Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Predictions, Results & Post-Game Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK vs PG

not much more need be said of our performance...yomama with most of the details. it was great getting the much prized fist three points. Kurgan, tsquare, it was nice meeting you guys and you did alright under the circumstances. that crap from one of the spectators was uncalled for...good call ref for sending him away. although he was quite trigger happy with the yellows (hor jellos like our mehican ref would say mang).

Kurgan: I see the skill...your the best offensive lineman I've ever seen play soccer :D ...you would be a dominant force if you were 2 midfielders lighter;)

next up...Alemenia @ Adanac. bring the lederhozen and steinlager because we're going to polka all over those krauts

manager

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was I the only one who saw that save?

Cmon guys give credit where credit is due.With about 10 minutes left one of the PG strikers was just outside the six and took a shot trying to go top corner, but Mcdirty was there with his big right paw to make the diving save!Just thought Id TOOT my own horn(dont turn that phrase into something it isnt).Big win today

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK OK we'll mention the great save you made, McDirty, but I won't mention the time you bobbled the ball and almost let them score...oops.:D

As for Yomama.....I made about three fcuking sweet passes in the first twenty minutes, unfortunately, Tsquare and the other Point Grey players couldn't finish.:(

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dropped my beer yesterday, but then caught it just before it hit the ground. Didn't anyone see that? Monk, you were there, didn't you see it?

What a save.

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey McDirrty are you serious??

Most guys try to save that kind of stupidity for the second half of the season.

look at the schedule idiot.

I know you have some pride at stake here but open your friggin eyes.

And one keeper to another, if you have to toot your own horn then the save probably wasn't worth mentioning!!

chin up son!!

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was joking moron!

Listen you frickin moron, if a guy cant joke around on ttp where can he?Give me a ****in break,ohh yeah I hope you learned how to read the schedule ,wouldnt want you to miss your next game you ****in moron!

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Train is a cummin......

Well first things first. Three points we came for, three points we got. That was the only thing we cared about today. Having no goals against also makes the Watcher very happy. Not that we didn't play quite poorly for stretches however. I can honestly say the PGR finishing sure helped out our cause. Kudos to the pork chop for finally playing like a man and to the religious contingent for being so strong at the full back positions. It was also very nice to have the barbie cooking up smokies while enjoying a few beverages under our newly purchased ten by ten tent . (keep the boys cosy and warm and they will perform)...... have fun with that one. The most disturbing thing this day was the PGR boys coming over to buy our beer and smokies after the game. Their problems appear to run deeper than lack of finish. Next up for the choo choo twain is the formidable jar heads led by their diminuitive inspirational leader Jamie Posher. Lets hope they truly are getting long in the tooth as is their mentor. Nk 2 Alemania 0. Even the lufftwaffer cant save them.

GoofyGeriatricGermansGetGongedbyGrzacandtheGang

Surrey "C" 5 Croatia Classic 0 ..... ouch!!!! CDK whatsup with that.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Watcher, PGRs sponsorship from a beer company (Okanagan, I believe) starts next week; they'll be just fine for post-game libations. Perhaps we should look into this area for sponsorship as well. Which brewery wouldn't want their logo emblazoned (sp) next to ours on our fine green tent?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome back, Strik-- err, The Ranger.

Nice job on the signage on the weekend. Do think we'd be just a tad conceited if we set them up on the sidelines this evening and every game following? Or maybe just for home games. :p

I predict a quality opener tonight. JB's have always managed to put strong efforts in over the years -- in fact, I believe the last time I played them (with Westside Knights) we lost. We'll need to make the most of our opportunities (as the Rangers B did yesterday) and finish well.

My pre-game preparation will include a comfortable and relaxing matinee, perhaps a nap with my new Westside FC fleece blankie, and some TTPing. I sure hope those TOC calls starting coming in soon . . .

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The wife and I actually trekked all the way to the front doors of T-Bird (about 4:30pm), it was lashing rain at the time! The wife peeked through the fence and saw 5 guys standing near our booth, kicking the ball around, holding a beer (or two) and about 4 kids running like mad around the stands. She gave me the look and it was all over... I feel shame..... Sorry. Although it looked like "Good Times" to me, it just wasn't going to happen!
Any paraphernalia left? I need a Westside hoodie! ; )

As for tonight...

Big Game! Big Game!

Need to come out swingin'

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC- Ravens

A tail of 2 halves. I thought we controlled the first half and scored on 1 of 3 breakaways. They had one shot on net in the first half. We made some questionable subs at the half, and changed some players around and it cost us. They controlled the second half and won the middle of the park. I thought our goalie should've had the first 2 goals, and the third one was an excellent cross to the far stick that was headed in by a streaking player from the goal line. Ravens are not a bad team, but definitely beatable. We WILL beat them next time. They move it around nicely and play to their strengths. If this is the best that 2C has to offer, I still think we have a chance at promo, but we have to work on a few things before that becomes a reality. We got Chumplain next week, looking to get back to .500. We went down to Seattle for a one-day tourney on Sunday, won 1500 US, so it wasn't all bad. Like I told the boys, we're only 3 pts out of first. It's a long season, don't count us out yet.

