Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Province Cup (Men)

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lurking and GAGing

cainy Replying to Thread 2002 Province Cup (Men) 03:36 PM PM

Sage Viewing Thread 2002 Province Cup (Men) 03:42 PM PM

TheFenian Viewing Thread 2002 Province Cup (Men)
Where's skip boys? Late? How are the tongues guys? Chewed up pretty good I bet. This must be killing sage. We all know how BIG his mouth is.

Wind up, KNVB

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
one thing for sure.......

By this time tomorrow, one team will be crying, the other will be singing..........but both will DEFINETLY be drinking copius amounts of ale.

See you lads at the park in 21 hours, 15 minutes. :)

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions

7 for 8 in the first round.

Surrey--PAU 4-2

Westside---Croatia 0-1

Bby---Sapperton 2-1

Gorge---Argies 3-2

CANUCKS WIN!CANUCKS WIN!CANUCKS WIN!CANUCKS WIN!

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gag on this

Well were off for a team dinner, and the usual pre game hot tub at the skipper's, only tonight no pints. But tomorrow:D

Let me think, back in the day when I was the captain of your lot,the night before a big match, I could expect the usual 11:00 pm call from Mf.

Mf: " Cainy what are you doing?"
Cainy: " just chillin"
MF: " Do you know where Pete and Kelly are Tonight?"
Cainy: " I think they went to the gym"
MF: " are you sure they aren't there"
Cainy: " Here! Why would they be here?"
MF: " Don't fcuk with me Cainy, I'll sit you tomorow"
Cainy: I swear they went to the gym"
MF " If you lying I'll strip you of your captaincy, Ok i'll see you tomorrow" hang up.
Cainy:"Kelly, Pete, can one of you get me a pint"

I wonder who is getting one of these tonight? could it be Carson, G, we Know Dobbin is getting one for sure. Hang on I just saw MF do a drive bye.

:D :D :D :D

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb

Knvb won't be getting any call, Why would MF call you? all he has to do to get hold of you is roll over.:D :D :D :eek:

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
a handful

knvb,
Who knows what 'll happen on the pitch tomorrow, but your once mighty president's trophy perch on ttp is taking a barrage from the lowly seeded bunch of canucks....err,...I mean, Pau boys...who admittedly might not have much to say after tomorrow, but in the meantime...:p

For all those who might think this is anything more than taking the piss...and having a laugh between old teammates...it might be...nah!!! In the meantime, looking forward to kick-off!!:cool:

Good luck to all the lads on both teams. Have fun :D

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Reccos
Simon: WTF - peno??? What fantasy match were you watching. Joe tried to be the star of the game again. If you saw something you were the only guy at the park who did.

A tip for you:
Get your head out!!
reccosuave thats the funniest thing sid has seen in a long time

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
but your once mighty president's trophy perch on ttp is taking a barrage from the lowly seeded bunch
You call that a barrage? You've been hanging out with Ballbaby to long Aves. You need to get out more. Tomorrow's a good start, but make sure your on the right side of the pitch.

Cainy you've been telling the same fcuking stories for 6 years mate. Get some new material. Honestly, go buy a book or something.

Skip, way to sit on that fence buddy.

Cainy's conference call to the lads

Cainy " Ok...Ok I know we all look up to Surrey U and I know we we are a bunch of throw aways because were nothing but riff raff, but we have to remain focused."
Fennian " Fcuk off Cain, pass the beer skip."
Skip " from the keg or the cooler"
Fennian " Does it matter?"
Cainy " No seriously were going to lose if we don't sort this shite out"
Sage " Cainy, shut it we've got to go now if were going to get the meat seats at the Clova"
Cainy" Meat seats?" " shite why didn't you say so" " you know I banged one of the dancers, a waitresses the drunk out front, the drunk out back, the bird behind the counter at the cold beer and wine store........." " what was I talking about?"
Sage" I don't know. Nobody ever listens to you anyway. Why start now."
Cainy " we still in for a sausage party in Skip's Hot tub? Swim shorts need not apply" :eek:

See ya tomorrow guys :D

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that. This weekend Croatia A are going to have Westside on their heels for 90 minutes of what will seem like torture. Croatia A is an offensive machine ready steamroll over Westside's lackluster defence.

