Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2001/02 Premier League Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahhhh jes

Good game report KNVB.

Rene did a great job as ref tonight. But the game lacked emotion and flow. It was a meaningless game for us and you guys were probably expecting a cake walk. I'm just happy the game ended up as close as it did.

Good luck to all the teams who made the provincials from the VMSL. Lets make it a VMSL domination.

KNVB, I'll see you on the pitch with Penticton. I can't turn down playing on the weekends without needing to practice.:D Good times!!!:cool:

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with KNVB's match report. Surrey will beat the toons in the playoff. They are bigger, faster and have more skill than the toons (except for KNVB):p. As KNVB will admit they came close to loosing the 3 points. Smiles made a great save with about 3 mins left in the game. Once again our finishing cost us, fcuk do we ever need a striker.
Rene had a great game too last night even though he missed that call on our keeps. Oh ya Rene has asked me too change my name on here, and out of respect for him and no other refs it will be changed by this weekend(once Regs gets it done foe me;) )

Good Luck to all in the Provincials.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New name

Ref Beater,

I think that you should change your name to butterball, it takes a little from your shape and the fact that you play soccer. Maybe somewhat that you roll like a ball when you dive or atleast attemp to dive.

Knvb,

good report, Rene did have a good game, and it is quite funny knowing now that he reads all this, I think it is time for him to make his presence felt.

Cheers
JB

whothinksrefbeatershouldgetinshape

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rene reads this? Funny I had know Idea....... Now it looks like I was sucking up. Doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Rene is good Rene is great........ :D

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Third an fourth place teams....

Anyone notice that next year the Wolves and Capitals will be joining side B, and us at Inter will be going to side A.

Westside really decides what they want to do.
With two games remaining, one win (they still have to play Serbia) and they go to side A, two losses and they stay in side B.

Any thoughts?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With Burnaby gone maybe we can get a game for once on side A...... :D Thanks goodness the Crotes stay put, we could use another easy 6 points. Win or lose. What side are the 96ers and Ac Milan going to be placed on? I guess it would to much to ask if we got both WOP teams on our side.

Welcome to Side A Inter. Do you even know how to get to Slurrey? Ask CDK if you don't.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was studying that a couple of days ago.

CoachK should just rest his players for Provincials a la the Detroit Redwings and just default their last 2 games :D

What whould the league say? Could they even have a say?

Great set-up by the league to even have these questions pop up :rolleyes:

Yours in wanting a single division,

~TB.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 divisions is stupid!!!

I totally agree with you Regs.

Premier should be just one large division. The two lowest teams get relegated and everyone plays each other the same amount of times.

I'm not sure on how you could do that exactly, maybe reduce the number of teams, or games or increase both.

Any thoughts?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Easy

Reduce the League to 12 teams... everyone plays each other twice making it a 22 game schedule... We already play 19 so 3 more games wouldn't be too far fetched... However if 4 teams could be eliminated next year, a 10 team League would be ideal with 18 games... How does that sound???

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shitty if your on of those 4 teams. I think the season runs like it does because of Provincials. Something to due with the guys out east.

We wouldn't want to put them out would we.....:rolleyes:

I do like the idea of one division though. Playing everyone twice would be more fair. It would have/ could have been very interesting this year for the Relegation battle with the Crotes, Indo, Wops and Porkies. Oh my.......

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One League

They wouldn't have to play the to divisional playoffs and that is an extra week of games right there, all they need to due is co-ordinat with the parks board a little better and don't get them to shut down fields on nice sunny days.

Not only would it add excitment to the bottom of the table but the top as well.

Cheers
JB

jbwhoisinallfavourofoneleague

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
everyone plays each other twice making it a 22 game schedule... We already play 19 so 3 more games wouldn't be too far fetched
It certain would be in another season like this one. :rolleyes:

One group, ten teams and eighteen games is perfect. For reasons posted elsewhere, it would benefit the entire league.

Make it so.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 1 Sports town 0

Played out at Minrou(sp) and the field was an absolute Joke! Pot holes everywhere and hardly a stitch of grass left. It truly was diabolical.

Basically the game was who could muck and who could kick the ball farther down the field. We had most if not all of what little play there was. The Toons are shite. I'm really surprised they made it this far. The must be doing something right though..... I guess.

League Finial 2:00 KO at Kinsmen park vs. Peg

#30 GEU

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sportstown shite?

Wrong KNVB,

A good young team that works hard is far from shite. They still gave you guys a run without three of their top players. It is only their second year in Premier and they finish in first.

Come on, a bit of credit they deserve.
Argentina

simon

Aug 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
for those who care

Westside 10-2 Serbia

Chaisson takes the scoring lead with 4 today, 13 on the year

#30 GEU

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shite and Chaisson

Argentina is not shite. We finished a mere 9 points out of first. We should be 9 points out of last considering how new we are in the league.

Enough about how shite all the new teams are. The 96ers will stay in Premier next year, Milan Im not sure. Come on how much different are the top div 1 teams compared to the premier teams?

Chaisson still impresses. The guy is the best goal-scorer Ive ever played with. He never gets the credit he deserves (although should one complement him......?). In fact, he probably only played 60 min/game on average for Westside.

Argentina 1 win, 1 loss, 1 tie vs. Surrey this year.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on how much different are the top div 1 teams compared to the premier teams?
Well, if the results Surrey got against the top teams in Div. 1 mean anything to you I would say allot. We beat Deep Cove 6-1 and AC Milan 5-0 and in a friendly Pac. 96ers 3 or 4 -1.

Simon~ I can see the 10 gals being scored, but how the hell did you let Serbia score 2 on you? :eek:

Congrats to Chaisson.

#30 GEU

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB,

We will see how you fair next year.
Do you think the 96ers or Milan will stay up?

Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0