TS

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beers sales were on fire -- with the money made, Colesy bought a two-team set of hoodies for all. I'll be bringing the A-team set tonight.

You probably only saw a handful of people playing darts 'cause everyone ran for cover once it started pouring. There was a slightly less than average turnout (but decent crowd around the Rangers tent) to the event but lots of fun was still had. Too bad we didn't get to meet the good lady -- Saturday, perhaps.

Tsenghera:

If this is the best that 2C has to offer,
Nope, there's better . . . ;)

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
McD Short Fuse?

Wow,

Sounds like McDirty has a bit of a short fuse ... anyone in 2B want to see a keeper riled up, just go in for a bit of a questionable "love tap" after the whistle and McDirty will surely fly off the handle. There are obviously some childhood issues unresolved there - between his demeanour on this board and his name... ;)

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2C

TSenghera,

2C has a number of better teams than the Ravens. EWalk has picked up a very strong midfielder ... and Frank may be back for a game or 2 ... those guys could be the favourites as it stands right now.

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Keeper
So what up Angryman? Good news or bad?

Keeper-Bad News, 3-2 loss

We took it to them for the first 15 with a couple good chances in close but Sunset is about as bad as it could possibly get and every bounce was head height and unpredictable. Apparently they are waiting for South Memorial as their home pitch. Lets hope so! They got a couple of quick ones on our defensive errors and then a third when a low, hard one hit the front lip of the canyon in the 18 and died, fooling our keeper. 3 nil at the half. We had more chances in the 2nd with their keeper coming up huge in close, finally popping one with ten minutes left on a long range volley that dipped and fooled their keeper in the top right corner. We popped another in injury time when they failed to clear but it was too little too late. For the record our keeper was sick with food poisoning, missing 3 starters, lost Fletch 20 minutes in-bad knees in stereo now- and a stopper with only one foot. A badly damaged unit. They weren’t too dirty- lots of pushing and grabbing but the ref let us both do it. They have 2 or 3 quality drama queens but we kept our mouths shut which helped. They aren’t that great a team+we weren’t very good yesterday= WE LOSE. With Fletch injured and our regular keeper away next week our match against Ewalk should be interesting. Keeper, do you play for A or B Rangers? The rest of the scores look normal although Signmaster is either a lot better or Champlain is a lot worse this year. Tonights match sounds like the best of this 1st weekend. I think the only thing that is mobile on my body are my fingers!:(

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Ranger and I are both mostly A Rangers, but we're all one big happy family. We just create two teams each week based on situational circumstances. One of our goals is to use the CAT system as much as possible -- unlike the past two years.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mcdirty

i remember thinking a few weeks back after mcdirty's first post that he was either with nk or city. and now we know. a wingnut of the first degree!!! heard some interesting utterances from him yesterday but the most memorable was grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. good one ya wacko. how did we not score on you plumber boy?

but as for the game i believe the nk guys know they got away lucky yesterday as possession was VERY lopsided. soon we'll have our keeper and 3 strikers back and we'll actually put the puck in the net. full marks to nk as we need to score to win but you definitely caught us on a good day with an injured player playing in net and several regulars missing due to other commitments/injuries. why soccer is not one of those commitments probably explains why we're in div 2 :(

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GRRRRRRRRRR

Hey bandcamp, We to were missing two of our stronger players,both of whom would have made you look silly!You guys lack alot of things, finishing is definetly at the top of that list!When the most skilled player on your team is 6 foot 6 350lbs you know your in trouble,pack it in guy we will own you the next time we play you!Ohh yeah ,hey Teelay you want to see a guy get shite kicked then take a run at me Id love to hurt someone!Who was that guy you were holding hands with after the game?

tsquare

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mcdirty,

Give your head a shake. Your comments on TTP are as brutal as your play yesterday. It's your defence and our lack of finish that made you look good yesterday.

Just a few rules you may want to remember for next week. These could have been costly to your team if we could hit the target.
1. A goalie CAN Not pick up a ball that has entered into play from a throw in.
2. A goalie has to release the ball BEFORE stepping outside his 18 yard box.

The Watcher, I agee with you, our post game performance was as bad as our on field play. That will be sorted out this week. P.s. you should be happy we were over at your cooler, we helped pay your monthly installments on your new tent.

Yomama and the Manager, I'm looking forward to the rematch. It was a good clean game. Congrats on the win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0