The Lads from Westside have all the fire and passion of a public service announcement, so much so that they make Fastshow's L&M houseboy, Sensei_Hanson, appear fascinating. Look for Jason Sarai making penetrating runs with skillful little flicks and pullbacks that will have Besty going the wrong way. Mark Banicevic powering his way up front, holding up the ball, brushing aside Besty on way toward goal. Tommy Babic to finish every chance he gets, something Besty can't do.

Yes it's going to be a long day for the unfortunate Westside bunch...especially Besty.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU

Went to the game and all I did was waste an afternoon and 1/2 a tank of gas. It wasn't close from the first whistle. I really don't ever want to hear any FVSL morons get on here and spout off about how close the 2 leagues are. THEY'RE NOT

Argies lose in OT. Tough way to go especially on a PK!!:eek:

BTW I'm 2 for 2 so far on my predictions!!:D

whitebread

Apr 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
fanasty island

are you guys going to recognize the champions of B.C., or what. All I ever hear is Vancouver Metro this, Vancouver Metro that, yet nobody from over there has been able to beat us yet. Somehow we only get 2 spots in the B.C.'s, yet we're the defending champions and working our way through the Province once again. Show us some competition and we'll quit complaining. See you at Town Centre..................As we celebrate at the whistle...........OH WAIT, I'm thirsty and I think I may go get a drink out of the CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not the one who should respond whitebread but I will. I took in the final last year and talked to a few guys who played you along the way to the final. You guys are a very good hard working team that can get results. However, you aren't pretty to watch. You aren't exactly what I would call a "classic" representative of a BC Champion team.

Grit and determination got you where you're at and that is commendable but I'd rather watch some other teams play and represent us at the National level. But if you win it, good on ya, you deserve recognition. So good on ya!

I was with Surrey U when we went to the final in 99. We played you guys(I think) and Nanaimo along the way. So I think I am justified in expressing my opinions. Island teams are always tough, especially with the twelvth man. ;)

Good luck!

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1986 Croatia SC
1987 New Westminster QPR
1988 Norvan
1989 Westside Rino FC
1990 Firefighters FC
1991 Norvan
1992 Norvan
1993 Westside Rino
1994 Metro-Ford Wolves
1995 North Shore Pegasus
1996 Westside CIBC
1997 North Shore Peagasus
1998 Firefighters FC
1999 Metro-Ford Wolves
2000 Westside FC
2001 Victoria Gorge

These are the past BC champs. You'll notice that only one non-VMSL team is on the list, hence all the talk about "VMSL this and VMSL that". Having played in the VISL, I do agree that this league deserves at least one more spot in the BC's. The arguably weaker FVSL has 5 so I think that's reasonable.

Unlike the VMSL, only the top 3 or 4 teams on the island are strong while the rest are very average... at best.

Having played against and watched Gorge, I'd have to agree with Ballbaby's assessment.

ladysmithwillneverwintheprovincials

:D

helmuut

Apr 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
island update

i don't know who wrote that email about us but i know it wasn't one of us as we were out celebrating our victory.....but they were correct in some of there statements.

Argentina probably had some of the best skilled players i've ever seen but they lacked any real drive.there ws a guy in the midfield....about6'4" lots of skill but no defense, and a couple strikers who had great skill...but couldn't muster any shots on net.
We played the shts but had most of the chances.....this was a yawner for most of the fans...a peno in extra time..done!
Ballbaby didn't we make it to the final at the NATIONALS!
Loosin up...don't be so bias...are you ashamed a island team represented B.C at the Nationals in Toronto? I think you are!

helmuut

Apr 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey yowen

Yowen,

Did you play with Pence and Kleimer and friends....Powell River trips were always a gong show.....great atmosphere!

Helmuut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0