Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2001/02 Premier League Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo vs Sap

I just got back from the Indo/Sap game. Indo totally dominated and were full value for their 3 - 0 win. Karm scored all 3 goals, one of which was a PK. Actually he missed a PK in the second half, but later scored 2.

Sapperton created little or no chances to threaten Didar's shut out.

Indo's now 1 point up on us with one game left. We still have 3 games left. It's shaping out to be an exciting finish!

That's all.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As posted......

Indo 3 The team with the Retro Goalie and hisThrowback kit 0

WAB,

I hope you guys are more inspired in your upcoming matches. That was a very poor performance. I assume the game meant nothing for your team, and you seemed to be missing a few players? Anyway, Indo were full value for the win.....

On to more important issues. Is that your regular starting keeper? His kit was shocking, as was his decision making. He did well to save the penalty, but he didn't do well to concede the penalty. Kevin played hard, as usual, but he didn't seem to have the same desire/drive that makes him an excellent player. Indo did a good job of shutting him down, but he didn't have a lot of emotion, like he did earlier in the year when I watched you play Surrey United.......

BTW, what is with the keeper's helmet, white puma shoes, and white socks? He was the highlight of the game for your team. At least that's what the Total Package and I thought.......

Captain

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently my fans (well, Jimbo Holiday anyways) are anticipating a lengthy game report. So let's get this out of the way so I can watch the Nucks, shall we?

Trollers 2
Inter 3

Despite being a game worth a lot to both sides for entrace into the Provincials, the obvious story that came from today was my inagural appearance as a striker in the premiership. Showing such versatility will give me yet another negotiation tactic to bring to the bargaining table this summer, as I enter free agency. My performance today ranged from excellent (you all saw that clever back-heel pass) to ugly (Sorry about that tackle, Spracks) to the downright embarassing - has anybody else been encountered by a referee during a match, telling you he knows what your TTP persona is? How exactly do you respond to Rene informing you he's figured our you're sensei_hanson? Odd, I tell you. Odd.

Some things I saw/heard from my new vantage point as a lethal frontrunner:

-Ivan Lee threatening to put a Colombian necktie on our keeper.

-Fil Zaurinni yelling to his backline during a Troller corner-kick: "Don't worry, I'll take this guy. He's a keeper! I got him. You go mark somebody else." And then turning to me to apologize.

-Joe Marello scored a cracker of a goal, converting somebody's cross with a great side volley/scissor kick to elude our keeper. He's a class player.

-We were actually up two-buzz after the first half, thanks in large part to a couple of good efforts by Lake and Cromack - but in the end, they were pretty soft goals let in by Jonesy. To his credit, he stuck with it and watched his team storm back in the second half.

-We lost half of our backline during the match. Shane Carphin went out with some sort of leg injury, and Matt Judd was red-carded after an altercation with one of the Gaita brothers. Still can't tell them apart. All I know is that both teams were down to 10 men, and this is when Inter really turned up the heat.

-Inter got two penos in the second half, which ultimately ended things for us. We kept trying in vain to go forward, but when you're forced to choose between the backup keeper and the coach for a substitute striker, you know its not really your day. Still, I give credit to our team for battling, even though we gave up a 2-nil lead. Inter were simply too much in the second half for us to handle.

I'd say more but I grow tired of re-hashing another painful loss. I'll wait for some jackass to make another snide remark about our team before I say more. Right now, the season is basically done. Fun ride, though.

-Sensei.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big win

This win still keeps us in the hunt for a provincial spot,great comeback,and an even better character builder.The Trollops did score 2 nice goals in the first but were no match for us in the 2nd.Now another must win against the Argies and hoping either Croatia or Sporting beat them,we need some help but it's possible:D

Very nice Sensei, very nice:)

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I edited it but you were too quick!

I was hoping you didnt catch that but my bad.We first need to beat the Argies before anything is said and done but if this comes to light,I'm hoping you boys will wanna keep the undefeated streak and momentum rolling into the Imperial and the provincials,I'd offer you some bling bling,but you've already got a nice crisp browny from Ref Beater:eek:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy Beer works well. Crotes are Sooooooooooo Fucckkkkkiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnng Cheeeeeeeaaaaaaaaapppppppp. ;)

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
games at Adanac

Inter lost today 2-1 against Argentina @ Adanac. Inter was down 2-0 and added one late but they shite the bed today when they knew they had to win.

Sporting was busy handing Serbia another loss but give credit to the young serb player who scored a beauty of a goal in the second half, it was an amazing strike.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Winning streak is over?

I was just checking out the VMSL site, and they have posted that Westside has beaten the Croatians 4-2.

In the other Cup game, Surrey beat Burnaby 1-0.

