Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Predictions, Results & Post-Game Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Confederation Turf is the new style turf, longer blades exactly like Griffin. Other features include: grandstand seating for plenty of spectators so hopefully that will be enough room for all your personal groupies. A stylish portapotty in one corner and our change rooms are only 2 parks away. Big electronic score clock which we're hoping to have read JB's 4 (or higher) - Visitor 1 (or less) on a weekly basis. And finally, large fences behind each net almost high enough to contain most of our defenders attempts on net. Beer consumption only off the turf and the city is picky on this one. We lost this park from our summer league as rules were broken and loss of use was the penalty. Anything else....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big electronic score clock which we're hoping to have read JB's 4 (or higher) - Visitor 1 (or less) on a weekly basis.
How the fcuk did you get the league to give you all home games this year?

~Regs.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Score clock

Regs, when you're as good as us you get what you want ;)

Actually we don't even have use of the scoreclock, just wishful thinking. I'm sure some nights we won't want to even see the score, just that Monday won't be one of those nights :D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, read it again. He just hopes they will. ;)

Mickster, do really think you'll have that much trouble with beers 10pm on a Monday night?

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My team in Division 2 CAT has a game this Sunday. We haven't had a practice yet or even plan to have a practice before the game. So far all we've done is have three team meetings at the Croatian Center Lounge, filled up on pints of Becks and talked about how great we were when we were young and fit.

I predict we lose.

Croatia Classic 4
Surrey U 'C' 5

Croatia Classic goal scorers will be Peter Stipancic, Jure Hecimovic, Danny Has and Gordie Zlomoslic.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CDK

With a line up containing that list of four goal scorers I wouldnt be predicting a loss........
NK 4 PG 1.............
Gotta go cruise the beach in "Lapad"....see you tomorrow. Have a good training and make sure everything is ready for sunday....... Tell Bellotti to bring his little barbeque.....adio

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CDK

If you're predicting Peter to score a goal, then I'll have to show up to watch, if only to see his new aerodynamic shaved coif in action.....:D :D :D :p

Where are you playing?

Beers,

Stew:cool:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Chumplain dumpster boy

Hey FatBoy!

Time to get your fading eyesight checked again. Anything I had even remotely resembling a mullet disappeared long before Captain Whatsit's. Several years ago, actually. :p

I'm guessing that the real reason behind that slag is that you're a bit jealous. I've seen the last set of results that you got from using your flowbee, and they weren't pretty.:D

Croatia Classic attempted to join us overthehills, but were too young (not enough guys over 35 yet). Chances are reasonably good they will do it next year, though.

I know Peter, his wife, and all of his kids. I'm allowed to ttp him. Especially since he's now such a nice, cleancut guy....:p

Go update the league standings you've been waffling on.:p :p :p

tsquare

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prediction

Yomama,

What's your prediction for this weekends battle?

It sounds like you guys have been practicing as hard as us to kick off the season.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: CDK

Originally posted by stew
If you're predicting Peter to score a goal, then I'll have to show up to watch, if only to see his new aerodynamic shaved coif in action.....:D :D :D :p

Where are you playing?

Beers,

I've just been told Peter Stipancic has signed with the Croatia Over-40s instead. I guess he wants to wait until we're in the O-35's...

5-3 then.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CDK, are you lot playing at Hastings Bowl??? Anybody ever played there and whats the pitch like? I heard its pretty narrow.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hastings...

Zenga:

We had Hastings as a home park last year; the south field was in great shape and would only have been better if the Parks Board would have actually raked up the cut grass. Basically, it meant that when playing, you had to stop every couple of minutes to clean the thatch out of your cleats so you could actually stand up.

The north field seemed to be a bit dryer and got much heavier use (kids, VMSL, O40's) than the south one, but we were promised by the Parks Board that it had been rebuilt "more gooder."

Didn't find the fields incredibly narrow (I had to line the damned things frequently enough :rolleyes: ); they did play "fast" though. Won't be able to let you know for sure because we don't get a home game for the next four weeks....:rolleyes:

CDK:

See you next year with the rest of us oldfarts :)

Beers,

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tsquare,

I don't have a prediction because I have no idea how our team plays as a group ( a lot of new faces). We still have last years core, but I think it will take a few games for the new team to gel as a unit. It'll be close. But I predict your main striker won't score.;)

tsquare

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama,

What your not playing center forward?

Don't worry about our main striker, he's not playing this weekend. We will be missing a number of regulars due to being away and injury.

I predice a close low scoring grinder match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts