Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Province Cup (Men)

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon

Aug 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside/Croatia

ill tell you what, either team coulda won.

its been said, but both teams, i mean Tom Babic and myself, missed sitters. i was having nightmares about one in particular after full time. i cant imagine what Babic is thinking now.

the last game between us was 4-2 and yesterday it could have been won by either team by the same score.

ive heard that our game vs Surrey may be changed to somewhere on the mainland (but i doubt it). has anyone heard likewise?

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB,

Depleted side indeed…despite missing 4 key players on Sunday… mentally we were already gearing up to play in Nanaimo. Not the proper way to prepare for a ¼ final match.

The game coulda been different with a full roster, but…no excuses. We weren’t mentally prepared to play.

~NottywhowouldhavelovedtoplayGorgeagaininthesemi’s
:( :( :(

Dizou

Nov 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sleepless nights

Simon's post is spot on, both teams missed ABSOLUTE SITTERS. The match was very even with either team deserving a win.
Oh well, there's always next year.:rolleyes:

coachk

Jul 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WSIDE CROATIA

IT HAS TO BE SAID THAT THE BRONCO PLAYED A STRONG GAME FROM START TO (DARE I SAY IT)...FINISH AND NOT A LOOK OF WORRY ON HIS FACE ALL DAY..... A GAME THAT CUP GAMES ARE ALL ABOUT... BUT THE FINISHING BY BOTH SIDES WAS TERRIBLE TOMMY B MUST BE BESIDE HIMSELF...NON OF OUR DEFENDERS WHERE...FOR THOSE MISSES....SAME FOR OUR STRIKERS TRUTH OF THE MATTER EITHER TEAM COULD HAVE WON THIS ...CROATIA SEEM TO BE PLAYING A MUCH MORE DISIPLINED BRAND OF FOOTY LATELY AND ARE A BETTER SIDE FOR IT.... GOOD GAME FROM OUR BACK LINE FOR THE MOST PART AND THEIRS... WE HAD THE PENALTY TAKERS ALL LINED UP ON A PIECE OF PAPER COS THATS WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE UNTILL THE "INCIDENT"HELL OF A DISSAPOINTING WAY TO LOSE...JUST GLAD IT DIDNT HAPPEN TO US.. ANYWAY ON TO NANIMO WHAT A STUPID SET UP THIS IS SENDING TWO TEAMS FROM HERE TO THERE TO PLAY A GAME THEY COULDNT GIVE A TOSS ABOUT.... WHAT GIVES B.C.SOCCER?A TWELVE HOUR ROUND TRIP FOR A 90MIN GAME....DUMB! DUMB! DUMB! KEITH

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Own Goal

I've heard about it many times, but what the hell happened?

COACHK, NICE CAPS.

As for Sap,

We were missing 2 key starters, Trevor Todd (his wedding-WTF?????) and Luke Hogan (had a date with some roast beef).

Next week, full squad.......and we will not look past Gorge.....how can we, they are probably looking past us.

The real final is Westside vs Surrey.
Westside 2 - Surrey 1

Could be one of the best matches in recent memory. (1986 Croatia-Firemen Province Final rings a bell) Too bad it will be played in Nanaimo in front of 10 fans.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh Well

Well what the fcuk, it was a pretty good run from the middle of November until now ( it was a run wasn't it Captain?;) ). I have just now regained consciousness from a night of gluttenous and obscene drinking. It was really the only way to forget about what happened. WAB FCUK OFF!!!

To Westside I give my hearty congratulations on a very well played game. Both Simon and Keith had it right when they said it could have gone either way. It was just one of those things that happens in soccer. I'll get past it after months of intense therapy and several Anthony Robbins tapes!!:rolleyes: I would say there's always next year, but I really am running out of next years!!!:eek:

To the final four teams (except for Sapperton) I wish all the best of luck. Surrey and Westside will be a cracker of a match, I'm sticking to my guns though and predict a Westside/Gorge final, with Westside taking it all.

Well it's time to go and watch hockey, basketball and of course the WC this summer, and forget about yesterday. We'll be back in September to do it all over again, and again, and again!!!!

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU poster boy

OK this is the last one...I think this is knvb just before Fenian kicked him :D ...which I did predict, and he did do...twice. But as long as he can still play:p

SU vs. Westside in the open and the over 30's this year...should be two good games.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bias toward red heads

Geez Aves, this thing for red headed, freckled soccer players is starting to worry me. Knvb, I suggest you trek into Aves bedroom and look at the shrine he has created for you. Creepy!

ballbabyiswonderingwhat'swrongwithaves.Whataboutdarkheadedsoccerplayers? :confused:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside cubed

SU vs. Westside in the open and the over 30's this year...should be two good games.

You also forgot our woman's premier team who is also playing Westside. Pretty ironic, I'd say.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am starting to worry about the amount of pictures of me on the Internet. Guys like CDK and Handcannon with their fancy Printshop programs doing all sorts sick and twisted things in their spare time. Cut and paste here a rotation there and whamo your the wank of the week on some perverts computer screen.

Aves do we need to have a talk?

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just want to be left alone

Paparazzi means unwanted exposure knvb...as for your worries(and ballbaby's interest) about any indecent exposure that's another matter:rolleyes: ...I forgot about hancannon and his pictures .
Anyways here's another one...I think you can pick out knvb somewhere in the melee.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: bias toward red heads

Originally posted by Ballbaby
Geez Aves, this thing for red headed, freckled soccer players is starting to worry me...ballbabyiswonderingwhat'swrongwithaves.Whataboutdarkheadedsoccerplayers? :confused:

As you wish Ballbaby...this is the real SU poster boy...for the cougar set...a darkheaded hairy greek :p

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB beware

From the Victoria Times newspaper:

"At the seven-minute mark in overtime, Gorge was awarded a questionable penalty kick after Brent Garroway was sent in alone on Dzwinka. It appeared as though Dzwinka had made a solid effort to block the ball and send it wide, but the Argentina goalkeeper was assessed a penalty as well as a yellow card."

Sapperton will be in tough this weekend against Gorge and the infamous 12th man. Will Sapperton be able to pull it off? Stay tuned...

Surrey over Westside in overtime:eek:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You also forgot our woman's premier team who is also playing Westside. Pretty ironic, I'd say.
Yes, both in Naniamo and on different days. Pretty fcuking stupid, I'd say.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Semis

SU over Westside.

Gorge - Sapperton
I don't know who to pick.
The fcukers that knocked us out last year or the cnuts who knocked us out this year.
Jamie Leitch with a cracker in the late stages to seal the deal for Sapp.
Is he playing?
Well done to Gorge anyway for proving they are the elite two years in a row.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only way Surrey U has a chance of winning this is by protest.

Gorge over Sapps in PK's. Both teams have similar styles of boring kick and run soccer. Works well against wank teams but it wouldn't work against skillful sides like Westside or, uhm, Croatia ;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 1
Slurrey 0

Apparently Simon scored in the second OT for the Golden Goal winner. Lots of long balls, shite reffing... I'm just reporting what KNVB told me.

~TB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0