Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2001/02 Premier League Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 big points

Three big points for sporting:D

A pretty scappy game from the get go, on the first tackle a yellow was handed out to west van.

The rest of the game was pretty touch and go for both teams I thought, Carlos scored our first to take us into the half 1- nil up and we came out flat in the second. They came at us we all horses gunning for the net, and we weren't prepared, but we handle it until some guy on the back line let his man go into the scrum and some how he got his head on it and finished it nicely. After that we came on and scored a counter attacking goal, from a bad clearence from west van(Bevan) and Octavio finished it nicely to the top corner and the pressure was all on us after that , but we managed.

Final score
Sporting 2 - West Van 1

Cheers
JB:D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just in . . .

Westside 2 - 1 Indo FC

Report from Westside manager, R. Leyland
Excellent job by Martin Best, keeping it all together at the back and taking all the kicks for our backup keeper, Mike Moorlag who was playing with an injury that prevented him from kicking any more than was absolutely necessary. Compliments to our rookie striker, Cale Simpson with two, top corner, unstoppable goals. Also a job well done by another rookie, Luke Sandilands with a solid performance at right back, in his third game at the premier level.

It was a clean game, without flagrant fouls and good challenge by Indo FC.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PEG Vs MF

Anyone have a result in this game or any others like the sportstown game vs argies.

Regs isn't online yet either that means he is drinking his lose away or celebrating another no game without a concusion.

Cheers
JB

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J_B,

Scroll up to read Regs' review of Pegs' 5-1 win over MF.

As for Sportstown, I was at king george watching our U21 squad and managed to catch bits n pieces of the Sportstown/Argies game. I believe it ended up Sportstown 4 - 0 Argies. Hopefully someone from sportstown can confirm that.

Willy

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB,

1) Learn how to spell.
2) Peg won 5-1. If you check the exact thread you just posted on, you'll see a pretty good post-game wrap-up from a sober, and unconcussed, Regs.

PS - Santa Klos is terrible. Go Hoops Go.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
huh?

J_B,

Go make your fcuking pool picks... it's affecting your TTP posting/reading skills.

~TB.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red cards

JR~

Yes Jonesy now has 2 reds in 2 games! What happens after the third?? Does anyone know what the rule is? How many games are you out for! I think I heard it was a full year!

I say Regs starts a pool for how many MF players quit for other teams!:D

DamnwentofftopicAGAIN!! :mad:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holiday Owes Me

If Jonessy wants to come to Sapperton, we'd love to have him.

Hey, all you predictors......screw you!!!!

Sapperton 2 - Inter 1

Last week was an anomaly for Sap. I didn't post because my computer was fcuked. Win or lose, I will post in the future. Last week Sap had a big party the night before.....enough said.

We needed the win this week and it showed. Both teams played an aggressive, determined game, but we wanted it more. Sapperton dominated but went down 1 - 0, 25 min. in on a deserved PK. 2 beautiful goals in the 2nd half sealed the deal. As usual, we had tonnes of chances, but no finish.

Jimmy Holiday did not score, but he was taken down for the PK. No one wins the bet, Jimmy. We'll pick it up next time.

BTW, nice hotdog stand. A little bar-b-que.....get real!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They scored with 8 men?

TB,

At what point did they score their goal? How many men did they have?.......Metro Ford must be in a shambles right now....

Captain

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
yep

They scored with under 5 or so to go I think... our keeper whiffed on a passback and their guy ran around him and slotted it :D

~TB.

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporstown pissed ALL OVER the Argies and ended up winning 4-0!

Everyone played well and there were no standouts except for Alex our keeper. He made some really big saves. We did well even with Tony hurt...... WAY TO GO BURNABY!!!! It's nice to see
Surrey lost. I guess that makes Sportstown the ONLY undefeated team in Premier.

If we were Croatia we would have tee shirts made up and be driving down the streets telling people "I'm Croatian and I know Johnny Sulentic"!

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's if you were Croatia ofcourse.

Probablybecauseyoudon'thaveatrophyandyou'reabunchofpinkuniwearningwankerswithnofans

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chievo

WAB

A well deserved win by your boys.Inter came out playing some decent soccer in the first 30 mins and then fell apart,largely due to Sapperton playing very well.Like you said yesterday we'll double or nothing it next time out.Next time i'll call the boys from WestCoast amusement to bring their hot dog stand,what did you expect Andy and his 20 chefs??????

The team is Chievo,for a team that built themselves up from serei C,they've done very well against the powerhouses.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Win of a lifetime.

That was our biggest game of the year. Our season is now complete. Hey, I'm just happy that I can be on the same pitch with all you Italian superstars.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bob~

If that was your biggest game of the year then I don't think you set your expectations(sp) very high!;)

ItisagreatfeelingtobeonthesamefieldasweeJimmythough:)

Darby

Sep 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
THe young lads just keep on rolling with a 4-0 pissing of the apparent surprise team of the year. I have to admit though the Argies did not play poorly enough to deserve that much of a defeat. Our keeper was definately the man of the match making some brilliant saves including a breakway in the first fifteen. Their back line was weak, but i understand they were missing their centerback but their outside backs were shocking, as well as their keeper. I think that we are becoming the surprise team this year and for the future. With only two players over the age of 23 i think our future looks bright.
Cheers, Darby
itmusthavebeenthepinkunis

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Darby,

It's good to see your back....I thought you might still be recovering from the Roxy?

Hopefully I'll feel better by training tonight before John Fonda makes us run our bags off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0