Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Div 2Cup Predictions-Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

porkchop

Feb 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a fcuking disgrace!!!!!!!

Firemen are no longer partaking in the Div 2 Cup. Power Rangers knocked us off 3-0. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Weekends are free now for skiing.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's almost as pathetic as us losing to the WV Royals...being shutout by the Power Rangers. What happened to that almighty defence??

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
home field advantage

maybe the firemen were too busy looking at the beautiful view from trimble park?

looking forward to tricking whoever we're playing today with 'the view'.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't The View a show for women on daytime television? I'm not sure if they'll fall for your trick but if you do happen to see that Starr Jones chick could you give her a kick in the box for me? Thanks in advance.

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like the power rangers have REALLY turned their fortunes around from earlier in the season, they could be tough!!??

porkchop

Feb 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Bird

They are NO better now than they were earlier in the season. We just shite the bed and they capitalized on there opportunities. Nothing special. They won't go past the round of 16.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We Won!!!

we knocked off the Royals in what was a pretty good game......golden goal but really it shouldn't have gone this far.......I believe all the Blaze players when they say they were short big time because this team isn't that great and it was good to see us get all our guys out it helped......onto the game.....they scored first when one of our guys slipped in his markings allowing a cross to come in nice header and they are up.....within five mins of that Dapotayto scores 2 goals and we're up......2 mins before the half and a couple into the second they take a 3-2 lead.....their second looked offside but whatever and their third came off a rebound.........we tied it up about 15 into the second with Dap getting his 3rd and the rest of the game we had them on the ropes.....they countered here and there but really nothing threatening.......last min of the game their keeps made a great save to send it to ET.......1st 15 min we got 2 great chances......one a header going inside the post which their goalie made a very nice save on and one where our guy wide open missed the net.......about 5 min into the second ET period they came up field and coughed the ball up......our left back kicked it up to clear and somehow their dman misplayed it sending our guy away.......he kicked it and their goalie got a piece of it but not enough........it felt good as for once we played a good game and now it's onto the C-men

P.S. We actually had a great ref today who called the game 50/50......also great game by West Van.......clean game with both teams giving it their all luckily we move on.........did anyone pick us to win?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: We Won!!!

.........did anyone pick us to win?[/QUOTE said:
Actually, no but then again would I ever think I would live to see the day that Dapotayto scored a hatrick? ;) Nice Result and I am glad that Cup is working out better than the regular season.

We played the E.W. Socceroos at Hillcrest on a pitch that was pretty decent given the amount of rain we have had but still not the same as that sweet field turf at our home park. We failed to play with the intensity and urgency that we are going to need in later games. I will attribute this to our long lay off and expect that today's action will spur the squad to turn up a few notches in our next game.

We left all of the scoring for the 2nd half after a first where we had the majority of play but did give up some scoring opportunities to an E.W. sqaud that played with good intensity.

Our first goal came of a good effort by Junior who took a chest pass at 35yds out and dribbled hard before slotting the ball home.

2nd came from a flick on from "Luckless Legs"(Our scoring leader for the past 2 seasons who has not been able to get the monkey off his back all year- 1 shot hit the keeper today and another well taken strike hit a post). I was able to split the D and dropped it up and over the keeper for a 2-0 lead.

Our third goal against a waning E.W. was off of a corner which Big Steve banged in from a few yards out.

Glad to get to the next round but hoping things pickup the next match when we, more than likely, face the Knights of the West...our old nemisis from seasons' past.

-BoneThugsAndJimBeam-

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ole..ole..ole

Well, Champlain keeps pretty said it all.
It was pretty entertain match.
Our newly signed stopper did a great job.
Dap did exceptionally well, BTW dap, thank your boss for letting you off work early.
Looking to move on to the C-Men and alittle revenge for the earlier loss.
A loss where we were up 3-0 and due to injuries ended up finishing the game with 9.5 players.

their keeps made a great save to send it to ET

What are you on about
I guess we enlisted the help of ET
ohh and apparently we won 3-0 in OT :confused: (according to the excellent site)

The biggest surprise of the week has to be the 5-1 drubbing ofd the Primos by the Falcon (both of Norvan)
Followed by the 3-0 loss of the firemen to the Power Rangers.

