Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Province Cup (Men)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
are you ashamed a island team represented B.C at the Nationals in Toronto? I think you are!

I am not ashamed whatsoever. I know you guys made it to the final and I'm sure you deserved it. This debate is rather moot because if you win, you win. And you won. You are the BC champs.

I am more inclined to watching a calmer, possession, knock-it-around style than a let's go get em, 100 mph, run all day style. I believe there are teams with a blend of both styles which is great. That is what I'd prefer to take in as a spectator and to play as a player.

Argentina has some very skilled players but not enough to make a difference. They also need some more tenacity which your team brings to the pitch. The big tall guy's name is Claudio and he's pretty skilled but will not come back.

Congrats on the win but I am predicting a VMSL team to take the title this year. Of course I am rooting for Surrey United. I am not entirely sure which category I would put that team in. I think they got a pretty good mix of skill and tenacity.

Point of clarification: I stated that we went to the final in 99 but it was 98.

Good luck.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking putz......

Whitebread,

Fantastic first post. As Ballbaby stated, your team is a bunch of plunkers. Well he wasn't as direct but he meant the same thing. I saw your game last year and it looked like your team were Wimbledon clones. If you didn't know, that is not a good thing. Yowen shoved your pathetic post in your face by posting the list of winners. Someone will beat you, hopefully sooner than later, so you can take your plunger and do what you do best.

BTW, it is Fantasy Island not

fanasty island

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by yowen
The arguably weaker FVSL has 5 so I think that's reasonable.

I disagree with the "weaker" thing, but certainly the arguement for additional Island teams deserves merit.

Lads: I don't think anyone denies the VMSL superiority in the BCs.
However, let's keep in mind it's the BCs.
I personally think there should an Interior entrant or two if they could.
My suggestion would be to make the tournament bigger by one more round and admit the obvious deserving entrants like other VMSL sides that didn't make it (especially some Div. 1 metro teams), an additional Island team and like I said Interior sides.
I know some of you may think it's a waste of fcuking time, but the BCs is such a great chance for some teams outside the VMSL to show their stuff and possibly do something.
Enough said.

Whataboutbob:
What happened?
I got there just before half and it was over.
PA were down to 10 men at that point and fcuk man, SU were in cruise control.
If there's anyone out there who doubts this team is not firing on all cylinders - they're fcuked.

Bronco: Unlucky on the half tank of gas. That bites when you don't get full entertainment value on your half week's wages.

Halfwit

helmuut

Apr 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ballbaby

Well said ballbaby...i have to agree...we do play at 100mph and thats the way we like it...maybe its not pretty soccer...but its worked in the past.
I also agree that a VMSL team will probably win this year...the odds are against us. We aren't the team we were last year....oh well, we're in the semis and we didn't think we would make it this far.

Helmuut

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 2
Capitals 1

Apparently 2-0 at the half. That's is all I know, except that it'll either be Snapperton or Gorge in the final and I still can't believe that one :rolleyes:

Back in a funk,

~TB.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's a shame.

Really.

It was also a shame that I wasted the energy to make the long:rolleyes: trek down to Cloverdale Athletic yesterday. Arrived right at the beginning of the second, anticipating, at the very least, a close game. Ranger was pretty accurate: Surrey United was in easy cruise control at this point, with the plan being not to let PA touch the ball.

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
THroW uP ThE WesTSiDe

Just got back from the entertaining Westside-Croatia game. A certain TTPer who shall remain unnamed missed about 3 glorious chances...oh WTF, it was Simon. Both teams squandered many, many chances but it was Westside who prevailed with a perfectly placed own goal by Croatia's big #4. Besty had to be the man of the match...very solid all day. Well played by both teams. Rene missed some pretty obvious calls that would have benefitted Croatia. Hard luck #4.:(

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU looking good

OK, it was a bigger debacle than expected...PAU were certainly overmatched, and I think had 2 subs. Add in the man down and it made all the fans be thankful for their beers and the sunshine...because the game was painful.
So I'm back on the SU bandwagon to win it all. They defend well, have good speed , and they are big. They've also got knvb...who didn't do much in the game but he can dance a good jig:p

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love the Turf!!!!!!!!!

Sap 2 - Caps 1

Well, now that we have won 2 games, am I allowed to post, Regs?

Toot! Toot!

HOS, where the fcuk are you?

This game was never in doubt. We had all the play in the first half. 2 quality goals; both by the magic man, Paul "the Fav" Favaro. Both goals set up by Kevin Hearne. We passed it around on the Turf like it was OUR home pitch. Burnaby never got into the groove that they showed against Peg; we never let them.

We sat back in the 2nd half. A mistake, as they carried the play but only threatened near the end of the game. Burnaby scored with less than 5 to go to make it close.

But, surprisingly, not as tough as I thought.

BTW, down 2-Nil, some cracker comments from the Bby sideline.:rolleyes: I won't get into them.

Was Burnaby looking past us and onto Gorge? If so, BIG mistake. I don't recall Bby easily rolling over Sap this year for them to even do so.

On to Nanaimo!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1st Win Ever

What a time we picked to win our 1st game on the Turf at Bby Lake.

1 - 7 - 1 in the last 4 years;)

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb paparazzi

The ball was in PAU's end most of the first half and knvb just happened to be in my viewfinder...this was definitely his best touch of the day:D
Or is he auditioning for the nordic combined canadian squad?

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate Rene now...

I missed the game today. I did however call in for updates...

My first call, first half: "Yah man, it's still 0:0 but fcuk, Croatia's had chance's..."

Second half call: "Dude, we had glorious chances to put this game away..."

Third call after the game: :"Hey......bad news."

Anyway, Congratulations Westside. You will win the Provincial Cup this year. Everybody else sucks. Especially Sapperton.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All you TTpers make me laugh

CDK.

Congratulations on your team winning something this year.:eek:

Bronco, I haven't heard from you yet.:eek: :eek:

Rene is to blame for all of Croatia problems, especially back home.:eek: :eek: :eek:

You missed the all important game. Were you with Slicky Dicky?:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Regs,
Bby beats you guys so you figure they MUST be the best team in the province.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

CDK
Westside beats you guys, well....Bronco beats you guys, so they MUST be the best team in the province.

Where does Sapperton stand? I know we are shite, but we did beat Peg, Bby, Surrey, and Westside.

Oh well, you guys make me laugh.:D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger

Thanks, Ranger.

The game against you guys was tougher than Sunday's game. The big problem Bby had was containing Kevin Hearne. He set up Paul on both goals. With Notty out after 30 minutes (groin) and Miller only playing spot duty (knee), the Caps were a depleted side (we scored after Notty went out). If they were in the line-up, this game would have been different.

As for Favs. This guy is a true gladiator. For as long as I have known Paul, he has always battled, and he keeps on going. This is what Sap is all about.

WhataboutbobisanewSurreyCityFCRangerfan.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Ranger

Originally posted by whataboutbob
As for Favs. This guy is a true gladiator. For as long as I have known Paul, he has always battled, and he keeps on going. This is what Sap is all about.

Did he play in the game Croatia beat you 3:0 and made it look sooo fcukin eeeaasssaayy?

You remember that game don't you? It could easily have been 7 or 8:0.

Westside to win the cup. They were the only team capable of beating Croatia while Croatia had the full roster.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Games

CDK

We only get up for the games and teams that are important. Congratulations on beating us. I see that the victory against us was THE biggest and most important game of your lives. Good on ya!

I am sure you have errected a memorial for this great accomplishment............up Slick's hole, I presume.

Good on ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0