing at laser-tag to my ten year old nephew. Little bastard. I taught him a lesson in hand-to-hand combat though. Sorry I missed the game. Well, in retrospect, maybe not. Eight-donut, ouch. That hurts. I doubt you would have had much trouble defending my offensive prowess. Defending the beer cooler would have been a different prospect.

Bonefish, I suggest explaining your soccer rating system to your wife when you have a summer game scheduled. When her eyes go glossy and brain shuts down make a run for the door, soccer gear in hand! And don't look back!

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper, you and the boys are pretty quiet about the 2C promotion. you guys kept shooting yourselves in the foot costing you promotion. I know everyone in our group, after the race was just between you and WUS, was hoping that you'd move up but WUS clutched up and got the points they needed. Good luck in 2C next year, looks like the JB's, RFC, and Sign will all be making the jump to 2A to mix it up with the likes of LMFF and others. Good luck next year and Duke, we haven't forgotten about the stellas!!!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper, you and the boys are pretty quiet about the 2C promotion.
Actually, we're being pretty quiet about our lack of promotion. Frankly, the guys seem to be a bit dissapointed in themselves (ourselves?) and we pretty much lay it all on one game in particular: our 1-0 loss to Richmond. That single goal in the last minute cost us the season.

It was kind of funny, though, on Saturday when a handful of us were out watching WUS beat Signmaster 2-buzz. I was the first to show up, little more than 2 minutes into the game. As everyone showed, "What's the score?" "Zeros."

So there we are, taking the piss, having a laugh at this scoreless draw, and cheering on the good guys (aka Signmaster). Then, in the second half, one of the Signmaster boys yells, "Come on guys, just one and we're back in it!"

"WTF?" We ask, and the sidelines tell us, WUS score within the first 2 minutes off, guess what? . . . . a free kick.

The game wasn't so fun anymore after that.

Nevertheless, we all have to admit that we had a very enjoyable season. A great first half of the table, lowest goals against in the whole division (which I feel can still be improved upon), and many wins (which certainly hadn't happened much in div 1 the year before).

Hell, div 2 is still pretty fun. Right? :rolleyes:

What are the guidelines on making the new groups? I've forgotten.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3, 4, 5 slide to the "right" ... so next year you'll have the 3rd-5th teams from 2B, plus one from Div 1.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey guys, I've just been at the funeral for Chris Turner, a guy I knew who played for Signmaster. He suddenly died in his sleep last Saturday night at the age of 28 from a heart attack ... a real quality guy who lived life to the fullest. Totally unexpected and a shock for sure, especially given his straight up, healthy lifestyle.

It just goes to show, you never know when your time is up. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0