Maybe the Div2 "A" isn't the strongest group :cool:

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey Vinnie ET means Extra Time.......and the Primos didn't play......they are playing Croatia Classics......that was Primos B.........did you have a few too many in celebrating? ;)

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe it was the free kick off the melon. :p
I did read 3-0 win in OT...didn't I?
On a lighter note...before the game one of the guys that I confer with about the line-up, thought we shouldn't have started Dap...boy was he wrong.
Then, in the second half he tells me that Dap is looking tired...30 seconds later Dap gets the trick.
I think I'll play Donald Trump and say to our persian sensation "Your Fired!!!"

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes it does read 3-0 in OT go figure........but oh well.......yeah for once you guys listened and got the proper amount of people in the wall......good one for the team Vinnie :p ........as for the Persian sensation was I just in awe of the team in front of me or did he actually play a good game?.......and also how did the little dog pass 4 or 5 guys :confused: .....shocking I must say........j/k boys well played by all.......at least I won't risk not getting a win no more :D

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
also big thanks to Keeper and his team for humiliating us 10-1 a couple weeks back......today the boys came out fired up and it seems like we've managed to put that behind us for the time being.......we'll try to pay back the favour by taking points from WUS

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Stranger,

When you get a moment, go try and find a brain. When/If you do, use it and go fcuk yourself. Putz.

Hey Shamrock,

So sorry to hear about your loss to Indo.......Putz.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a fun game yesterday against the Royals. But after not playing ball for two and a half months the last thing I needed was to have the game go into overtime. Almost two hours of soccer was a rude awakening for the calves, quads, hammies, groin, back and just about every other muscle in my body. I just don't get it. I know that the Navy Seals are some of the best conditioned soldiers around and I've been playing Socom II on the PS2 for weeks on end now. What am I doing wrong? Thank god Phil ended it when he did.

Speaking of rude awakenings, I imagine West Van were a little shocked. After beating the first place (but obviously depleted) Blaze last week they were probably feeling their oats pretty good. Then they are beaten by a ninth place team the following week and are out like sauerkraut. Booyah!

taco

Feb 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pitch. Strathcona West.
Teams. Alemania & Point Grey "A".
Result. Alemania scored one more goal than Point Grey. PGS OUT.

Another Div 2 "A" legend falls. We knew we were going to be in for a bit of a run when our quality player came down with a case of Whistler ski bunny chasing. Weeeeeak. At the end of the day our keeper could only save us so many times before he was beaten in the last 5 mins. 1-nil.

The game did have that genuine Cup "Let's get it on" feels to it though. No sendings off but we should of used Mills Lane to ref the match.

We've got a makeup game scheduled this century against the fireman. Lads you are bang in trouble. Late.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another Div 2 "A" legend falls.

Legends in your own mind!!! Strathcona as we all know is a great equalizer for weaker teams, guess thats why you guys were in the game til the final few minutes.....

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 2Cup Predictions this weekend

United Nationals Persian United
WFC Rangers “B” City FC Rangers “B”
Bombastic FC “C” Westside Knights
Bombastic FC “A” West. Union AFG
Norvan Primos “A” Croatia SC Classic
Surrey United “C” Western Union Sarajevo
Maplewood United Elephant Walk
Nomads FC Wickham FC “B”

Some boring, some cake walks but there should be a couple of interesting cup games this weekend especially Primos vs Classic and Surrey vs WUS. Love to watch the Primos game but I have a date with Vinnie. Still can't believe LM FF are out, thought they might challange Keeper and WFC for a result in the coming weeks.... guess not!!

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Div 2Cup Predictions this weekend

mickster,

Primos classic game won't be that interesting we'll be lucky to field a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0