Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Div 2Cup Predictions-Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Div 2Cup Predictions this weekend

robj said:
mickster,
Primos classic game won't be that interesting we'll be lucky to field a team.

Robj,

When you list World Championship Poker as one of your sports, please understand it when people think you are playing 'Possum' or in other words 'putting on your poker face'. :cool:

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

bonefish said:
Robj,

When you list World Championship Poker as one of your sports, please understand it when people think you are playing 'Possum' or in other words 'putting on your poker face'. :cool:

World Championship of Poker is something I follow religously, not something I play as a sport :). If we played the game last week we would of had a full squad. This was a bad weekend to play, a lot of the guys on our team have kids with commitments this weekend that's all I meant. I will be suprised if we have one sub at the game.

To quote CDK in the Training Secrets post. "We had only one practice this season. It was in September, 10 guys showed up 6 practiced for 30mins and we drank beer the rest of the time".

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Robj,

Given your record and especially the GF/GA, there is an indication that there may be some training issues but obviously the talent is there if your squad has potted 53 goals. The primos have some snipers so good luck and I anxious to see the scoreline cause I have my chips on a result with lots of goals...

-PokemonOrPokerFace...WhoWillShowOnSundayForTheCSCClassics-

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

bonefish said:
Robj,

Given your record and especially the GF/GA, there is an indication that there may be some training issues but obviously the talent is there if your squad has potted 53 goals. The primos have some snipers so good luck and I anxious to see the scoreline cause I have my chips on a result with lots of goals...

-PokemonOrPokerFace...WhoWillShowOnSundayForTheCSCClassics-

Goals Against, as the keeper I must say I have had quite a few off days and have been bailed out by some of our forwards. No excuses I finally got my Edgar Davids sports "classes" (as CDK) calls them. So I should be able to save those 40 footers ;) .

Looking forward to a good game this weekend.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primos actually seem worried about us. :D Sure we have 5 forwards to choose from that have played premier...10 years ago! Our mid-field and defense can't run for more then 10 minutes before running out of gas.

This is my take if we get our best 13 players out. If you guys are the shits we'll destroy you. If you have a decent div 2 team we will still beat you. If you have a young, fit and fast team with some soccer sense you'll give us a lot of trouble and it could go either way.

Cheers
CDK

PS I will not be there this weekend so don't bother looking for me.:cool:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So far 2 of our top forwards are out and our star defender, the one who's only played 4 games all season, can't play.

Primo's chances are looking better... I'll keep you posted.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 2 - Primos 1

A quite amusing game. Very slow paced, with both teams not really caring too much about it. Essentially it was a tale of one team (us) carrying 75% of the play but who could not score (should have been up by 3 or 4 at the half)and another team (Croatia) playing kick and run, getting 2 goals on 4 chances ... the first with their slowest guy basically running through 3 of our guys :rolleyes: ... the 2nd in OT coming off our defender's shin.

Props to Croatia for doing what was necessary to win. We were our own worst enemy with the inability to finish, but moreso from our lacksidasical manner in which we played. Maybe we were thinking more about our daunting task in league play, but whatever...

Half our guys in the dressing room were laughing in disbelief from the loss ... the other half pissed with out inability to beat such a team. Oh well, onwards we go in league play. And it's up to Blaze to carry the 2"A" torch :cool:

BTW, the Crotaia goalie was pretty solid - best player on the field for both teams IMO...

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teelay,

Tough luck against Croatia. The Fireflakes got themselves knocked out in the first round as well....that is pretty pathetic boyz. So you've left it up to the Blaze to show up for Div 2A. Not a problem....the more soccer we play the better we get....looking forward to playing you as well for Div. 1 promo, which looks like it will be sooner than later. Perfect

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't believe our guys we sent out today won that game!?!? I wasn't there but I heard we had three subs who didn't want to come on so we made no subs. :D From what I was told... we played the ball around for about thirty seconds before we figured out we are way too out-of-shape to try and hold onto the ball on a soggy pitch. After we scored first our guys basically said kick the fcuker out every time it comes into our half.

Heard Primos goal was class. Two posts and in...

Just so the Primos don't think they played our best team...we had 6 former premier players, including 3 forwards, 2 midfielders and a superstar defender missing for this game.;)

Onto the next victim...I guess?

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes this is all true but the keeper you guys brought down made the difference in the game with a couple of great saves.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CDK said:
I can't believe our guys we sent out today won that game!?!?
In Cup Play there is no sure thing. Case in point is last years cup final. Bonefish was sitting pretty to win the TTP Div2 Cup pool. The burnaby boyz in orange and black needed only to mind their p's and q's and play their game to win the double. However, the Hazed ones from the cow pasture, took advantage of the fact Cliffy's venerable mascot, the Balaclava'd Pink Thong Marauder had recently been arrested on 1 misdemeanor account of public intoxication, and 1 felony account of indecent exposure. Blaze Rep1 and the rest of the Tsawassen crew handed, Cliff Ave, a nice loss as a, "Good Luck in Div1" parting gift.
There is never a lock in Cup play.

