Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Div 2Cup Predictions-Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone have any predictions for this weekend?

Game 17: WFC Rangers 'A'
Game 18: Bombastic 'B'
Game 19: Westside C-men
Game 20: Signmaster SC
Game 21: City FC Rangers 'A'
Game 22: Point Grey Strikers 'B'
Game 23: Westside Rino 'C'
Game 24: WFC Rangers 'B'
Game 25: Club Ireland Hibs
Game 26: Western Union Sarajevo
Game 27: Winner of Game 12
Game 28: Westside Knights
Game 29: City FC Blaze 'A'
Game 30: Sikh Temple 'B'
Game 31: Shaheen FC
Game 32: Croatia SC Classic

Good luck to all.

CIC

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game 17: WFC Rangers 'A' vs Bombastic SC 'A'
Game 18: Bombastic 'B' vs PwC Rangers
Game 19: Westside C-men vs Champlain Heights
Game 20: Signmaster SC vs Bosna Kosova
Game 21: City FC Rangers 'A' vs 'B' United
Game 22: Point Grey Strikers 'B' vs Ravens FC
Game 23: City FC Blaze 'B' vs Westside Rino 'C'
Game 24: WFC Rangers 'B' vs Indo FC 'C'
Game 25: Pegasus FC 'C' vs Club Ireland Hibs
Game 26: Western Union Sarajevo 2 vs NK Hrvat
Game 27: Winner of Game 12 vs Elephant Walk
Game 28: Norvan JB's vs Westside Knights
Game 29: City FC Blaze 'A' vs Richmond FC
Game 30: Sikh Temple 'B' vs Norvan Falcons
Game 31: Shaheen FC vs Alemania SC
Game 32: Croatia SC Classic vs United Nationals

GoldenGoal

Feb 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
"...due to the fact that we cannot bring down any players."

Pegasus Rangers C won all of their games with their own team. They did not use even ONE Premier or Cat 1 player all year.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 1-0 over Champlain (Golden Goal)

we came out flat today but started to pick things up towards the midway part of the first half.....second half was a bit of a sleeper and they had the only chances.......we dominated possesion but didn't have a shot all game......they missed an open net on one of their counter attacks......honestly how does that team win games.......all they did was sit 5 or 6 guys behind the ball all game......they were playing for the 1-0 win or maybe go to shoot out and they got it......we had a chance towards the end of the 2nd half and the ball was just headed over the bar.........extra time comes and they get a guy open on the wing.......the handled the ball to stop it from going out (but we had that old senile ref who can't ref if his life depends on it) and he let it go........he whipped in a low cross which was met by their player who was wide open in my area......I charged him but he poked it over me as I was going down.......game over and tough break for us.......I wish the bastard called the handball since he was in position to see it but what can you do........now it's time to try and play the spoilers to WUS.......goodluck to the C-Men but in all honesty if they keep playing like they did today they'll get beat

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
There will be no repeat for the Blaze this year in the Div. 2 Cup. Went to PK's again with Richmond and lost after the 10th kick. I only saw the second half...pretty evenly matched and spirited affair. Time for the Blaze to concentrate on making promo with two games left.

Good luck to Richmond the rest of the way. I'm picking the other half of City FC....the Rangers...to take the cup this year.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
B.R. KELLY said:
CALLING OUT PORKRIND:

Whatsup man, cat got the tounge. All year you've been one of the biggest posters on TTP, now that you guys lost, you got nothin to say???Whats your take on the loss etc. Re-attach your balls - time for your 2 cents. Dont be such a spoilsport.
out

What's your take on the game B.R. Kelly? :p

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aaargh!

fcukfcukfcukfcukfcukenfcuk!!??!?#*#! PwC are a classy team. We could not finish in the 2nd half which we owned. Golden mistake decides the game.

Cmen were lucky and will not go any further after an incredibly lucky 1st round draw( sorry CK )

See Ya Blaze! Good luck TS.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC 2- Blaze 1 (PKs)

What a game! It was very similar to last year's semi-final, with Blaze scoring first (looked offside, but wasn't called) and then us replying about 5 mins later on a deadly free-kick from about 25 yards out. It was a tough, aggressive game, as expected. To both team's credit, no one lost their cool, and the game was played with some class. We knew going in that it would be physical, and it was. Blaze had more scoring chances, and we often found ourselves hanging on for dear life at certain stretches. We had some great counter attacks, but fizzled when we got near their box. They probably deserved a better result, but we played hard and were deserving of a victory as well.
The game was stopped about 5 mins into the first OT half as our goalie was knocked unconcious during the play. Ambulance, FD, were called and he was attended to. Then, against our suggestions, he subbed himself back on and wanted to play. We told him about 'second impact' sydrome, where he could die if he gets another concussion, but he wouldn't listen, and chose to play anyways. Crazy thing is, he even saved a PK! Anyways, full marks to Blaze for playing hard and best of luck to them in their 'fight' for promo (won't be much of a fight, it's theirs).

