Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2001/02 Premier League Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would seem Sporstown beat Sapperton 2-1. fcuking Toons, now we NEED to beat Westside and Sporting just to force a playoff.

shite, KNVB

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Toons 2 - Sap 1

A well played, back and forth game. Toons had the edge in play the 1st half, Sap in the 2nd.

Sap went up 1 - 0 with 10 to go in the first half off a set play....well...a long ball played in the box....but Mike Morris finished well after heading the ball off the crossbar.

Miscommunication between the Sap keeper and the defender gave the Toons and easy equalizer early in the 2nd half. Toons went up 10 minutes later off a free kick and a Toon was left unmarked at the back stick.

Denis Aere saved a PK 10 minutes later for Sapperton. Kevin Hearn called offside on a DIRECT shot with 10 minutes to go (WTF?????) that would have tied the game. Sap missed a PK with 5 minutes left.

The 6 CAT players played well for Sap and the future does look bright as evident in the 4-2 crushing of the Toons' CAT tam on Sunday.

Side Note:
Sap has missed 3 PKs this year.
Sap goalies have saved 6 PKs this year.
Wild season.:rolleyes:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Toon #17

Whimp!

After a tackle on a wee Toon by a Sap player, #17 (the tall, 6'4" Toon defender) chirps to the Sap player to pick on someone his own size....like himself, I guess...........15 minutes later, Kevin Hearn has a potential 45-55 tackle with the 6'4" coward at the Toons' 25 yard line......#17 steps to one side to allow the Criminal to go through. Whimp!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo = Div 1

Indo 1 - Croats 2

I was going to have the heading, "Too Easy", but Indo really did it to themselves on this day.

After going up 1 - 0 on a PK early in the 2nd half; a deliberate hand ball in the box which resulted in a red card for the Croat center back, Indo should have scored 4 more goals from the numerous breakaways, point blank shots, empty nets, and the likes. It was looking as though it would be even easier to beat the Croats than it was Sap 2 weeks prior.:eek: :confused:

What was worse for the Croats was the fact all their Premier players played (minus Sulentic). But with 10 men, the Croats found room in the Indo defense (how, I do not know) and knotched one 15 minutes later and the winner in extra time.

Wide open 2nd half. At 1 - 0 Indo was still going full out for more goals and it cost them the game.

On a side note: how fcukin STUPID is the Croats......a red card to a main defender and an injury to a front runner late in the game in a mean-nothing game!

Bronco,

You are going to have nightmares of the Indo front runners tonight........they carved you up most of the 2nd half. But well done not to get into it with little Ricky late in the game. Another red would have been costly for your Provincial run.

BTW, the Ref and the one linesman were the worst I've seen in a real long time.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argies vs Sporting.......

I just heard it was 3-3 draw at Adanac park between the two teams. If only Indo won it would have made things interesting that is if Surrey would have beaten Sporting. Life goes on.....

Hard Ballz:)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB's assessment was fairly accurate, especially about the ref/linesman. However, I disagree with this statement....

Wide open 2nd half. At 1 - 0 Indo was still going full out for more goals and it cost them the game.

They were taking whatever chances Bronco, I mean Croatia gave them. The Croatia keeper made some great saves and Indo's finishing cost them in the end. Indo will not be right back up in premier, if they can keep everyone together for most of the season........

Worst shout during the game:

"How do you like relegation(the score was 1-1 at the time)? Deal with relegation." The source will remain anonymous but I am sure he will have something to say about his poor performance.....

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain is Right On

Agreed.

Bronco should stay away from TTP this week. They went down his side every chance they got...and it worked right up to the time to score.

But at 1-0, Indo played with 3 in the back? Why? You have an extra guy. Play a 4-4-2 and they still would have had all the play!

I hear Indo will keep the team together. If this is the case, Indo should come right back up. They are quick, talented, and can play physical. And in Div 1, an extra 10 - 15 chances a game should pot them a few more goals.

I sense some cracks in the armor of the Croats; bitching and moaning at eachother..........

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 3
Argentina 3

I guess the outcome of this match really didn't matter in the end, but Sporting did come back from 2-1 and 3-2 defecits to gain a crucial point (at the time).

Ref Beater did his best to keep Indo's chances alive by letting in a shocker with about 20 minutes to go. He made up for the blooper by making a couple of point-blank saves when the score was tied at three, though.