One last thing, The reason that the CS Classic's keeper was so hot was the fact that he was peppered with so many shots. Poor Big Bird on the other hand touched the ball all of 3 times in the 60 minutes that I watched. On the golden goal in OT he was probably daydreaming of a beach in Barbados with one glove in his drawers trying to fend off frostbite. I was suprised actually when he managed to break the ice at his feet and dive for the corner just missing the ball with the ice cubes which he used to call fingers....

The Primos did not finish their meals so they get to spend the rest of Cup in their rooms....You got to finish your chances or, you are out on your ass or have 6 ties like the Beam..

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Bird said:
yes this is all true but the keeper you guys brought down made the difference in the game with a couple of great saves.

We did not bring our keeper down he has been with us a along, he just was recovering from a knee injury for the last 6 mos. Yes he made some big saves in the first ten minutes that changed the momentum, but was going on about how easy it is to save shots that are shot right at him. ;)

You are right Teelay you guys did carry most of the play although I don't think it was 75%. The thing that blew me away was we were missing 6 of our best players and we managed to pull it off. I guess I expected a hell of a lot more from you guys.

The guy who scored your goal had the right idea shoot. It was a beautiful goal that not one goalie could have saved. Definately a high light reel goal. You boys were unlucky in the end.

I would definately love to play you guys with our best team. Actually if our game wasn't postponed last week it would have made for a better game.

As the Croats would say idemo dalje!

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps, against United Nationals I'm sure it won't matter what team Classic has out playing. Should be an easy win for Classic vs a less than impressive opponent.

Looking forward to our old nemesis Knights next weekend. Should be a decent battle between 2 aging sides.

We'll see if RFC can continue the run to wipeout the top teams from 2B but with 4 goals for and 11 against in their past 4 games, TS and the boys will be in tough out on the cow pasture!!

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here are my pics for this round:

Game 17: WFC Rangers 'A' vs Bombastic SC 'A'
Game 18: Bombastic 'B' vs PwC Rangers
Game 19: Westside C-men vs Champlain Heights

Game 20: Signmaster SC vs Bosna Kosova

Game 21: City FC Rangers 'A' vs 'B' United

Game 22: Point Grey Strikers 'B' vs Ravens FC

Game 23: City FC Blaze 'B' vs Westside Rino 'C'
Game 24: WFC Rangers 'B' vs Indo FC 'C'

Game 25: Pegasus FC 'C' vs Club Ireland Hibs

Game 26: Western Union Sarajevo 2 vs NK Hrvat

Game 27: Winner of Game 12 vs Elephant Walk

Game 28: Norvan JB's vs Westside Knights

Game 29: City FC Blaze 'A' vs Richmond FC

Game 30: Sikh Temple 'B' vs Norvan Falcons ???????

Game 31: Shaheen FC vs Alemania SC

Game 32: Croatia SC Classic vs United Nationals

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Once again bonefish hits the nail on the head. We didn't finish our dinner and should be sent to the wood shed rather than our rooms. But you must have missed the deflection the ball took off my defender on the shot, otherwise the ball would have rolled nicely to my outstretched ice cube trays.

robj I figured your keeper was brought down becuase of the "spectacled" larger keeper of yours who posted up here pre game and also becuase of your teamates speaking of the keeper that played like he was new to the team, but full marks for you guys for finishing us off.

thebirdwasdreamingofhawaiinotbarbados

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps picks

C'mon Gurpy boy, give ol'e Bombastic a little more credit eh! Just because I called you a beatch after that magnificent straight arm you gave me on Sunday....just kidding(put smilie here as I can't seem to). I think both of our matches could go either way with Rangers vs. "A" being a good tilt to watch. Methinks PwC can be beaten with solid defending and counterattack( so my spies tell me!). If the flood lets up.

ps How the hell do I get the smilies working on my posts!!!!

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
mickster said:
We'll see if RFC can continue the run to wipeout the top teams from 2B but with 4 goals for and 11 against in their past 4 games, TS and the boys will be in tough out on the cow pasture!!

In our defense, after we lost to WUS (who we dominated) committment and attendance has fallen off a bit. We had 11 against both Ewalk and Cmen, and 9 against Signmaster, which included no goalie and only 6 starters. We were up 1-0 at the half and could've hung on if our goalie actually had gloves with grip on them! The game meant nothing to us as were already out of the promo race. Hopefully we get a full squad against the Blaze. Can't wait to renew the old rivalry. The last 2 games, we tied 2-2 and lost in PKs in last year's cup semis. IF (and that's a big IF) we get our top guys out, I think we can go far in the cup draw, just need to get the first one (and hardest one) out of the way. Hopefully the cow pasture has been grazed lately, we could be in for an ugly one this sunday. Best of luck to everyone.

TS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0