Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Div 2Cup Predictions-Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyways, back on topic.

The Blaze vs Richmond game should be a good one, Richmond always plays well in the Cup, and the Blaze are defending. Should be a good one.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stranger said:
Or maybe you could post some more great stats.

Maybe you can tell us some more how scared us Cat teams should be. :rolleyes:

CDK said it right, you should never walk onto the field expecting to lose and if you do, you are a bitch. :wa:

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps said:
Anyways, back on topic.

The Blaze vs Richmond game should be a good one, Richmond always plays well in the Cup, and the Blaze are defending. Should be a good one.

OK Gurps...I have to agree, that will be an interesting result. Tough draw for both teams out of the gate.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stranger said:
OK Gurps...I have to agree, that will be an interesting result. Tough draw for both teams out of the gate.

Yeah, and the good thing is if we can get by the Norvan Falcons, we will run right into the winner of this game, and the best competiton we will have faced for the whole year.

Anyone know anything about the Norvan Falcons?

B.R. KELLY

Sep 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Call me an idiot, but does this mean the blaze get a 1st round bye????
i do agree with whoever said that our match v. richmond should be a good one, they played us well in the semi's, ended in a shootout. all the other top teams seem to have an easier route through the tourney though, however we wouldn't want it any other way. might as well start with a tough team, we'd eventually have to play one anywayz.
hopefully we can do it again this year, would love to play the top team in "B" or "C" aswell.
O YEA - THE 'CAT TEAMS HAVE NO CHANCE- PROVE IT ON THE FIELD, NOT ON THE INTERNET BUDS.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper,

you're the knob.

Gurps' argument makes perfect sense. Clubs with a team competing in a real cup like the Imperial will 'cup-tie' their better CAT performers in order to give themselves depth in a competition that matters. This will obviously weaken those CATs.

Technically you are correct that a team is not required to cup-tie it's CAT players but I believe Gurp's is coming from a not unreasonable viewpoint based on ambition. Any team involved in the Imperial Cup should try their best to win that competition even to the detriment of their Div 2 CAT.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did read your 2:25 post.

You called his argument lame. It is not lame, it is common sense. Any team that is a Div 2 CAT which has a Div 1 affiliate competing in the Imperial or Div 1 Cups will be weakened by having their best players cup-tied.

Your argument is as lame as saying Div 2 CAT teams wont be weakened if their clubs disband the rest of their teams.

You knew exactly what Gurps meant but had to be twisted.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stranger,

When you get a moment, go try and find a brain. When/If you do, use it and go fcuk yourself. Putz.

You may have, however, signed your "top players" to the A team in order to better compete for the Imperial. But do you honestly believe any Div 1 team -- stacked with it's best Div 2 players, naturally -- would have a hope in hell of beating enough Premier teams to win it all?

What the fcuk does this have to do with CIChamp saying our 'CAT' team is going to be a weaker team than it fielded/fields during league games. It is fcuking true. There were about 3 players who played regularly for both teams. One happens to be the leading scorer on both teams. We're certainly not expecting to win the Imperial or even get to the final four. BUT we're certainly going to give it a go. Unfortunately for you this year, your team is unable to have the option of playing in the Imperial Cup this year. Unlucky.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps said:

WTF?! I was hoping for an easier draw! Hopefully we can make up for last year's semifinal loss. Don't know why they don't just seed the teams according to where they are in the standings and then just match up high and low. Instead, 2 teams that have a legitimate shot of winning the cup must meet in the second round. At least we get a bye, which only means another week without training :rolleyes: . We've made a couple key additions to the team that almost won it last year, so hopefully the result is a bit different this year.
As much as I hate the Blaze, I respect their ability, should be a great game. Is the game slated for Beach Grove? Is that known yet?

TS

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TS said:
WTF?! I was hoping for an easier draw! Hopefully we can make up for last year's semifinal loss. Don't know why they don't just seed the teams according to where they are in the standings and then just match up high and low. Instead, 2 teams that have a legitimate shot of winning the cup must meet in the second round.
TS

With 5 distinct groups in Div2, trying to figure out seeding and weighting would be difficult and highly subjective. With a "Luck of the Draw" format, there is more equality overall, as each team has the same chance as the other 50 odd teams...

...But I see how you feel with the draw and the fact that Lady Luck did not spread 'dem legs for ya. :D

Just look on the bright side. If you beat the Blaze, think of what a momentum builder that would be :bronco:

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Unfortunately for you this year, your team is unable to have the option of playing in the Imperial Cup this year. Unlucky.

You know what that's like, eh Captain? Or did Bimini's spank you 5-1 back when they let Div.2 teams into the Imperial Cup? I can't remember now, which is strange because it doesn't seem that long ago...

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
With 5 distinct groups in Div2, trying to figure out seeding and weighting would be difficult and highly subjective.

Or they could just use your weighted average system. I'm surprised that hasn't caught on more.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Six of One said:
You know what that's like, eh Captain? Or did Bimini's spank you 5-1 back when they let Div.2 teams into the Imperial Cup? I can't remember now, which is strange because it doesn't seem that long ago...

As Janet Jackson said ....."What have you done for me lately?"

BTW, the last we played, if you really want to go that route......was........I think it was one of the last nails in your Division 2 coffin. Cheers. Perhaps we'll see you in a couple of years. You're right.......these games weren't too long ago.

As for the 5 - 1 game, we were the only div. 2 team at the time to try our luck. Unfortunately, for a plethora of reasons(probably gave all our best players to the CAT team :rolleyes: ), we were only able to field 11 on the day and God only knows how much better your team was than ours on that day. :rolleyes:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After talking to some Classic players... It looks like we'll barely be able to field a team for our Cup game. Only a 47(?) year old Peter Stipancic, a 35 year old, slightly overweight yet lovable, Danny Has and a blind as a bat keeper who can't see a 40 yard shot coming at him (are those Edgar Davids classes ready yet?) are going to be available with some other old over weight never beens.

We don't have chance.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CDK said:
After talking to some Classic players... It looks like we'll barely be able to field a team for our Cup game. Only a 47(?) year old Peter Stipancic, a 35 year old, slightly overweight yet lovable, Danny Has and a blind as a bat keeper who can't see a 40 yard shot coming at him (are those Edgar Davids classes ready yet?) are going to be available with some other old over weight never beens.

We don't have chance.

CDK, I see that your Div 1 Cat team has not entered into any cup play. Me thinks Ivor and some of the Div 1 Cat team has transferred to B forms to play in the Div 2 cup....just a guess :)

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only B player we got was my brother who played only two games with B at the begining of the season. He played in most of Classic's games....we transfered him over. Same as one A player who only played 2 games with A and the rest with us. He's our beer man now. Croatia A transfered one of our players to their team to add some more depth in attack for their Imperial Cup run...

We're going to need a lot of luck on our side to have any chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts