Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Div 2Cup Predictions-Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
club_i_champ said:
Stranger,

The top four squads in Div2 Cat are Croatia, Club I, Westside and Slurrey U. Of those 3 teams, we have lost only 1 game, 3-2 to Croatia, a game which we shite the bed. Every other game we didnt finish our dinner and it cost us all 3 points. :mad:

With that said, you say both Slurrey and CI dont have a chance against the 'better teams'? Who are these 'better teams' that you speak of? You can't consider yourselves to be a strong squad surely. :eek:

I said the top NON CAT DIV 2 TEAMS will destroy you!

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westranger,

You seem scared.

Classic players would never go into a game thinking the other is better or that we have no chance. We'll always play with confidence. We'll never act like bitches walking onto a field.

You guys were brought up wrong.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
"I said the top NON CAT DIV 2 TEAMS will destroy you!"

Stranger, last year, the last remaining eight teams were as follows:
4 from regular Div 2
4 from Div 2 Cat

STATSSPEAKFORTHEMSELVES

amazing_hands

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't see any CAT sides winning it all. The top sides aren't extremely good on either CAT side with the exception of Peg and Surrey. The problem lies in playing terrible competetion all year then meeting up with the other div.2 sides that have been battling for promotion all year. It's too tough for these CAT sides to turn it on when they do meet some real competetion.

Prove me wrong. It's happened the last few year ;)

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
amazing_hands said:
I don't see any CAT sides winning it all. The top sides aren't extremely good on either CAT side with the exception of Peg and Surrey. The problem lies in playing terrible competetion all year then meeting up with the other div.2 sides that have been battling for promotion all year. It's too tough for these CAT sides to turn it on when they do meet some real competetion.

Prove me wrong. It's happened the last few year ;)

The reason many of the "top"cat teams cannot win it all is the fact that many of there top players must be declared eligible for the "A" team. In my teams case, our "A" team is a team battling for promotion into Premier. Having said that, as happened last year, four still manged to make it to the quarter finals with a lineup that was weaker then what they normally play with. As for the Div 2 teams that are battling for promotion, they better handle some of the "Cat" teams quite easily, because if they can't even beat the "Cat" teams, how will they survive in Div 1?

This is Div 2 soccer, even teams battling for promotion will have a tough time in Div 1. The bottom end Div 2 Cat teams are not very good, but the top ones are those teams that have there "A" team in a higher division. I have not and did not predict any Cat team winning it all. All I said was that the top end Cat teams will not get blown out, even playing with a weaker lineup.

So get a "handle" on that.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One game the stands out is

Richmond FC
VS
City FC Blaze "A"

Semi Final game of last year

As for us....If we play at our highest potential....
We could go as far as the quarters..but not much further.
A guy can hope :confused:

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps hit the nail on the head with his last post. Most CAT teams do field a weaker squad, during this time of year, as is the case with Club I, and others im sure.

Stranger,

You lads need to worry about beating Div2 CAT squads, before you start thinking you can beat any regular Div2 teams. Like someone stated earlier, you seem scared. I would be too, your lot ain't going nowhere in this competion. :eek:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps said:
The reason many of the "top"cat teams cannot win it all is the fact that many of there top players must be declared eligible for the "A" team. In my teams case, our "A" team is a team battling for promotion into Premier.
That argument is garbage. And here's why:

Those teams battling for promotion may, of course, use players from their CAT team, but they need not be signed with them. Declaring eliligibilty is ONLY for cup games. Therefore, those "top players" are certainly eligible to play for your CAT team in the cup run while also competing for promotion with your A team.

You may have, however, signed your "top players" to the A team in order to better compete for the Imperial. But do you honestly believe any Div 1 team -- stacked with it's best Div 2 players, naturally -- would have a hope in hell of beating enough Premier teams to win it all?

The one team I would fear is Westside Rino's C, because Rino et al. have decided not to have their Div 1 CAT team compete in the Div 1 Cup. Some (and I mean few) players have gone to the A-Boys and the Imperial, while many others will become eligible to play for Rino's C and the Div 2 cup.

Edit: I was mistakingly writing while thinking I was quoting someone from Club I.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Keeper, guess I'm glad that Rino's C fell into your half of the cup draw then. Actually, the draw looks pretty evenly spread with no one team having an easy run to the semi's. The two finalists will deserve to be there after some hard fought games in the preliminary rounds. May the best team (ie Jim Beam of course!!!) win !!

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
That argument is garbage.

Keeper, I think you may have missed my point. Our starting lineup consists of guys that generally don't start with the "A" team, yet are signed to "A" forms. When the cup comes around, they have to decide, sit on the bench or maybe get a few minutes in the Imperial, or transfer over for the Div 2 Cup.
Based on our experience, these guys would rather go to the Imperial, and take there chance at getting some time, and I think there is nothing wrong with that. Futher, the team and coach wants these guys there to strengthen the bench. During the regular season, we play opposite days, so this is not a problem. Thus, when the cup comes around, we are basically going with a lineup that is not as strong as it would be during our regular season play. So, if any regular div two teams are having trouble with these cat teams, then to them, I say have fun in Div 1.