The young kid for the Argies scored an absolute cracker in the first half. Took a volley on the run and hit a brilliant dipping shot which found the back of the net.

Gomesy_16 with the goal celebration of the year, the Spiderman Special onto the far fence at Adanac. Too bad not a single teammate joined in on the festivities......

Congrats to Sporting for surviving and earning a second year in the premiership.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB

WAB you are the last guy that should be squawking about a team not playing 3 at the back when they have to!

You must have invented the defend philosophy as you played Indo with one striker when you were down!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos

Defend! Defend! Defend! 3 at the back? No way. I was thinking even a 4-5-1 for Indo would have been smart. But a 3-5-2? Not at that time. As for Sap, a "play within ourselves" philosophy works best.

Reccos,

What the fcuk happened to your team?! You're just lucky we found that guy at the gas station or your team wouldn't be playing for the CAT title next week. :eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB,

I think they were playing 4 at the back when they went up. It didn't look like it because of the weak defender on the Croatia right hand side. I believe they had Jason, Ricky, Pritt, and they brought Jazzy back to mark number 20. I could be wrong as I have been wrong many times before. The one thing I do know is that number 4 with a red jersey was the slowest player on the field, one that I would still fancy to beat in a race, despite my awful pins........

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since You Mentioned It

Cap,

That's right, they did have 4 at the back.....well I guess they needed 5!

It did seem to me like they were all going forward but I was watching the game from Bronco's side of the field......and that was the side of all the attack.

WAB stands corrected.

30 yards, no problem
40 yards, you would win
50 yards....OK
But over 80 yards.....ya, you would still win...
But over 100 yards.....well, you'd win also.....
But over 200 yards.....I guess you'd also win....
But over 1000 yards........you'd both be dead.:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But over 100 yards.....well, you'd win also.....

Actually, at this point, I would be dead. No need to run any more than that, is there?

You're right about the right side today. Indo sure exposed the weakness during the second half.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right Side

If Gary Osh, and the rest of the Indo team, had any finish today Gary would have had 4 goals and 7 assists.

LOL picturing you running all out from one end line to the other and then trying to get back on defense.:D

Do you remember the days when Gary Donald lined McNair?
130X80!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember the days.........

As for Bronco, I am guessing he is right near a Croatian buffet or Uncle Willy's.........

That is why I rarely venture forward nowadays for the fear that I have to run back to try and defend......

Captain

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside v Surrey

Has someone got a report or some comments from the Westside v Surrey game.

We watched the first 15 minutes after our game and Westside were on fire and cruising?

It ended 2-4 according to the excellent site.

So what happened?

daz

MARCOPOLO

Dec 13, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 2 Indo 1

Quite the unfortunate result for Indo, seeing as they had enough chances to put the game away. As other TTPers have the noted the officals were brutal at best and though the Croatians did win, one could say that were not deserving. Their uncreative and mundane style of soccer could put anyone to sleep, it's any wonder how the fans stayed the whole game. It brought back memories of when I played youth soccer and you'd boot the ball up the field and simply chase it. What their team lacked was exemplified #4 who with his red jersey may as well have been a fire hydrant on Oak Street. Not impressive.

Marco Polo

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 4 Besty's bunch 2.

Westside came out quickly and scored 2 goals in the first 8-10mins. Surrey really out chanced what seemed to be a mish mash Westside squad in the first, but came away with nothing by half.The second half was a huge turn around. Surrey scored 3 goals off long throw's and one "50/50" P.K. By 50/50 meaning it could have gone either way.

Renee the Ref took an absolute beating out there today. Right of the bat in the second he got it in the back of the head from a Westside long ball. Then 20mins later he collided with on of the Surrey guys and clanged heads. He's sporting a solid goose egg at the moment and he wasn't really in a good mood for the rest of the game. I don't think the mood had anything to do with Besty yelling at him every time the whistle blew though. :rolleyes:

Next up Sporting. Thursday or Friday from what I've heard.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I fail to see where all of this criticism is coming from. first of all WAB, please do not speak....if our backline, in particularly myself are so slow and so Gos awful, why is it that you were unable to score even 1 goal against us. Captain is still drunk from Friday night, so his report on the game is very alcohol induced!! See you all in the final 16....slow and shitty as ever!!!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0