Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Province Cup (Men)

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon

Aug 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
woo..hoo!

it feels good to ride the ferry knowing you did not lose.

saw the Sapp boys there priming for their match tomorrow.

looking forward to the finale

coachk

Jul 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
westside-surrey

in a game played on the bumpy surface of caladonia park with a ref who had a three second delay on every whistle ..frustrating both teams.. i think we may have had the better of the scoring chances including a missed peno .. surrey are a tough team to play against... messed us up a bit by taking an attacking formation and going to three up front all tall and good in the air then good at getting on to their knockdowns.. another great game from our backline which we really needed as we have struggled for goals recently..as the game went on long balls were the order of the day as much to get it out of your own end and with more hope than accuracy the goal came did come from a nice bit of play on a four pass combo and a perfect cross from nuke to land on simons foot at the far post.. apparenty they all lost it in the sun simon said all he saw was a black dot and took a stab at it .... the whole crowd of twenty two saw a pretty good cup game which once again could have gone either way... lots of "well dones" from the surrey mngmt and players class act. cheers keith

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Westside. They are an extremely composed side. There backs played very well. Keith's match right up was pretty accurate, all except the scoring chances. We had just as many as them. I thought.

Smiles came up huge on the PK. He got his hand on it and sent it off the post. The Ref was diabolical for both. He even stopped the play after the re bound because the shooter touched the ball after it hit the post. I guess he didn't see Smiles save it first :rolleyes: Wicks also made a big save on Mike Evans header.

Keith if you keep complementing us and giving us credit, it's going to make it allot harder for me to hate Westside, but I think I'll manage for a while anyway.

As bad as the ref was he did do one thing that brought a smile to me face. Besty had just received a solid elbow to the chops and after he got up the ref promptly gave him a yellow. Besty what did you say anyway? The look on your face was hilarious.

Surrey U can still look on the bright side. They still have a league title to lose...
I'm looking forward to the next two games like I am having to read an I- Tie thread post. At least we can't lose another major to Westside. :rolleyes:

CDK - Fcuk off.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CDK - Fcuk off.

Fcuk off?

You're telling me to fcuk off??

No fcuking way am I letting some red headed step child from Surrey United get away with telling me to fcuk off. What happened, KNVB, is fate. God is punishing you twats for the crap you said about Croatia A during the first ten games of the season; "If it wasn't for the Serbs in your group you'd be going down", "Croatia is fcuking shocking", "Croatia is shite"....

So all I have to say is, "HA (pause), HA(pause), HA(pause)."

Cheers
C D K:cool:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets be honest, if there were a God he wouldn't be Croatian nor would he spite me for slagging one. Your buddies were fcuking shocking, Croatia was shite and if it wasn't for the Serbs you would have gone down. My previous comment stands.

So (pause) Fcuk (pause)Off (pause)......

Cheers, KNVB :cool:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ohhh, that really hurts.

We "were", "was", and "would"?

I guess that's better than being on a club that still hasn't won a fcuking thing!:D

Westside are still my pick to win the BC's.

onelessstar

Dec 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gorge FC 3 (2) Sapperton 2 (2)

Sapperton scored first goal about 5 to 10 minutes in. Gorge replied with two through the middle stages before Sapperton tied it up in the waning moments of the first half.

Gorge scored the winning goal with about 5 to 10 minutes left in the match on a free-kick (top corner from the top edge of the box).

#30 GEU

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gorge Victory

3-2 Gorge
If this is truly the score, it doesnt surprise me.
Gorge first beat Vantreights, then Argentina (the worst team to qualify for the provincials from VMSL), and finally Sapperton (the second worst team to qualify for the provincials from VMSL). As a new player in the VMSL premier, with little knowledge about the whole soccer scene at the top level, I must say that Gorge still has not proven (in my eyes) that they are the powerhouse some have suggested.
They need to beat a team like Westside, Sportstown, Surrey, Pegasus, Croatia, Metro Ford, or Burnaby to prove to me that they are as good as everyone says.
It will surprise me big time if Gorge beats Westside. I think that Westside and Sportstown are the best teams in the league and that Gorge will not win.

Aside from this analysis of Gorge, the farthest Ive ever made it has been the quarter finals (this year); so the guys on Gorge have much more to brag about than myself.