Thanks to all those who didn't pick us to win, just added more motivation.

Go RFC.

B.R. KELLY

Sep 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dear GURPS:

No problem. Unlike porkrind, i'm not a complete internet geek, and have under 3000 posts on this site. That was my reasoning for calling him out. Good game by both teams yesterday, 2 hours of that shite takes its toll the next day...we did have the better chances & dominated the 1st half..should have been over at halftime.hope your goalie is ok, but in all 3 games weve played you guys, he's been hurt????? time to retire bud. the loss is probably a blessing, as we get to play primos with nobody suspended, if we went further in the cup, we would have accumulated more yellows for sure. anyways, Cougs have an easy path to the finals, where they will meet city f.c rangers...
out

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I 2 - 1 (Golden Goal) Pegasus FC 'C'

Rough game going both ways and the ref didn't help much for either side.

However a fair result considering the hoops were reduced to 10 men only 25 minutes into the game. :)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since we bowed out on 2 PK's to 1 against Bombastic A on Saturday, I'll have to give my nod to Westside Rino's C for the top half of the tree. With many of their 1CAT team available to them, they'll be a tough team to beat. I think they made it to the Semi's last year, and have only been developing more since then.

On the bottom half, look for Richmond to stumble along to the quarters semi's where they'll meet, Jim Beam (I'm not sure the Knights will have a full squad tonight).

Rino to take it all.

[Tree here.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the NK camp. Especially to my old friend Watcher who I know is already eyeing up a cup match up with Classic.;)

As for our game against United Nationals...I can't really say we out played them. We looked aweful for large parts of the game. The only difference being that we have guys that score goals, take players on, cross and shoot properly. Other than that it was a pretty even match-up though they looked to have one up on us in the fitness area.

As for Classic, I get the feeling from the players that they just want this season to end. We only signed up to play in VMSL this year to kick the ball around until we had enough players over-35 to move into the retirement league. This running around with 20 year olds is a pain in the ass for guys who can't fit into their double XL uni's.:)

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan JB's 3 Knights 2 OT

JB's weren't exactly on top of their game tonight, but I thought we did carry most of the play. If we had brought our finishing tonight then it would have been over in regulation. Always fun playing the Knights. Good bunch of guys.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Therapist said:
Norvan JB's 3 Knights 2 OT
JB's weren't exactly on top of their game tonight,.

Although we did carry more of the play, it was one of those "Knights" where the ball bounced well for the oppostion. I am not going to take anything away from the Westside crew cause, they played a decent game and from reports, did not have there full squad. We, however, are suffering from some ring rust having two weeks off. We gave too much space and did not play with enough intensity at the start. We did get the opening goal and it was a big relief that Legs finally beat that damn monkey that has been parked on his back for the entire season with a 2 goal effort.

The Knights did play until the final whistle and did put the ball in the net in the final couple of minutes to send the game to Overtime. The ball will bounce both ways and it did for us in the golden period. Legs took a ball that was flicked on and drove hard to the net. A solid strike hit one of their defenders and sailed over the Westside Keeper to end the match. More than a bit of disappointment for the Knights who were hoping that the lights on Confederation Turf would extinguish and send both teams to a rematch at their home park but it was not to be.

On to E.W. if the weather permits which I hope it does cause sitting out is not doing the JB's any favors.

-KnightKnight-

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the outside , looking in!

Well,Well,Well,looks like none of you know what your talking about,2 c is obviously the weakest Div. since both of your top teams got taken out in the first round! :D Good job to all the boys ,sorry but I cant bear to watch these games knowing I should be playing ,but I know NK will go all the way!Good job guys and good luck the rest of the way!

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: On the outside , looking in!

mcdirty said:
2 c is obviously the weakest Div. since both of your top teams got taken out in the first round! :D

There is no way to compare the 3 groups of Div2 and what the past two rounds of cup have shown is that Div2 soccer teams play inconsistent soccer at best. There is nothing overtly wrong with this fact. It just is what it is. No one is getting paid to perform and I would venture to say that the practice/training commitment in Div2 is probably 40-50% less than teams in Premier.

So Mr. McSuspention, to answer your questions and to satisfy your curiosity about how the grass is on the the 2c side of the fence, just get your boys through next round vs Club I and the Beam will try to do the same and we will see you in the Quarters......

BTW...How come no one from your side has given a summary of your big victory over WUS??? The scoreline was very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0