Anyone take these games in?

coachk

Jul 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CUP

IN A GAME PLAYED TODAY AT HILLCREST.. WESTSIDE DEFEATED A VERY ORDINARY LOOKING CROATIA TEAM THAT CAME UP WITH NO SUPRISES ...OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT J.S WAS ABSENT `COS OF INJURY OR SUSPENSION OR SOMETHING.... HIS DAD(WHO I LOVE) SAID.... THATS THE ONLY REASON WE WON ...WAS.VISIBLY GUTTED.... NEVER BEING A SIDE THAT WALLOWS IN IT`S VICTORIES IT MUST BE SAID THAT WE DID NOT PLAY VERY WELL FOR MUCH OF THE GAME BUT MANAGED TO FINISH HALF OF OUR CHANCES .. AGAINST A SIDE THAT LOOKED VERY WORRIED ABOUT WHO THEY WERE PLAYING ....AND IN THE FINAL ANALISYS? IF YOU TAKE A PLAYER BY PLAYER ASSESMENT.... WESTSIDE... MAN FOR MAN ARE A BETTER SIDE.. EVEN IF J. S HAD BEEN INVOLVED.. AND WE WERE FULL VALUE FOR THE VICTORY .................. IN THE FIRST PART OF THE SEASON WE HAD TO SEE WHAT WE HAD "COMING UP" FOR THE FUTURE AND PLAYED A HUGE AMOUNT OF YOUNGSTERS AND SIGNEES.. BUT THE PLAN WAS ALWAYS TO GO BACK TO THE ESTABLISHED TEAM AFTER THE CHRISTMAS BREAK ..WE ARE NOW MUCH MORE SETTLED AND WHEN WE GET A BIT HEATHIER WILL BE A BIT STRONGER.. SO FOR THOSE FOLKS THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN WRITING US OFF LOOK FOR US TO GET BETTER AS THE GAMES PROGRESS ...AND THE QUESTIONS ASKED OF OUR YOUNGSTERS OUR FUTURE LOOKS....OK COACH K

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
coachk

I know who you are, and because I have a great deal of respect for you, I will keep this as proper as possible. Your assessment of todays game is at best biased and at worst completely wrong. We had the lead with 20 minutes to go in the game, and failed to tie it with 15 to go on a penalty shot. The way you're describing it, it was like it was 1 way traffic the whole day. Surely you can not be serious?? I have already said that you guys were full value for the win, but please don't sit here and try to say that it was "men against boys" or something to that effect!!

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took in the Surrey / Capitals game today at the cold and miserable shrine to mucker football that is Coverdale Athletic.

I'm sure that both teams would agree that this was a game of ping-pong masquerading as a cup semi-final.

Personally, I blame the ball.

Surrey did deserve the win though as they had far fewer crosses on net than the caps. Deacon's red was a bit much too. A yellow at the most would have been fair.

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 4 Croats 2

Knowing our squad, I will say it was a very peculiar game for us.
We started fine, went up a goal and then seemed to relax thinking we had done enough for the day.

Obviously that was far from being right because we let the Croats back into the game (well deserved though) to the extent that they jumped out to lead.

Although it was not always one-way traffic, we did produce the more quality chances and could have had more if the finish was better.

Croatia did play a strong match, but only in spurts and on the day that was the difference.

GhostRider

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TO SEE WHAT WE HAD "COMING UP" FOR THE FUTURE AND PLAYED A HUGE AMOUNT OF YOUNGSTERS AND SIGNEES.. BUT THE PLAN WAS ALWAYS TO GO BACK TO THE ESTABLISHED TEAM AFTER THE CHRISTMAS BREAK

Hey Coach K, spare us. Earlier in the season I don't recall seeing the 'established team' sitting on the sidelines while you were out there being Sir Alex Ferguson and playing your 'youngsters'. Nobody asked for an explanation of your poor season so far and the truth is you were like everybody else and at the mercy of a thin roster while your preferred players were out playing for Haney College or had to work a shift at the Boat Show.

Croatia went toe-to-toe with you yesterday and carved out a couple of fine goals while you depended on set pieces and a penalty shot. Calling us 'worried' is delusional (like your whole post) and the fact is we'd love to draw you in Provincials because Westside + Heald brothers = one-trick pony. We probably won't have Johnny S for the Provincials but yesterday we showed we can play.

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
O-Heald definitely does a touch of class to our team, But we are by no means a one trick pony….Thank you very much!

It is just fine to hear from all you wanna be’s (meaning wanting to be like us) going on about how great you are, keep it up and we will just see who is left standing when it is all said and done.

4 goals are four goals. Like it or not it is still a stuffing even though you managed to “carve out two goals” and went “toe to toe”…..please!

No respect is the best!
Under dogs rule!

;)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach K.....get real

The fact is your team was shite though most of the season....don't give me the crap about wanting to see the young players in the premier; you had no choice. And if that is your future, you and the serbs will have something in common.

As for ghostrider........

Dream on!!!! Westside took the piss out of you all game. Westside only has 11 players, but they are a great side and they showed it all game. It is comical to hear any Croats talk about a 'one-trick-pony' team. Sounds like the Croats. "Sulentic this..." and "Sulentic that....". Westside (the team) shite all over your parade on Friday. Too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0