That is all I am saying, and I am having a hard time understanding how that is "garbage." :rolleyes:

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
club_i_champ said:
Gurps hit the nail on the head with his last post. Most CAT teams do field a weaker squad, during this time of year, as is the case with Club I, and others im sure.

Stranger,

You lads need to worry about beating Div2 CAT squads, before you start thinking you can beat any regular Div2 teams. Like someone stated earlier, you seem scared. I would be too, your lot ain't going nowhere in this competion. :eek:

Shut your trap Club I chump. We beat you once and tied you once. Hope to see you meet up with WFC Rangers A, Blaze, WUS, JB's to name a few. You'll soon find out that your team is below average for the second division. But keep talking sh*t, it's amusing.

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps said:
"I said the top NON CAT DIV 2 TEAMS will destroy you!"

Stranger, last year, the last remaining eight teams were as follows:
4 from regular Div 2
4 from Div 2 Cat

STATSSPEAKFORTHEMSELVES

Those are super stats. Maybe you and Club I should get together and talk about how great you are.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My predictions:

PRELIMINARY GAMES—2004-02-07/08
Game 1: Norvan Primos 'A' vs Croatia SC Classic

Game 2: Surrey United 'C' vs Western Union Sarajevo

Game 3: Lobbans 'B' vs 'B' United

Game 4: Shaheen SC vs City FC Cobras

Game 5: Maplewood United vs Elephant Walk

Game 6: United Nationals vs Persian United

Game 7: Elephant Walk Socceroos vs Norvan JB's

Game 8: Norvan Falcons vs Norvan Primos 'B'

Game 9: WFC Rangers 'B' vs City FC Rangers 'B'

Game 10: Point Grey Strikers 'A' vs Alemania FC

Game 11: PwC Rangers vs LM Firefighters

Game 12: Nomads FC vs Wickham FC 'B'

Game 13: Bombastic 'C' vs Westside Knights

Game 14: Bombastic 'A' vs Western Union AFG

Game 15: West Van Royals vs Champlain Heights

Game 16: Point Grey Rangers vs Ravens FC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROUND OF 32
Game 17: WFC Rangers 'A' vs Winner of Game 14
Game 18: Bombastic 'B' vs Winner of Game 11
Game 19: Westside C-men vs Winner of Game 15

Game 20: Signmaster SC vs Bosna Kosova

Game 21: City FC Rangers 'A' vs Winner of Game 3

Game 22: Point Grey Strikers 'B' vs Winner of Game 16

Game 23: City FC Blaze 'B' vs Westside Rino 'C'

Game 24: Winner of Game 9 vs Indo FC 'C'

Game 25: Pegasus FC 'C' vs Club Ireland Hibs

Game 26: Winner of Game 2 vs NK Hrvat

Game 29: City FC Blaze 'A' vs Richmond FC

Game 30: Sikh Temple 'B' vs Winner of Game 8 :D

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stranger said:
Those are super stats. Maybe you and Club I should get together and talk about how great you are.

Maybe you and your team should get together and talk about how scared shitless you are. :D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps said:
My predictions:

Game 18: Bombastic 'B' vs Winner of Game 11
Game 19: Westside C-men vs Winner of Game 15
Game 22: Point Grey Strikers 'B' vs Winner of Game 16
Game 24: Winner of Game 9 vs Indo FC 'C'
Game 26: Winner of Game 2 vs NK Hrvat
This is amusing. These teams don't even know who they're playing, and they still don't have a chance. :D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps,

I was calling you on your statement that "there [sic] top players must be declared eligible for the "A" team." I was arguing that they must not, and therefore using it as an excuse that CAT teams have such a hard time in cup, is lame.

While my point is that promotion & cup interests should have nothing to do with each other, I've read your elboration and now understand your position.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
This is amusing. These teams don't even know who they're playing, and they still don't have a chance. :D

Actually Keeper, if you used your brain, I predicted whom they would be playing from above.

i.e Sikh Temple"B" vs Norvan Falcons.

Does that make sense to you Keeper?
If not, I could go down to the special education department of a local elementary school and get someone from there to explain it to you. :D

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Games 1 & 2 look to be the most interesting with 2 top teams taking an early exit from the cup. I'd like to see WUS and Primos advance to give us a shot at playing them but we all know anything can happen in the cup.

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps said:
Actually Keeper, if you used your brain, I predicted whom they would be playing from above.

i.e Sikh Temple"B" vs Norvan Falcons.

Does that make sense to you Keeper?
If not, I could go down to the special education department of a local elementary school and get someone from there to explain it to you. :D

Or maybe you could post some more great stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts