Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Div 2Cup Predictions-Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I could,I would!

If I wasnt suspended I would do everything I could do Mcfatass,but unfortunatly punching a persian guy in the mouth gets you more of a suspension than I first thought ;) .My prediction is that NK would have won 4-0,or 4-1 had I been in nets ,but NK is happy with their goaltender that they cant put anywhere else on the field ,so unfortunatly I beleive I will be a chearleader heading the fanclub from my pc!Like I say goodluck boys ;) obviously the grass your talking of on the 2c side is a little more potent than I thought,hope you guys arent smoking it cuase if the chance to play you guys is still there I predict NK will destroy you :eek:

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: If I could,I would!

mcdirty said:
I predict NK will destroy you :eek:
Where have I have heard this line before.....Now I remember, it was from watcher, ironmike, bjb and vrater a couple of years back. This is back in NK's "train" age as I like to refer to it as the Div 2 forums were rife with choo choo references from these guys. And everytime the train met the bottle 'o' beam...bad things would happen and it usally meant a multiple goal ventilation of those nice white jerseys you used to wear. I think it was 6-0 at Clinton and and 6-1 at Clevland. Here is one little train story from that season....

Good luck on Sunday!!

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frankenstein,( oops) Mcdirty lives!

Tha Monsta lives! Run, run for your lives!! So it was another 4 games. Unlucky!

Bonefish- you are a poet! The Grimms Fairy Tale was freakin' hilarious!

Good luck to both!

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We like to keep it quite BONEFISH but if you inssist.We started better then them scoring within 2 minutes.Than midway the first half we scored another to make it 2-0.They pulled one back at the end of the half and the game got very tense.We started well in the second and our superstar smashed one in from 25 yards.3-1 NK.The ref gives them a penalty which our defenders claim it was't but i am not going to make excuses about that.They were pushing very hard after that and they got the 3rd to tie it up.5 minutes before time as they were getting toooooo excited another superstar smashed a volley from 25 yards which left the goalie with nothing to do.It was a very tense game till the end and they are a taugh team to beat.I think they the will get promotion this year.Mcdirty what's up man long time no see

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish i don't know what happened 2 or 3 years ago but i can tell you this much.We do have some good players this year.I am not saying we will beat you or Club I.We will focus on playing our best against whoever comes next.Good luck to you too

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hung out to DRY

Where were these four goal outputs when I was playing for you guys?Anyways back to plotting my own Death ;)

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bored at work so here's some meaningless analysis. Of the 17 teams remaining in the cup....(division and ranking)

2A - 1 (5th)
2B - 5 (1st,4th,6th,7th,8th)
2C - 6 (3rd,4th,5th,7th,8th,10th)
CAT A - 2 (2nd,3rd)
CAT B - 3 (1st,2nd,3rd)

Should be an interesting weekend. The strong CAT teams are surviving but other than that it seems to be a crapshoot. Did I get any of my picks right last week?!? Hopefully Fingers and the boys can prove me wrong again and pull off another upset to knock off the top team from 2B. At least 2 teams from 2C will be advancing to the quarters but thats the only thing I'm certain of. Good luck to all this weekend.

Bombastic A vs PwC Rangers
Westside C-Men vs Signmaster
City FC Rangers vs PG Strikers B
Westside Rino C vs WFC Rangers B
Club I Hibs vs NKH
Elephant Walk vs Norvan JB's
Richmond vs Sikh B/Norvan Falcons
Shaheen FC vs Croatia Classic

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cool. I like being the underdog. Just curious, Mickster. In a match up between WUS and Club Ireland, who would you chose? Since you played WUS you should be able to give a fair prediction on this hypothetical match.

Classic will be tested with the pace of Shaheen. If they use subs wisely, Classic can take it.

By the way, what is the policy with Cat teams? Can they use players from higher divisions when their higher division clubs are knocked out? Or do they register their team before cup begins and that's all they can use? Some clarification would help.

Good luck to all the teams this weekend (except CI).

;)

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Yomama, hows things!! In my original predictions I didn't think Club I would get by Peg and I had Peg or Surrey C knocking off WUS. I felt one of the top CAT teams could take out WUS so if the matchup was Club I and WUS I'd still take Club I. Good luck to you guys though, and take my predictions lightly as I got most of them wrong last week!!

As for CAT teams, they have to declare prior to the start of cup which team they are playing with. Your answer therefore is NO, once the CAT teams higher team is out they cannot bring players down to help out in the div 2 cup.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, what to say.
First, why the fcuk did the league schedule John V to ref our game?
The guy kicked out of the league and just recently re-instated.
I this case the ref had a huge impact on the game.
He has advantage all backwards. You do not call advantage for one team when the other team has the ball.

But, I cannot blame the ref completely for the loss. C-men came out hungry and were first to ball more often than us. They did generate the better chances. They do play one ugly style of soccer. Bunch up on the defence and then pound that ball as far as you can, in hopes that the opposing d-line makes a mistake.

As for the field, well lets say it felt more like a beach tourney that a cup game. There was more sand tyhan grass. Mybe thats why the C-men were playing that style of game.

Tough way to loose.

As for my preds.
It could be a all 2c final again.
Signmasters has been playing well as of late and the JB are a strong side.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
McDirty suspended?

What? Do tell. Punched a Persian fella? But they're so nice to play against.

I've been away for a while and didn't want to comment until we had 9th place cemented. Still a chance for 10th thought so here's to having our fingers crossed.

Erion, did you say you had a superstar? Come on now...let's not get carried away. Was it you?

hammer

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish,Bandcamp,Mickster Therapist et al.
Just a quick post from the Hammer hanging out in Calgary, looking at the dust collecting on the old boots and miss the old game of footie! Indoor footie is not as pure as the outside game!

Good luck to Norvan and PG Rangers in the cup!

Bandcamp/Mickster have any tallies in the goal column?

The hammer is back and ready to post! :eek:

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hammertime - can't touch this...

...welcome hammer! Good to hear from you. Thanks for your well wishes to the PG Rangers in the cup except WE'RE OUT! Par for the course really as we are not a particularly good team. Pulling for the Beam all the way though - good fellas over there.

Lots of tallys this year but if you don't count the ones here on TTP on the NK windups, then just 2 - thanks for asking.

Keep the rambling posts coming.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it is time for the Watcher to end his self imposed exile from this forum.
There are a few points that the Watcher feels need to be addressed.
-First it is nice to hear my old friend CDK wishing myself and his alma matter well.
-I do not wish however to have to face Cro C in the semis. There are to many familiar faces I might end up passing the ball to by accident.

-NK had its the strongest team its had in a decade against WUS.
-At 3-1 the ref let them back in the game with a freebee unjust penalty shot that almost derailed the train. Yes the choo choo references are back.
-All four NK goals were a sight to behold.
-The cougars beat us in the round of 16 last year by a score of 1-0 in a great cup match that could have gone either way. However the Watcher felt that they were lacking in class in their post game comments both at the pitch and online.
-elephant walk beat us in the round of 16 the year before when in the dying seconds of double OT someone ripped in a wicked 30 yarder.
-NSU whipped us twice in league play two years ago 6-0 and 6-1 but we will avenge that in the semis if they make it.
-And the NS falcons just ended our three game winning streak at their park while we were terribly short and while doing so showed the worst display of sportsmanship one can imagine.
-all four of the above mentioned teams make for an emotionally packed semi final matchup with NK. Anything can happen thought so we are not counting our chips yet.
-PS ...McDirty...Beekman payed awesome between the pipes and should not be at the brunt of your anger. You have only your own lack of control to blame for your half seasons worth of suspensions. He has been amongst our most if not these most manly contributor to NK's efforts the past two seasons and a class guy of the pitch. If the Watcher was you he would print a retraction for your own KARMA....... By the way come out of hiding and see all your new friends on NK before you're put on milk cartons and sour all the milk......YOUR FRIEND ...WATCHER

Gotta go no time for a snazzy saying.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back home from indoor training and the Watcher will post his preds.

Game 33: Bombastic SC 'A' vs PwC Rangers.....Ever since NK whipped them 5-1 they are beating everyone.

Game 34: Westside C-men vs Signmaster SC ..... I think but dont really know.

Game 35: City FC Rangers 'A' vs Point Grey Strikers 'B'.....But this one might turn out to be a cinderella story.

Game 36: Westside Rino 'C' vs WFC Rangers 'B' .....could be ugly.

Game 37: Club Ireland Hibs vs NK Hrvat.....won't be easy.... it never is.

Game 38: Elephant Walk vs Norvan JB's.....The game is in east van though, and I would like the elephants to win.

Game 39: Richmond FC vs Norvan Falcons.....Richmond at least had class during the game when we played them in last years round of 16.

Game 40: Shaheen FC vs Croatia SC Classic.....If I dont pick the Croats I'll be even more villified than I possibly already am. My advise would be that they should concentrate on having a very strong midfield even if it means playing a 4-5-1.

ClubICan'tCopeorConteractCrispCunningCourageousCroatsCutanddry.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hammer, nice to hear from you. I thought I was doing well this year, tied with Led up until last weekend in goals for. Unfortunately the truth hit me and I realize I have 0 goals and 0 assists. Fortuantely though, I also have 0 own goals and no pk's caused. My post game bevvie consuption is doing alright though. I know you'd be concerned about that! I'm surprised your computer is even working, I thought you'd be under about 10 feet of snow!!

Watcher, hopefully you guys get past Club I and we get past EW. Could be interesting to rekindle an old rivalry. Didn't really give you guys much chance against WUS but my predictions have been mostly wrong this year. Good luck this weekend and maybe we'll see you next round.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
watcher said:
Game 40: Shaheen FC vs Croatia SC Classic.....If I dont pick the Croats I'll be even more villified than I possibly already am. My advise would be that they should concentrate on having a very strong midfield even if it means playing a 4-5-1.

4-5-1? Thanks for the advice, Watcher. I know we will need a lot of luck if we are to have any chance in this game. Fast teams always give us a lot of trouble. George Hec, Rob Mrsic, Joe Ruk, Danny Has and Peter Stipancic will have a lot work to do to keep the score in our favour...

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
N.Van Falcons 1 Sikh Temple "B" 0

N.Van scored with about five mins left in the game. They are a young fit team, and it was a good clean hard game. It was tough for our guys to adjust to the turf, as we have played grass all year, and the turf gave them a huge advantage due to there speed. N.Van was full marks for the win, but playing our "home" game on there turf was definately a disadvantage for us. We had a few good chances, but could not finish, and losing with about five mins left was tough to swallow, especially since our starting keeper got hurt with about 25 mins left, forcing us to alter our lineup, and pulling our starting center mid into net.

Anyways, good luck to TS and the boys Sunday, should be a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0