Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Div 2Cup Predictions-Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yo Gurps

Unlucky Gurps. Turf's a bitch innit! Hoping our A's get some revenge against PwC tomorrow. Playing for the C's on Sunday at South Mo. Hopefully hold off City as they have a game in hand against us. I know, it's only for 5th but hey, whatever pride one can salvage! I think our A's have decent shot at the final. Any preds?

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher...cmon!

I was hiding in the bushes and saw the Beakman break down on a couple of occasions....lets call a spade a spade,I know what I am (out of luck,weird and maybe even phsycotic)but watcher,watch what you say about mcdirty cuase his prayers come to fruition(I know youll know what Im talking about Watcher)!Wish I would have had the team you have now in front of me to start the season,must be nice!See you this weekend....if they let me out! ;)

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK is OUT with a sad 2-1 penalty kick loss to Club Ireland.

NK took the lead in the first half. Ireland replied in the second with about 20 minutes to go. Basically, it was their only shot on net and it was bounced off their man's head and lobbed over into the net. Unlucky for NK. In extra time, NK had two excellent scoring opportunities (break away and free shot from 18) but both went inches wide of the right post. They are young and fit and lucky to walk away with the win.

Elephant Walk have nothing to fear from their offence as they weren't able to mount much of one, but they do like to run and that keeps them in games.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Basically, it was their only shot on net and it was bounced off their man's head and lobbed over into the net. Unlucky for NK. In extra time, NK had two excellent scoring opportunities (break away and free shot from 18) but both went inches wide of the right post. They are young and fit and lucky to walk away with the win.

NK were actually decent guys. Unfortunately Yomama is yoblinda. NK had NO fitness. They were done in the second half and in overtime. Yes, they had ONE great chance in overtime when the guy whiffed in a breakaway, compliments of a bad header. To be honest, NK was mince. Our CAT team did lack anything up front and in the midfield for that matter......:( but the defense was solid. Number 20 and 19 were decent players for NK but overall, they were a solid bunch of plunkers. Good guys though. Well done, NK, and good luck the rest of the season. So much for the CAT teams being done after this weekend. Well done, Club I. A solid win , a Huns' loss, and of course, another thumping for Celtic. Combo that with two wins for the women and it has been an outstanding Sunday. :)

Captain

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Classic is out.

4-2. Our best players didn't show-up. Excuses like "I'm sick and I'm coaching my sons hockey team", "My son has the chicken pox", "My knee is fcuked" :rolleyes: ,"I promised a buddy I'd help him move today" and "My wife says I cant". We still had a team that could have won if we didn't play as bad as we did... Still went through 9 - 24's;)

The other team was better than us today and the reffing was excellent so we can't complain.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC 4- Falcons 3 (PKs)

Good game overall. We played without our regular goalie for the whole game, until he subbed himself on for PKs! We were down 2-0 and 3-1 and battled back to tie the game at 3-3 with 5 mins left to force OT. They were a solid team with 5-6 real good players, but most of all they were young and fast. They had us down, but let us back in the game on a number of occasions. The refereeing was great, so no complaints there. It could've gone either way with both teams having chances to end it. In PKs they hit 2 posts and our keep made one save, we hit 4 of 5 to win it.
We had a couple of key injuries in the first half, but hopefully they'll be back for the quarters against Shaheen.
Anyone got dirt on Shaheen. I've never seen them play, and have no idea what they're like.

TS

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shock of the day: E.Walk over JB's. What the fcuk? I was picking them to go the distance.

Short word on Shaheen: the keeper's crap.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Bitter Beam

There are 17 blue JimBeam jerseys that did not have enough sweat, mud nor blood on them at the end of game to warrant a victory. I think we took things a bit lightly at the beginning of the game but more importantly got back to our old ways of playing ball that was more like the Beam of the early season than the team that has not lost since October. End result a 3-0 loss to E.W who despite being moderatly outplayed, did what was needed to be done to get the victory. Full marks to them.

It would seem that last weeks reunion with the FieldTurf left us a bit unprepared to play on a divut riddled Adanac pitch. As our passes started to go awry players began holding onto the ball way too often.

EW's first goal came after 3 or failed clearance attempts by our D which after a scramble and a hack, led to a free kick at the top of the box. The 250lb Elephant Walk Striker with a ball wrecking shot bent the kick around the wall into the far corner for the 1st tally.

Into the second half and against the flow of play a pass back was bobbled and when our keeper tried to clear it, it bounced off an EW striker and rolled into the back of net. This goal was a killer but it should not have been as we had several chances previously to knot things up.

The third goal came on a EW throughball as the JimBeam crew were pushing forward in the final 20 of the game. It was a near offside/too close to call play where our D was playing for the trap as the aforementioned 250lb striker was walking back near our 18. However, it was another forward who took the pass and the ref ruled that the other player was not involved....the proverbial nail in the coffin. We kept pushing and had some chances but were not able to put the ball in the net. The story of our game. Although there were some key breakdowns, no one player on our team should take the blame as there many times where someone could have made a better pass, sooner, finished a run that could have resulted in a rebound, etc etc...
E.W., although their are a whiny team(amongst themselves mostly) played a decent "team game". We, shoulda, coulda, woulda and that it for this season's cup...

-CanYouSuperSizeThatBottleofBeamPlease-

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky

Had you pegged for the win as well JB's. Ewalk has sagged as of late. Had pops with my old Cmen buds and Signpainters barely got away with it ( I quote one of their own). Bombastic takes it all. I love beer. Two truths. (i'm also a responsible adult eh!) Okay, maybe 2 and 1/2.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaheen=Crap

TS,

Longer word on Shaheen.

Whole team crap. saw them play City FC rangers earlier this year. They were crap up-front, mince in midfield and looked like swiss cheese at the back. Their goalie had a decent game though. You, if you play ok, should beat them easily.

EWalks

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It seems that everyone’s forgotten about our team during this years cup play and we have quietly snuck into the round of eight.

Granted we have had a forgettable season, but to take things lightly against us was a mistake. This season has been riddled with injuries for our squad, at times we have missed up to eight starters from our line up. That’s the way things go sometimes and as a collective team we need to battle through the hard times and become stronger.

To take us lightly was a mistake, since the Christmas break we have gone undefeated 4-1-0 with 16 goals for and 4 goals conceded over that span. We are still carrying a lot of injuries however a few key players have returned and we have adapted a system which has worked for us.

Its funny how whenever a team loses it’s always something; the ref was crap, the field was a goat track, we out chanced them, they got some lucky goals, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah…

How about this “You played a better team on Sunday and lost”.

That attitude is very reflective of the JB’s defender “two foot tackle from behind” who with ten minutes left in the game and the score 3-0 began chirping off to our team is “shite”.

Someone should of walked over to him, grabbed his ear and whispered into it “Hey idiot they are beating us 3 to 0”

Overall the game was a hard fought battle and the majority of the JB’s are good guys, a couple of mistakes by the JB’s keeper cost them the game; hiding behind the wall on the free kick 1-0 and trying to be fancy on a pass back 2-0.

Also note our 250lb player is a defender who has been converted to a striker three games ago and he has scored 5 goals over that span. Wrecking ball for a shot damn rights!

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
EWalks said:
How about this “You played a better team on Sunday and lost”.

A couple of mistakes by the JB’s keeper cost them the game; hiding behind the wall on the free kick 1-0 and trying to be fancy on a pass back 2-0.

Also note our 250lb player is a defender who has been converted to a striker three games ago and he has scored 5 goals over that span. Wrecking ball for a shot damn rights!

I would like you to rephrase your 1st statement, "You were the better team on that particular Sunday" I agree. You won the game. There is still one match left in the schedule between our squads so we will see if field availability is such that we meet again.

As you pointed out, there were a couple of mistakes that led to goals that was a key point to the game. When your keep and defenders made mistakes and broke coverage, which they did, we did not make you pay.

I need to get some background info on "2-Fiddy". I am gonna spike his pregame pasta with some depressants to take a little heat off that hammer..... :)

Best of luck to E.W. in the remaing Cup games representing 2 C! Ya Bastards!!

-BitterBones-

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ewalks, full value for the win. Yours and Bones analysis seems pretty fair. Unnecessary foul by our backline and poor positioning by our keeper led to the first goal. And yes, it was a well taken strike by your big man. After that I thought we carried more of the play and were awarded about 10 first half corners that our big men just couldn't convert. If we had been able to capitalize on corners you guys could have been in trouble. The second goal, well brutal, very similar to the first equalizer last Monday vs Knights. Keepers are in a tough position that if they fcuk up its a goal, but come on, a passback, just kick the ball out at worst!! 3rd goal wouldn't have happened if we weren't down 2. Tried to push up, I was outnumbered at the back, your big man was offside and Frankie was close, no call and Frankie finished well albeit easily on the completely unchallenged breakaway. Good luck the rest of the way. Still one make up game to go vs you guys too, hopefully we can learn to finish on grass by then!!

EWalks

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Bonefish, I don’t feel that I need to rephrase my first comment since we have never lost to you guys in the four games we have played each other >

Elephant Walk 5 JB’s 1 - Loutet park 2002/03
JB’s 0 Elephant Walk 1 - Hillcrest park 2002/03
JB’s 1 Elephant Walk 1 - Confederation turf field 2003/04
Elephant Walk 3 JB’s 0 – Adanac park 2003/04

However you guys did beat our CAT team 3-0 so I guess that counts for something ;)

In all fairness you guys are a good squad you’ve got a much improved team then the one we played early last season, good speed, and tuff to mark on set pieces and corners because of your team size.

However we are no slouches either and deserve some respect. I guarantee if we stay healthy next year we will contend for promotion once again.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

H

Hot Walk

Bonefish

I have to also disagree with you on one of your points.

"When your keep and defenders made mistakes and broke coverage, which they did"

Our keeper and d-men had very few if any mistakes. We marked you guys on set pieces better then anyone has in a while, limited any quality chances on goal (shots on goal from 40 yards out that sail over the net by 10 feet don't count as scoring chances) and our goalie did not make any mistakes, as I clearly recall he made a save on a break away early when it was 0-0 and then later made a tremendous save to his left on a hammer of a shot from around the penalty spot when it was 3-0. Best save I have seen all year!!!

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hot Walk said:
Our keeper and d-men had very few if any mistakes.... We marked you guys on set pieces better then anyone has in a while, limited any quality chances on goal and our goalie did not make any mistakes.
[/b]

Like you said your D did make some mistakes and we did not capitalize on them. We did have some quality chances(there were at least 2 free headers in your 18) and your keeper did cough up a few rebounds that we did not take advantage of. The early opportunity you mentioned would have been a tally if I had done a followup run as I should have. I am not trying to take anything away from E.W. as your team made good with a solid, complete effort and ours didn't. I could talk about how a couple of different bounces and how a 2goal deficit is much different from a one goal deficit but that is not going to lead us anywhere. E.W won the game fair and square and your Cup drive is still alive.

Peace-

-BitterBones2DaysLater-

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cougs win, Cougs win!!!

I wasn't able to make the game today, neither was our goalie of 3 other starters! Apparently, we started with 10 guys and 2 more showed off before the half. From what I heard, we outplayed them for most of the game and had more scoring chances. They pressed hard for the last 10 and almost tied it, but we held on for the W.
Off to the finals for the Cougs and a chance to make something of our season after letting promo slip through our fingers, and off to the Island (apparently) for this year's Provincial 'B' Cup.
Looking forward to the offseason, though, and a 'heavy recruiting' drive to ensure the last pieces of the puzzle are there next year to ensure promo. A new coach is the first thing (Come back, Petey, come back!!).

Go RFC

B.R. KELLY

Sep 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predicting a Cougs 2-1 Victory on the weekend.
Don't know if these 2 teams have played before, if not, all the cougs need to do is be physical with these guys. young team, fast, small, mostly dorks....shouldnt be a problem TS & the boys....if you play like you did when you beat us....game over. hope you'll like the adjustments the blaze made to the trophy.......
OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0