Westside 3-1 in the finals

Someone on TTP stated previously that Gorge was just happy to still be in it. Well if they werent still in it, the hundreds of thousands of people who say how sitthy Argentina and Sapperton are, would then have to say that Gorge was shite.

A bitter Argentinian

helmuut

Apr 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
argentina 18....shocking

Just got back from Hicksville where the Gorge defeated Sapperton 3-2. What a beauty day at Caladonia, where the sun was shining,bevy's a flowin and the Surrey United players sang to whatever they wanted....good on ya! to tired to give a run-down of the game. Thumbs up to Sapperton...they played their hearts out. Could of gone eitherway...like most of these games.

Argy 18 what @%#$* are you on!

Helmut

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Referee!!!???

Just got in and I'm exhausted. 2 quick thoughts; more tomorrow.

The field was absolutely brutal; for all the teams. The sidelines were shite. The grass was long. Bush league, to say the least.

2 defining moments:

1. 15 to go. Paul Favaro on a semi break gets hauled down clearly 1 yard in the box. We get a free kick on the outside of the box. We miss.

2. 5 to go. Top of our box. Brian Donald slides and wins the tackle cleanly. The Gorge player, coming from the side, falls over Brian's leg. Gorge get a free kick and it is placed perfectly.

It was a great battle. One I thought where we deserved better.

As one Gorge player put it; the Island refs don't want to look bias so they go against the Island teams badly during the game, but in the end eventually even it out the with one bad call. I felt this was the case.

Life goes on........:(

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nanaimo United

Other than the poor condition of the pitch (and the fact we lost), the lads from Nanaimo United put on a great weekend... The men and ladies running the beer garden were top notch (Cheers Gunner, Jeff & Leah) ;) they took good care of us Surrey boys after a heart breaking loss... It's funny because someone there thought we must have won with ALL of us sticking around to have a few pints and the Westside mob fcuking off right away...:rolleyes: (still bitter):mad:
Anyway congrats Westside on a hard fought battle, I thought it could have went either way... Good Luck in the Final (and I suppose the same goes for Gorge)...

To all the ladies...
Brilliant stuff Surrey United it's great to see one team from the club not shite the bed!!! Top notch... and good luck against Burnaby in the final that will be a war...;)

GuinnessstillbitteraboutthegrowingBuffaloBillsrep:mad:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the Victoria Times

Victoria's Gorge F.C senior men's soccer club advance to the finals for the second year in a row to defend their B.C. title after defeating the Sapperton Rovers 3-2 at the B.C. semifinals in Nanaimo Sunday.

"It was a hard-fought win," said Gorge coach Dante Zanatta. "We were creating the better chances out there, so the guys were looking for a bigger win, but they're very happy with the result."

Goals by David Ravenhill and Gordy Johnson made it 2-1 for Victoria at the half. Liam Girard added the third on a direct free kick with six minutes remaining. The final is May 11 at Coquitlam Centre.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
love the juan de fuca circa 1997 flavour in the gorge line-up.

gordy johnson, possibly the smallest, fastest and most skilled player in bc.

go gorge.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CDK Wrong Again

Hey CDK why don't you get your facts correct when you go on to post about the Sapperton-Gorge game with your Gorge bias.

What an idiot!!! The score at half time was 2-2 where it stayed until late in the game when Gorge scored on a dodgy free kick call where the defender won the ball and the ref called a free kick.

At the other end Paul Favaro was taken down inside the box and the kick was awarded outside the box when it clearly should have been a pk!! But these things happen.

It was a well played game and not heavily balanced towards Gorge at all. When you post, perhaps CDK you might actually SEE the game you talk so eloquently about. You are so fcuking lejeune in your posting behaviour. And dumb also.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos,

From the Victoria Times

Foot, meet mouth.

:rolleyes:

Westside will win the final 3-1. Besty will be Man of the Match.

Moaners stick together,

~TB.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My point still stands

CDK did not see the game!
His post is wrong!

The score at the half was 2-2 with Kevin Hearne slotting Sap's second goal (a header) off a free kick from Bryan Wevers just BEFORE the half- in fact it was in injury time.

I was a spectator and DID see the game.

CDK needs better sources.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shutouts baby, all the way.

Westside 2-0 Gorge

I don't know if anyone's done it before, but Westside has a chance to go through the tourney with a clean slate...Wicks will rise to the occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0